Highlands 53 CovCath 21 (JV)

leatherneck

Huddleston was the other Sticky. Keep in mind all 4 of these players have moved up to help at the LB position. Currently the only JV LB that's been practicing at that position is Blake Newman. The others, Bankamper, Alford and Abner are out with injuries. Two of them were season ending injuries. Last night I saw and 2 O-lineman playing LB.

Who are the two that have season ending injuries and what are they?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a hard hitting highlands, covcath game as i am sure everyone is. Glad it was pushed back to be able to attend. The only thing i can question is why with six minutes and leading by 21+, why highlands would come out throwing the ball down the field, which one went for about a 50 yard td. Really enjoyed the game for a monday night.

This was a hard hitting highlands, covcath game as i am sure everyone is. Glad it was pushed back to be able to attend. The only thing i can question is why with six minutes and leading by 21+, why highlands would come out throwing the ball down the field, which one went for about a 50 yard td. Really enjoyed the game for a monday night.

There are two very simple answers to your question: 1. Highlands needs to continue to improve its passing game and passing the ball in jv games helps accomplish that; 2. CovCath needs to improve its pass defense and Highlands taking a knee or running qb sneaks doesn't help CovCath accomplish that.

All games, but particularly JV and Frosh games are designed to help kids get playing experience, to improve their skills, to point out their weaknesses so that they can be worked upon and to help the coaches make personnel decsions. No team with a big lead is doing its opponent in my opinion a favor by shutting down its offense or calling off its defense. As a coach, I want to see which of my players are going to hang in there when they are getting the snot kicked out of them and which ones are going to quit. My team captains will be those that don't quit. I want every opportunity to work on the things that caused us to be down big, so if my opponent scored a lot of points passing, I hope he passes until the final whistle so my players get every opportunity to improve against the pass. Finally if my opponent is really a 32 point better team than mine but only wins by 10 because they called off the dogs, my kids may not really understand how far they are behind that opponent. I'd rather get beaten by the real margin so my kids understand just how far behind they are and just how hard they are going to have to work if we intend to beat that opponent next year.

Frankly I'd stack our the qbs in our four classes (senior-Cecil; junior-Guidugli; sophomore-Bardo; and freshman-Abner) against any other program's 4 qbs.

Heck, let's include Jake Turner and Jay Draper and go 6 deep!!

DMZ76.

Don't stop there I am sure there are some outstanding QBs in the FT T JR FooTball League!

I agree Jay and Jake could play QB right now in most football programs in the state. Tony could play in most highschool programs across the river!

The QBs are getting invaluable experience that will only pay huge dividends in the march for numbers 17, 18, 19 and 20!

If there aren't some outstanding QB's in the FTJFL, I'd be really surprised. I mentioned Jake and Jay because Jay was the JV man last year and was extremely accurate. And Jake split time at QB with Tony as a frosh...and had stepped in as JV signal caller when young Bardo went down. Both could pull off some trickery...double end around pass-pass Shelbyville for a TD !!!!! :eek:

DMZ76.

Don't stop there I am sure there are some outstanding QBs in the FT T JR FooTball League!

I agree Jay and Jake could play QB right now in most football programs in the state. Tony could play in most highschool programs across the river!

The QBs are getting invaluable experience that will only pay huge dividends in the march for numbers 17, 18, 19 and 20!

Not sure about the across the river comment. If he is that good he would be stating at HHS no matter who was ahead of him. He looks great at JV wonder what would happen as everyday varsity. Guess we will find out next year.

Not sure about the across the river comment. If he is that good he would be stating at HHS no matter who was ahead of him. He looks great at JV wonder what would happen as everyday varsity. Guess we will find out next year.

He is good. Apparently you have not seen him in person. If you had, you would have never made that comment. Also, Cecil is just that good-hence why Tony is not starting. I didn't have a lot of confidence in Cecil's arm before this year, but he has really shown that he worked hard in the off-season. Tony will be good, the QB job will be his to lose next year. But to say he is not good enough is incorrect. Highlands just happens to be really stacked at QB right now. I guarantee that any other team in the state would love to have any one of our QB's as their starter. I think sometimes people just lose their perception of how truly great Highlands Football is. I know we are a sensitive crew over here in the 41075, but its only because we have that much pride in our city, school, and teams.

It all depends what SS meant by across the river. Could he start for teams like St.X. Probably not. But there are lots of programs on the north side of the river that aren't anywhere close to the level of St. X. And Tony probably could start for a lot of those programs.

Won't the current SOPH that is hurt get a shot at the qb job next year?

I'm sure he will get a shot. Dale places a major premium on the qb position. If Bardo proves to be the better qb, he'll start regardless of the fact that Tony will be a senior and has the last name of Guidugli.

Bardo does have a good arm as well, I guess it will depend on decision making ability and mobility in the pocket. Along with all this, I would just like to throw in there that I would love to see what Austin Collinsworth would do on offense with one of those guys throwing. He is a most impressive sophomore along with Roller who is great too. Put those guys out wide and open up the air attack, look out record books!!!

I was simply, simply paying the young man a compliment. He has a great arm and he has the decison making qualities to be a fine qb. Cecil and G-duly's style of play compliment one another. G-duly's varsity experience will enalbe him to hit the ground running next year. Unfortunately, the Cecil lad did not get that opportunity of varsity play before becoming the signal caller due to the senior qb hogging all the qb playing time! I do expect Bardo to be in the mix next year as well. The outcome will be the recipe for another state title. :thumb: