St. Xavier 24 Trinity 15

BuddyBW

Nope, I was down in the student section cheering my head off with all my buddies until the final horn.

Then you may have stayed and cheered, but you already stated in your earlier post that the game was already decided before Finch went out. The cheers must have been rather hollow when you had already admitted defeat in your heart and mind. :cool:

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you may have stayed and cheered, but you already stated in your earlier post that the game was already decided before Finch went out. The cheers must have been rather hollow when you had already admitted defeat in your heart and mind. :cool:

I support Trinity no matter what the score is. I guess you have never experienced that feeling of "supporting your team no matter what" though, otherwise you wouldn't have said that. ;) :thumb:

RP, the great thing is that we still have an opportunity to go undefeated this year and you don't have a chance. Additionally, the "streak against KY teams" that you've been keeping track of is now over.

24-15 fellas and it wasn't that close.

I think you are missing the point. In the nine years since the last St X win over the 'Rocks in the playoffs, they have lost three times to a team from their side of the bracket and once to a team from the X side of the bracket. What in that record makes you think that the X side of the bracket is so much tougher? Last year X had a chance to keep Trinity out of the finals, but they got blown out by a Male team that then lost to Trinity.

You're right! It should have been closer. With a missed PAT and 2-point conv. it was more like 1 touchdown.

:rolleyes: ok

You're right! It should have been closer. With a missed PAT and 2-point conv. it was more like 1 touchdown.

Why don't you count the points X left on the field inside T's 25 and the penalty that let you have your first 3. Like I said, it wasn't that close. It should have been 21-3 at one point, but that's the way the breaks went. I'm looking forward to a rematch with our starting QB healthy for the whole game.

^ I don't really care about that....since I have been around we are ahead.....AND we spotted (I jest there) you guys 13 wins until we really figured out how to play football....

I know that your head coach has a losing record against us....and our has a winning record against you guys...

RP, the great thing is that we still have an opportunity to go undefeated this year and you don't have a chance. Additionally, the "streak against KY teams" that you've been keeping track of is now over.

24-15 fellas and it wasn't that close.

I am not the KY streak guy....you have the wrong one....Congrats on the OPPORTUNITY to go undefeated...history shows that Glaser doesn't know howo to realize SAID opportunity..

If you'll look at the all-time series record, you were down by THREE games going into this season. You're now down by FOUR! :ylsuper:

Let's take a look at the state championship column... I see 17 for Trinity, and, how many is that for St. X? ...and how many more years has X been around?

Who is on the Saint Xavier side of the bracket?

District-6-1- Apollo, Daviess County, Graves County, Henderson County, Madisonville-North Hopkins, Marshall County

• Sorry. It's not going to happen...

District-6-2- Central Hardin, Greenwood, Meade County, Nelson County, North Hardin

• Nope.

• Saint Xavier has already taken down Manual. Plus they always seem to lose steam in the playoffs. Butler is way down, and PRP is not going to do either.

District-6-4- Bullitt Central, Fern Creek, Male, Southern

• Souther or BC... nope. Male, no way.

Who is on Trinity's side of the bracket?

• Ballard gave Saint Xavier all they wanted without their star RB...

District-6-6- Boone County, Campbell County, Conner, Ryle, Simon Kenton

• Ryle played for the title last year.

District-6-7- Henry Clay, Lafayette, Paul Dunbar, Tates Creek

• Henry Clay has the most talent in the state.

District-6-8- George Rogers Clark, Madison Central, Scott County, Shelby County

• Shelby County has one of the best QB's in the state, but it would be a long shot.

As far who has a chance to win the 2007 6A championship I only have an opinion on the teams I have seen play this year. I do not know how you can dismiss so many teams so quickly? In my opinion, St. X is by far the best team I have seen play this year, followed by Manual, Trinity and Male. Manual is very physical on both sides of the ball, has a true multifaceted offense, and plays a tough aggressive defense. St. X beat Manual by only 7 points with its’ whole team intact. It is highly likely that St. X and Manual will meet again in the 2nd round of the playoffs. I would hate to speculate past that.

Not to change the thread, but I think It is unfortunate for Louisville High School football that Manual and Trinity do not play on a regular basis.

I thought X "couldn't beat an All American." :D I guess they figured out how to in 4 years.

We still can't overcome an All-American, CentreRocks. If you'll re-read my statement, we have merely been the beneficiaries of suicide committed by the "world's best, state's best, nation's best, all-state, state champions, veterans, and a 2000-yard rusher." There wasn't a single listed All-American amongst them. ;) :lol: ;)

As far who has a chance to win the 2007 6A championship I only have an opinion on the teams I have seen play this year. I do not know how you can dismiss so many teams so quickly? In my opinion, St. X is by far the best team I have seen play this year, followed by Manual, Trinity and Male. Manual is very physical on both sides of the ball, has a true multifaceted offense, and plays a tough aggressive defense. St. X beat Manual by only 7 points with its’ whole team intact. It is highly likely that St. X and Manual will meet again in the 2nd round of the playoffs. I would hate to speculate past that.

Not to change the thread, but I think It is unfortunate for Louisville High School football that Manual and Trinity do not play on a regular basis.

Some good points you make!

I do wonder about your saying that Manual plays 'a tough, aggressive defense" after seeing the score of their game with Shelby County. I have seen Shelby County and I didn't think they would hang that many on any team.