Everything posted by SMOKEANDMIRRORS
-
Ashland 53 Fairview 52
I agree with your assessment that in close games between teams of similiar talent , the free throw line is the difference. This was true In The Districts this year. Ashland won in the semis at the line and Fairview lost in the finals at the line.
-
Ashland 53 Fairview 52
I thought Ashland was the 2 seed in the district. I dont know why any one would not give them a ghost chance of winning it, I thought they split with Fairview and Rosehill in the season.
-
Ashland 64 Rose Hill 60
Old Shooter, I have a question for you since you predicted this would happen a couple of days ago. You also seem to have alot of knowledge of the way things are in our neck of the woods. Were YOU surprised by the Degree of differences in how the game was called for the teams and the number of foul shots.
-
Ashland 64 Rose Hill 60
Or another RH player might come to Ashland and start for them.
-
Ashland 64 Rose Hill 60
iIt is pretty hard to get a stop when the zebras are calling fouls on you like they did. And the other team is shooting a free throw ever 50 secs.
-
Ashland 64 Rose Hill 60
How does the most physical player on the floor,Bonner from Ashland,have 1 foul and the 3 players who played mostly inside for RH (Gregg,Kennedy,Parsons) have 11 between them.:ohbrother:
-
Ashland 64 Rose Hill 60
Old Shooter was right. I'll bet though even he was surprised by the calls tonight. I dont even know how R.H. kept it that close with such a discrepancy in foul shots.
-
Rose Hill vs Ashland (2/25)
If you have seen Kouns in action , what Old Shooter said is not an exaggeration.
-
Elliott County vs East Carter 62nd District
Since East Carter is finally playing up to their potential, Elliott"s toughest game they play in the districts or region may well be this first game.
-
Sportsmanship at Its Finest!!!!
Great Story.:thumb: This is what alot of coaches and fans dont realize. That the life lessons learned in sports stay with you longer and affect your life more than just the wins and losses. It is obvious that these coaches and teams realize that.:clap:
-
Ashland vs Rose Hill 2/12
Rose Hill by 8
-
Ashland Tomcats and Boyd County Lions
Anybody know WHY they left this late in the season?
-
Elliott County at Morgan County (1/26)
:thumb:
-
Why are three Refs used in High School BB games?
What frustrates me the most is when a ref farthest from the action and partally blocked view makes the call with the other two who are closer and unobstructed call nothing. Then during the game you mention a call to a ref and he says thats the other ref's call.:confused:
-
Fairview 55 Ashland 54
Collins(Jimmy in the Hoosiers) wouldnt have got the ball if you double team him on the inbounds play and make it go somewhere else with 11 secs left especially since Jackson had fouled out. Or at least it would have been a more rushed shot.
-
Rose Hill Christian vs Elliott County 16th Region All A Championship
I dont think most people at Rose Hill are unrealistic and realize they are playing one of , if not the best team in the state. With that said, R.H. will not roll over and will leave everything on the court. If they lose by a large margin so be it. Thay are playing great as a team and this will help them later in the year. They have exceeded most people's expectations and plan to make some more noise in the Disticts and Regions.
-
Fairview 55 Ashland 54
I was really surprised Ashland didnt try to deny Collins the ball and make someone else take the shot,especially with Jackson out . Everybody in Boyd County knew Fairview wanted him to take it.:confused:
-
AP Poll Jan. 20
Wouldn't unanimous be 18 of 18?:lol:
-
Rose Hill 74 Bath County 64
I would agree. The decision to full court press and push the tempo the whole second half wore B.C. down . Their starters were dead tired at the end and (IMO) why B.C. missed more of their shots late. Coach Bush"s substitution pattern kept the Royals fresher
-
Top Five Coaches in the 16 Region.
I agree that John Bush has done a wonderful job this year. Remember he took over a team with NO returning starters that most people had ranked in the bottom of the 16th region.They started out 0-4 and now are playing as a team and have a good chance to win the district.
-
Rose Hill 74 Bath County 64
A great team effort . All the players can be proud of their effort tonight. I thought a turning point was when Rose Hill's guards starting pressuring full court B.C. 's guards. That seemed to tire and frustrate them. Everybody who played stepped up and made a big shot or a big defensive stop.:dancingpa
-
Top Freshman
- Top Freshman
I agree. I would say the same about Corey Gregg as well.- Rose Hill v. Bath County 1/19 @ Menifee
Ill take Rose Hill by 6 in a close game.- Rose Hill 59 Raceland 48
Gregg is a freshman. - Top Freshman