St. Xavier 24 Trinity 15

BuddyBW

These two schools/teams have so many things simular, which is some of the reasons why it is such a big game.

Both of these schools/teams demand thier kids to hold them selfs higher than the average school/team/and person. For the head coach of one of these teams to do this is not holding himself above average as he expects his kids to do so.

Instead of letting his kids have the spot light of their win, he wants all the attention to himself. We should be talking about the kids, instead we are talking about their 50 something year-old coach. Time for him to act his age and hold him self higher than the average H.S. coach. A bad example for the 100 + players on HIS team. Great example Glaser, keep on staying classy.

It is the people commenting about it who can not get over the motivational tool used by Coach Glaser during this game week. It seemed to work for his team and these young men played with poise and class. The motivation seemed to work for this game. I sure the umbrella will not be out again it has served its motivational purpose. Good LUCK to St. Xavier and Trinity. I always look forward to the 2nd game as much as the 1st.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St. X High, St. X High,

You're the best of schools around,

And we're proud of the Green and the Gold

St. X High, St. X High,

All your rivals you astound

When the feats of the Tigers are told

And we'll stay on top,

Battle till we drop,

Holding our banner up on high

And we'll FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT

For Xavier and the right

For the Tigers we'll do or we'll die

For the Tigers we'll do or we'll die

We still can't overcome an All-American, CentreRocks. If you'll re-read my statement, we have merely been the beneficiaries of suicide committed by the "world's best, state's best, nation's best, all-state, state champions, veterans, and a 2000-yard rusher." There wasn't a single listed All-American amongst them. ;) :lol: ;)

My apologies. I inferred that "the world's best and nation's best" would be All-Americans. Hopefully our lauded players will now be relegated to merely All-Americans so we have a shot in December. ;)

^ I don't really care about that....since I have been around we are ahead.....AND we spotted (I jest there) you guys 13 wins until we really figured out how to play football....

I know that your head coach has a losing record against us....and our has a winning record against you guys...

How quick you are to throw out the history that makes this game so great. Shame on you for brushing off all those Trinity alum before you that helped make this game is what it is today.

As far who has a chance to win the 2007 6A championship I only have an opinion on the teams I have seen play this year. I do not know how you can dismiss so many teams so quickly? In my opinion, St. X is by far the best team I have seen play this year, followed by Manual, Trinity and Male. Manual is very physical on both sides of the ball, has a true multifaceted offense, and plays a tough aggressive defense. St. X beat Manual by only 7 points with its’ whole team intact. It is highly likely that St. X and Manual will meet again in the 2nd round of the playoffs. I would hate to speculate past that.

Not to change the thread, but I think It is unfortunate for Louisville High School football that Manual and Trinity do not play on a regular basis.

I would not dare look past Manual. They were St. Xavier's toughest opponent to date.

^ Ok, I've heard a kid gave it to him and he opened it on a whim... and now I hear he brought it for motivational purposes. Whichever the case X-nation get the story straight. Either way, he was saying "look at me". He could have just worn yellow shoes.... wait, that's been done. Anyway, that was Friday night and now it's Monday... I'm moving on. In fact, it won't kill me if St. X wins state this year. I am going broke buying Trinity State Championship clothing every year for Christmas!

OK. We will try and save you some money this year. I would not enjoy anything more than meeting Trinity again. What a great rivalry. Good LUCK the rest of the way Rocks.

I'm assuming TB = Tail back

X didn't lose Finch until after the game was decided. That had no effect on the game at all.

Maybe not but he was on a cakewalk to the end zone when he pulled up with a cramp and took himself out of bounds so he would have had a least 1 more TD and 40+ more rushing yards on that play alone.

Just wanted to hear what the Rock faithful thought of Beatty going for 2 after being backed up. Did he just get caught up in the moment and not think of the implications of missing it? Especially when he has one of the best (senior) kickers in the state. The PAT would have been a chip shot, and then the Rocks feel good going into the onside, knowing if they recover and score, they have a shot to tie. After failing to convert the 2 point conversion, it was as if the game was already over, since it was a two possession game with less than a minute to play. In my opinion, it was a poor call, but then again, I don't get paid to coach, so I wanted to hear what the T fans thought about that call.

^I'm with you on that call Buddy. I would have kicked the xp. Then if by some miracle you get the onsides kick... and by another miracle you score, you may have some momentun and a better chance for a 2 pt conversion. Nice to know we can agree on some things!

Just wanted to hear what the Rock faithful thought of Beatty going for 2 after being backed up. Did he just get caught up in the moment and not think of the implications of missing it? Especially when he has one of the best (senior) kickers in the state. The PAT would have been a chip shot, and then the Rocks feel good going into the onside, knowing if they recover and score, they have a shot to tie. After failing to convert the 2 point conversion, it was as if the game was already over, since it was a two possession game with less than a minute to play. In my opinion, it was a poor call, but then again, I don't get paid to coach, so I wanted to hear what the T fans thought about that call.

Should have gone for one, especially after the penalty. No pressure on the X hands team to recover the kick. Maybe he thought the kicker wasn't playing well with a missed PAT, two poor kickoffs and poor punts. :confused: Nevertheless, should have gone for one.

^ Ok, I've heard a kid gave it to him and he opened it on a whim... and now I hear he brought it for motivational purposes. Whichever the case X-nation get the story straight. Either way, he was saying "look at me". He could have just worn yellow shoes.... wait, that's been done. Anyway, that was Friday night and now it's Monday... I'm moving on. In fact, it won't kill me if St. X wins state this year. I am going broke buying Trinity State Championship clothing every year for Christmas!

It's Monday and we're still getting comments about umbrellas and brooms...cmon guys and gals. It was a light hearted play on the weather that caused last year's game to end early, ie. we overcame what happened last year. I ask again, what is so offensive about an umbrella? Personally, I thought it was goofy. I would have preferred that Coach Glaser and the Team simply shook hands with Trinity and each other with little fanfare and walked off the field as if this was just another leg of an unfinished business trip that does not culimate until December. But, that's my rather boring personality. These are kids and Glaser has a different personality.

It was a great game and I hope to see a rematch. Both teams have tremendous talent and room for improvement.

I keep forgetting that the season ended Friday night...
I keep forgetting that it is still 2003? How about that Carmelo Anthony in the NCAA finals? I heard there's a senior in Akron St Vincent St Mary's that is better than him. Is John Kerry running for president?

I believe the thread says St Xavier 24 Trinity 15. 2007. Times change.

I keep forgetting that it is still 2003? How about that Carmelo Anthony in the NCAA finals? I heard there's a senior in Akron St Vincent St Mary's that is better than him. Is John Kerry running for president?

I believe the thread says St Xavier 24 Trinity 15. 2007. Times change.

As I said in an earlier post, the better team won Friday night. No excuses. What I can never get out of St.X people is that the KHSAA says that Trinity has 17 titles to 11 for X. We must be doing something right.