2007/2008 Rose Hill Christian

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most likely will be Tony Arthur and Alex Malloy two of the quickest players on the team. Of course if you want to go bigger there is Quackenbush or maybe even Chase Jackson (6'10") if he is cleared to play. Then there is Johnny Bush who runs like the Energizer bunny. Also Mike Davis, Scott Gambill, Mike Terry, and probably three or four others who will see a lot of time.

I agree that the region will boil down to Rose Hill and Elliott. Helping Euton and Jackson will be Michael Fuller, a good 3 point shooter, and Tony Arthur, places a great defensive game, just to name a few.

The sleeper will be Boyd, with Zornes back at the helm, we may be seeing a little of the old Boyd come out and surprise a few.

Do not know if E.Carter or Raceland can win 3 games in the region but htey could definitely win 2. Everyone better not forget them when you think of teams that could cause problems for Elliott & RH.

Who's going to shut down both Euton and Jackson. Fuller, Malloy, and Arthur and probably a couple of others could play on any other team in this region. They are more than just a two man team.

I heard Quackenbush (sp.?) has turned into a monster this year.

And why is a Christian school the "dark side"?

Its, Rose Hill's, focus is not as much on Christian education nowadays as the desire to produce athletic teams (which is good for school & student morale). The Hill was founded upon the desire to give an option of a Christian education to students in Boyd County and the surrounding counties over 20+ years ago, but many individuals involved there now have been trying to manufacture sports teams (legally under KHSAA rules) for the last few years, and are so bent on "sticking it" to the public schools that they have lost focus on C.S. vision.

Its, Rose Hill's, focus is not as much on Christian education nowadays as the desire to produce athletic teams (which is good for school & student morale). The Hill was founded upon the desire to give an option of a Christian education to students in Boyd County and the surrounding counties over 20+ years ago, but many individuals involved there now have been trying to manufacture sports teams (legally under KHSAA rules) for the last few years, and are so bent on "sticking it" to the public schools that they have lost focus on C.S. vision.
Interesting that C.S. attends most games and seems to enjoy himself thouroughly. He frequently tells the kids and coaches he's proud of their efforts. It's also interesting that you seem to know more about C.S.'s vision than C.S. apparently does himself.

I'm not about to defend everyone and everything that goes on at the Hill. There are definitely a bunch of humans there doing what humans do best... trying and failing and trying again. The idea that Christians are supposed to be meek little sheep and be happy with whatever happens to them could be why more people don't really want to be Chirstians... or why some of those who claim to be Christians aren't more effective.

If a Christian education does not include being the best you can be, and doing everything you do with excellence as though you are doing it for God Himself, it's not much of an education IMO... Christian or otherwise.

I'm just looking forward to seeing the kids continue to grow, improve and just maybe get a shot at the Region title. But it was obvious after last season, they really needed a 3rd option. We shall see how it plays out. I know I would give anything to make it to the Stew when the Tomcats visit.

Interesting that C.S. attends most games and seems to enjoy himself thouroughly. He frequently tells the kids and coaches he's proud of their efforts. It's also interesting that you seem to know more about C.S.'s vision than C.S. apparently does himself.

I'm not about to defend everyone and everything that goes on at the Hill. There are definitely a bunch of humans there doing what humans do best... trying and failing and trying again. The idea that Christians are supposed to be meek little sheep and be happy with whatever happens to them could be why more people don't really want to be Chirstians... or why some of those who claim to be Christians aren't more effective.

If a Christian education does not include being the best you can be, and doing everything you do with excellence as though you are doing it for God Himself, it's not much of an education IMO... Christian or otherwise.

Excellent comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ylsuper:

Thanks for your opinion and was very, very, very well delivered and allowed me to reflect upon my comments. You have opened my eyes and allowed me to actually agree with you in almost all of your statements. I still do not believe that RH's church should be funding athletic teams. If it is the desires of many people surrounding these programs to have an excellence in athletics, then those people should fund it themselves. I do not want to argue, nor offend anyone and I will not post anymore statements in the basketball forum on these issues on this strand (maybe I should not have in the first place), but it amuses me when the Lexington papers and a few publications refer to Rose Hill as Rose Hill Academy and not Rose Hill Christian School. This is only a "personal" opinion and with it and 75 cents I can buy a can of pop.

To all the RH posters, I sincerely apologize and do not mean any disrespect to you and any players, I just have personal issues.:creepy:

Paul advised being "all things to all people so that you might win some"

Churches all over the area spend money on block parties, busses, skiing trips etc in an effort to reach out to people. I'm not sure of the actual numbers, but my guess is the church views the school as a mission with most of the funding coming from the tuition the parents pay for their children to go there on top of their school taxes they pay for other children to go to public schools. Giving the public schools a huge advantage. And in spite of that, the Hill still finds ways to field a competitive team every few years:D