St. Xavier 24 Trinity 15

BuddyBW

Great explanation. The broom symbolizing “sweeping” a series has been used for decades. Anyone who has lived in city with pro sports teams has seen it many times during home stands and playoff series. The umbrella was purely a student body prop keeping with the theme on the t-shirts the St. X student body was wearing for the game. Some people just need to lighten up, I am sure if Trinity had won neither symbol would have been seen.

By the way I loved the “We Are Trinity” t-shirts I seen the students wearing.

Never mind.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Trinity will be in the state final because there's nobody on that side (of the bracket). We have a long road to get there."

Scotch tape anyone?

Can someone point out who has had success in beating the Shamrocks in the playoffs the last 5 year??????

Im still listening........

If you want to complain about the remark, keep it to your self, this is reality. The Rocks are a shoe in for the final. Someone has to step up and beat them in playoff competition. I havn't seen a non St. X team do this for a long time. Rememeber, Male is on the St. X side of the bracket......

Im still listening.........;)

The best picture from the game...

:laugh:Stop the clock...First TD gives a semi-compliment to Coach Beatty and I agree with RunFirst on something all in the same day.:lol:

Check out the game-face on the Little Tiger. Great shot!:thumb:

So who is the difficult competion between now and December for the Rocks (playoff football)....?

You might want to check out Henry Clay before you buy your advance tickets to the championship game. They have a huge line that is a lot more physical than Trinity’s on both sides of the ball, a QB who is one of the most athletic players in the state, a solid running game, and a WR/DB who is being pursued by every D1 college in the nation.

Right now St. X is completely focused on Thursday's game with Butler and not even thinking about looking past them to "open date" the following week.

You might want to check out Henry Clay before you buy your advance tickets to the championship game. They have a huge line that is a lot more physical than Trinity’s on both sides of the ball, a QB who is one of the most athletic players in the state, a solid running game, and a WR/DB who is being pursued by every D1 college in the nation.

Right now St. X is completely focused on Thursday's game with Butler and not even thinking about looking past them to "open date" the following week.

No disrespect to Henry Clay, but they had Trinity at Home in last years playoff and the Rocks handled em pretty good........ Ok, who else has the talent, coaching, playoff experience, experience in championship play.... to be in position to beat Trinity come November/December??? I am a firm belivever that anybody can beat anybody on a given game, however, I need to see a team rise to the occasion and beat Trinity in the playoffs. Its been a long time ........ so Ill still stand by my comments and Coach Glasers, Trinity will be in the final, they have an easy road. Road is much tougher for St. X.

Can someone point out who has had success in beating the Shamrocks in the playoffs the last 5 year??????

Im still listening........

If you want to complain about the remark, keep it to your self, this is reality. The Rocks are a shoe in for the final. Someone has to step up and beat them in playoff competition. I havn't seen a non St. X team do this for a long time. Rememeber, Male is on the St. X side of the bracket......

Keep listening. A St X team hasn't beaten them in the playoffs for ten years. Since the last St X playoff win over Trinity, the 'Rocks have lost to Tates Creek, Bryan Station, Male and Dixie Heights. The rest of those years they have won the title. Heard enough? The old "Trinity has a pass to the finals" line is just another Glaser excuse for not delivering titles at anywhere near the rate Trinity has produced titles.

No disrespect to Henry Clay, but they had Trinity at Home in last years playoff and the Rocks handled em pretty good........ Ok, who else has the talent, coaching, playoff experience, experience in championship play.... to be in position to beat Trinity come November/December??? I am a firm belivever that anybody can beat anybody on a given game, however, I need to see a team rise to the occasion and beat Trinity in the playoffs. Its been a long time ........ so Ill still stand by my comments and Coach Glasers, Trinity will be in the final, they have an easy road. Road is much tougher for St. X.

Of course the road is much tougher for St X. They don't have the Trinity coaching staff.

So who is the difficult competion between now and December for the Rocks (playoff football)....?

I guess Henry Clay will be tough, but that's not the point. I was simply informing you that suggesting that no one has but St. X has beaten Trinity in the playoffs is wrong. Tates Creek, Bryan Station, Male and Dixie Heights have all beaten Trinity in the playoffs more recently than St. X. :thumb:

I guess Henry Clay will be tough, but that's not the point. I was simply informing you that suggesting that no one has but St. X has beaten Trinity in the playoffs is wrong. Tates Creek, Bryan Station, Male and Dixie Heights have all beaten Trinity in the playoffs more recently than St. X. :thumb:

You missed my point. I know the record of St. X and Trinity in the playoffs, the question is, who on the "Trinity side of the 6A bracket" will give the Rocks trouble in the playoffs prior to the Final game? Hence, that is why I feel Trinity will be in the final, lack of good competition couple with excellent coaching by the Rock staff.....

;)

You missed my point. I know the record of St. X and Trinity in the playoffs, the question is, who on the "Trinity side of the 6A bracket" will give the Rocks trouble in the playoffs prior to the Final game? Hence, that is why I feel Trinity will be in the final, lack of good competition couple with excellent coaching by the Rock staff.....

;)

I thought your initial point, and the one I responded to was

Someone has to step up and beat them in playoff competition. I havn't (sic) seen a non St. X team do this for a long time.

Hopefully you now see where you were wrong on that statement. :thumb:

Now to your second question re Trinity's playoff foes. I am not sure how the regions are set up this year, but I believe Trinity and St. X will have one tough game in the playoffs before the Finals: X vs. Manual and Trinity vs. Henry Clay.