Top Freshman

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In NKY I would say Zeke Pike from Dixie based on what I read and see in the paper. Any others up here?

I like Pike alot. Big strong post player. I heard Beechwood's frosh team is good, which surprised me. I would probably say Holmes and CCH will have a few too.

Manning- Scott Co.

Beckham- Lex Cath

Flloyd- Lex Cath

And In the NKY area the best player I've seen is Zeke Pike kid can flat out play, Inside and outside game he is a complete player and has plenty of room to grow. He will be a great Player in the 3 years. Best in this Area.

Also Heard of Chambers from Sk.

Any Others?

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Brewer and Sheeran for LaRue county. Brewer starts, Sheeran gets alot of minutes and may start at some point. Both of these freshman are small guards but very talented. They should play in the sweet16 someday, but may depend on if LaRue Co will have any size to go with these guys.

Devon Rowan of North Oldham. Big, beefy, 6'5" kid with strong baseline moves. Sometime starter, but often plays as power forward. Played some last year as an 8th grader. Younger brother of Michael Rowan, who led the Mustangs to the 8th Region SF last year and was the team's leading scorer.

One who isn't seeing a lot of varsity minutes yet, but who has impressed the dickens out of me when he has played on the varsity, is Kerrie Smith of Oldham County.

The best ones I have seen this year are:

Manning Scott Co.

Beckham LexCath

Downey J'town

Harrison Trinity

Ivey Scott Co.

Terry Rose Hill

I think you mean Desmond Dorsey instead of Downey. Daquan Boyd, G, plays big time minutes for Moore and played a lot last year as an 8th grader. He was on the floor at the end of Moore's wins over Male and at PRP. Kid sees the floor as well as anyone in this area since, dare I say it, Rajon Rondo. Having coached Rajon in MS I would say the Boyd is just a little bit under Rajon b.c of Rajon's first step. NO ONE could match Rajon's first step, except maybe JaJuan Spillman of PRP a couple of years ago.

Ryan Whetsel for Ashland Blazer has been 6th man for most of the year with 2 starts. According to IHigh.com, under the Ashland Tomcats Basketball Stats as of 1/4/09 he is rated in the first 5 players in the following categories: 3 pt field goals 4th @ 29.2%, free throws 1st @ 89.2%, assists 4th with 15, steals 5th with 8.