JFK

Who wins the Game?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Game?

• Rocks in Blowout
    • Tigers in a close one
    • Rocks in a close one
    • Tigers in a Blowout

I do appreciate the attention and weight you must give my posts. In order to know my trends, tendencies and patterns to thus make the above comment and consider it accurate, you must be quite the fan of mine. I suppose I should be honored. :banana:

That said...

There is a word that was mentioned in this thread, not sure if you saw it or not. I will spell it out for you in such a way that you can understand S-A-R-C-A-S-M. Which is common within the back and forth banter that occurs between T and X fans regularly here on BGP.

To be specific:

Sarcasm

1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain

2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

Banter

Good-natured and usually witty and animated joking.

I know they cover this better than that at St.X. :thumb:

Where's ol' Ox when you need him? I know he has a sense of humor. :dancingpa

bee-e-aye-utiful PepRock.

I love it.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Defense of your post but I am not buying it!

Maybe from Danza or Rockmom but NOT you.

Go Tigers

Not sure what I did to incite such venom. That, however, is certainly your prerogative.

That said, let us hope for an exciting game between the two greatest teams in the land. While you are pulling for the Tigers of St.X and I the Shamrocks of Trinity we can at least agree on that. :thumb:

Go Rocks! :ylsuper:

Not effectively.....and with the way we DID NOT run against the Cincinnati Xaverians....I am concerned that William may be running for his life all night.

My thoughts too. In the few games we've lost since Beatty's been here, one constant is that we could not run the ball. X has always seemed to have Trinity's number when it comes to the running game.

Nevertheless, stop X on 1st down and you stop X.

Ought to be a good, low scoring game.

My thoughts too. In the few games we've lost since Beatty's been here, one constant is that we could not run the ball. X has always seemed to have Trinity's number when it comes to the running game.

Nevertheless, stop X on 1st down and you stop X.

Ought to be a good, low scoring game.

Funny you should say that:

here's a look:

2000 -

Highlands - 64 yards, 22 carries, 1 td

Male - 102 yards, 25 carries, 2 td's (most after the game was decided)

2001 -

St. Xavier - 42 yards, 26 carries, 1 td

2003 -

MBA - 4 yards, 16 carries 1 td

Cincy X - 144 yards, 32 carries, 1 td

Manual - 52 yards, 21 carries, 1 td

Seneca - 141 yards, 33 carries, 4 td

2004 -

X - 58 yards, 25 carries, 1 td

Dixie - 140 yards, 48 carries, 1 td

2005 -

MBA - 181 yards, 25 carries

X - 34 yards, 18 carries (State Championship game: 158 yards, 36 carries, and 1 td)

2006 -

MBA - 167 yards, 26 carries, 1 td

we ran for 71 yards on 5 carries, and 1 td against X last year..

2007 -

Cincy X - 21 yards, 21 carries, 1 td

The games where we did indeed rush the ball well, we killed ourselves in turnovers....so the recipe for our success is ball control and about 5 yards per carry....

I have a question. If Redman from Male never adjusts out of his defense and receives criticism, then why the discussion about X changing the defense to match their talents?

Because X presumably doesn't need to change. According to BuddyBW, they've only allowed Trinity to score 21 points twice in the past 25 years. Hell, Trinity's scored 21 on Male in a quarter. :thumb:

I have a question. If Redman from Male never adjusts out of his defense and receives criticism, then why the discussion about X changing the defense to match their talents?

Because Male's never works against us anymore. You all seem to know how to slow us down and/or stop us.

Because Male's never works against us anymore. You all seem to know how to slow us down and/or stop us.

Exactly...as I have stated numerous times...our offense is a nightmare for Male's defense, it's simply a matchup issue...X has done very well against us....the X defense has to do with that...but so does Coach Cove getting wrapped up in the game....I look for more of what we saw in the 10 minute contest last season.