St. Xavier 24 Trinity 15

BuddyBW

Trinity- B- Used pass to control time of possession well thus saving defense. Adjustments in defending defensive pressure too late. Defensive scheme for coverage may have to be reviewed in some formations. Got feeling that Trinity kept something back. Disagree on the 2 point conversion but T faithful explained that would of allowed T to win if they convert and get onside Kick.

What do you think?

I agree with all of the above. But I especially felt that what I bolded above was true in this game. I kept waiting for something to change, or something to happen differently, or some sort of "magic". I know we're capable of it. I just didn't see it. I don't know the "ins" and "outs", so I'm sure they did what they thought was best.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can a kid that lives in Franklin County's east side go to Trinity? Is that legal? I thought that Franklin County was in the arch-diocese of Lexington which means if he was going to go to a Catholic school he must go to Lexington Catholic.

He could live in Paducah or Pittsburgh Pa and still be legal.

I thought as long as the student athlete lived in the state, they could play at any private school they wanted, at least thats how it is in my neck of the woods. What do you mean that Trinity didn't show everything during this game. Do they usually have that many mistakes and turnovers.

I thought as long as the student athlete lived in the state, they could play at any private school they wanted, at least thats how it is in my neck of the woods. What do you mean that Trinity didn't show everything during this game. Do they usually have that many mistakes and turnovers.

No...they don't.

Trinity- B- Used pass to control time of possession well thus saving defense. Adjustments in defending defensive pressure too late. Defensive scheme for coverage may have to be reviewed in some formations. Got feeling that Trinity kept something back. Disagree on the 2 point conversion but T faithful explained that would of allowed T to win if they convert and get onside Kick.

What do you think?

I agree with all of the above. But I especially felt that what I bolded above was true in this game. I kept waiting for something to change, or something to happen differently, or some sort of "magic". I know we're capable of it. I just didn't see it. I don't know the "ins" and "outs", so I'm sure they did what they thought was best.

When this game ended Friday night, I was thinking the exact same thing. St. X saw this "Rope-A-Dope" philosophy employed 2 years ago in 2005. I, for one, don't think Beatty shows his complete hand in this game knowing that he will probably get another shot at St. X somewhere down the road.

What St. X has to do now is NOT be complacent. They need to work hard at getting better between now and then. The good thing for St. X is that most of these Seniors still feel the sting of 2005 in their hearts. They were there as part of the team that went 14 and 1. I truly believe: They'll Be Ready!

Great game on both sides. As our beloved Archbishop Kurtz said in his opening prayer, "May the best team win" and they did!

:thumb:GO TIGERS! :thumb:

It was just a game everybody, and a great game for the fans.

I think X had to win this game, they wanted it much more than the Rocks they needed it to keep their program in the up-right direction.

The Umbrella was an embarassing mommt for all fans, including Tiger Fans, Rock Fans and especially for Kentucky High School Sports.

I heard there was also a casket brought to this game by students just in case the tigers would have lost. Great game Tigers, keep up the good work and I hope you get the chance to see the Rocks again this year, just for your sake.:banana:

It is not just a game it is an event around a game.

I was not embarrassed. To me it adds to the color of the rivalry. I have seen some pretty spirited happenings involving this game.

How can a kid that lives in Franklin County's east side go to Trinity? Is that legal? I thought that Franklin County was in the arch-diocese of Lexington which means if he was going to go to a Catholic school he must go to Lexington Catholic.

He signed up, took the entrance exam, paid his tuition, and showed up for class.

Read my lips...CentreRocks!!!

Ala Jerry Seinfeld, "I choose not to run." I think to a man, most people disagree with the umbrella and broom. In fact, many X guys disagreed with the broom in 2005, as they expressed their opinions in the pregame thread. I just think it is funny to hear four or five different stories on how the umbrella got there and why it was used. It's almost like a game of Clue: It was Glaser, at night, in the kitchen, with the umbrella who did it. :D Just call a spade a spade.

Jimmyref,

I posted my intitial thoughts on the game on Saturday. I'm not too good on assigning grades, but X outplayed Trinity at every facet of the game. Kudos to them and once again congrats on the win. :thumb:

Ala Jerry Seinfeld, "I choose not to run." I think to a man, most people disagree with the umbrella and broom. In fact, many X guys disagreed with the broom in 2005, as they expressed their opinions in the pregame thread. I just think it is funny to hear four or five different stories on how the umbrella got there and why it was used. It's almost like a game of Clue: It was Glaser, at night, in the kitchen, with the umbrella who did it. :D Just call a spade a spade.

Jimmyref,

I posted my intitial thoughts on the game on Saturday. I'm not too good on assigning grades, but X outplayed Trinity at every facet of the game. Kudos to them and once again congrats on the win. :thumb:

But if drafted will you accept the nomination? :D

His father is a teacher at Trinity! He also happens to coach defensive backs.

Lexington is not an Archdiocese. They are the Diocese of Lexington. Louisville is still the big kahuna in these parts as far as the Catholic Church is concerned. This boundary stretches into Tennessee. Now, you may speak of the school system, which locally answers to a Superintendent and has parishes in several surrounding counties. There is no rule that keeps a child from attending a Louisville Catholic school of their choice as long as they agree to meet the tuition requirements, etc.

Ala Jerry Seinfeld, "I choose not to run." I think to a man, most people disagree with the umbrella and broom. In fact, many X guys disagreed with the broom in 2005, as they expressed their opinions in the pregame thread. I just think it is funny to hear four or five different stories on how the umbrella got there and why it was used. It's almost like a game of Clue: It was Glaser, at night, in the kitchen, with the umbrella who did it. Just call a spade a spade.

As previously advised St. X's theme this year was "Nothing can stop us!" with the umbrella suggesting we won't be stopped this year even if, again, there is bad weather. Coach Glaser use this motto as motivation but it was the students who brought the umbrella to this game to show support and reminder of this years theme. Continued questioning as to who brought the umbrella to the game seems a bit obssesive and bottom line is the umbrella reiterated X's motivating theme "Nothing can stop us!" I liked it, it worked.

Many enjoyed the broom and umbrella, and some may even find pleasure in the disgruntleness some T fans have with this. CR, although it's probably not your intention, X fans can relate to your avatar as a reminder and source of St. X celebration. So thanks, I like it, too.

Sure, the state championship is the ultimate destination, but, as is life the journey is half the fun. :dancingpa