Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity vs St. X

Who wins the Game? 148 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the Game?

    • Rocks in Blowout
      9%
    • Tigers in a close one
      43%
    • Rocks in a close one
      44%
    • Tigers in a Blowout
      2%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I do appreciate the attention and weight you must give my posts. In order to know my trends, tendencies and patterns to thus make the above comment and consider it accurate, you must be quite the fan of mine. I suppose I should be honored. :banana:

 

That said...

 

There is a word that was mentioned in this thread, not sure if you saw it or not. I will spell it out for you in such a way that you can understand S-A-R-C-A-S-M. Which is common within the back and forth banter that occurs between T and X fans regularly here on BGP.

 

To be specific:

 

Sarcasm

1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain

2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

 

Banter

Good-natured and usually witty and animated joking.

 

I know they cover this better than that at St.X. :thumb:

 

 

Where's ol' Ox when you need him? I know he has a sense of humor. :dancingpa

 

bee-e-aye-utiful PepRock.

 

I love it.

  • Replies 283
  • Views 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone been able to run the ball on X since the defensive starters returned?

 

Not effectively.....and with the way we DID NOT run against the Cincinnati Xaverians....I am concerned that William may be running for his life all night.

Not effectively.....and with the way we DID NOT run against the Cincinnati Xaverians....I am concerned that William may be running for his life all night.

 

Definatly. We will try to establish a solid running game early in this one.

I'll be in attendance, cheering for the ROCKS!

Nice Defense of your post but I am not buying it!

 

Maybe from Danza or Rockmom but NOT you.

 

Go Tigers

 

Not sure what I did to incite such venom. That, however, is certainly your prerogative.

 

That said, let us hope for an exciting game between the two greatest teams in the land. While you are pulling for the Tigers of St.X and I the Shamrocks of Trinity we can at least agree on that. :thumb:

 

Go Rocks! :ylsuper:

Not effectively.....and with the way we DID NOT run against the Cincinnati Xaverians....I am concerned that William may be running for his life all night.

My thoughts too. In the few games we've lost since Beatty's been here, one constant is that we could not run the ball. X has always seemed to have Trinity's number when it comes to the running game.

 

Nevertheless, stop X on 1st down and you stop X.

 

Ought to be a good, low scoring game.

Has anyone been able to run the ball on X since the defensive starters returned?

 

Yes, but not with any consistancy. Only a play here or a play there.

Nevertheless, stop X on 1st down and you stop X.

 

:thumb: :ylsuper:

27.5 more hours til kickoff!!!!

 

WOOO!!!

 

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

My thoughts too. In the few games we've lost since Beatty's been here, one constant is that we could not run the ball. X has always seemed to have Trinity's number when it comes to the running game.

 

Nevertheless, stop X on 1st down and you stop X.

 

Ought to be a good, low scoring game.

 

Funny you should say that:

 

here's a look:

 

2000 -

 

Highlands - 64 yards, 22 carries, 1 td

Male - 102 yards, 25 carries, 2 td's (most after the game was decided)

 

2001 -

 

St. Xavier - 42 yards, 26 carries, 1 td

 

2003 -

 

MBA - 4 yards, 16 carries 1 td

Cincy X - 144 yards, 32 carries, 1 td

Manual - 52 yards, 21 carries, 1 td

Seneca - 141 yards, 33 carries, 4 td

 

2004 -

 

X - 58 yards, 25 carries, 1 td

Dixie - 140 yards, 48 carries, 1 td

 

2005 -

 

MBA - 181 yards, 25 carries

X - 34 yards, 18 carries (State Championship game: 158 yards, 36 carries, and 1 td)

 

2006 -

 

MBA - 167 yards, 26 carries, 1 td

 

we ran for 71 yards on 5 carries, and 1 td against X last year..

 

2007 -

 

Cincy X - 21 yards, 21 carries, 1 td

 

 

The games where we did indeed rush the ball well, we killed ourselves in turnovers....so the recipe for our success is ball control and about 5 yards per carry....

Any help here X fans?

I have a question. If Redman from Male never adjusts out of his defense and receives criticism, then why the discussion about X changing the defense to match their talents?

I have a question. If Redman from Male never adjusts out of his defense and receives criticism, then why the discussion about X changing the defense to match their talents?

Because X presumably doesn't need to change. According to BuddyBW, they've only allowed Trinity to score 21 points twice in the past 25 years. Hell, Trinity's scored 21 on Male in a quarter. :thumb:

I have a question. If Redman from Male never adjusts out of his defense and receives criticism, then why the discussion about X changing the defense to match their talents?

 

 

Because Male's never works against us anymore. You all seem to know how to slow us down and/or stop us.

After all with our state best 17 titles (since 1968),
For now....:p
Because Male's never works against us anymore. You all seem to know how to slow us down and/or stop us.

 

Exactly...as I have stated numerous times...our offense is a nightmare for Male's defense, it's simply a matchup issue...X has done very well against us....the X defense has to do with that...but so does Coach Cove getting wrapped up in the game....I look for more of what we saw in the 10 minute contest last season.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.