Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity vs St. X

Who wins the Game? 148 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the Game?

    • Rocks in Blowout
      9%
    • Tigers in a close one
      43%
    • Rocks in a close one
      44%
    • Tigers in a Blowout
      2%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Before it gets shut down, QUICK...is there a webcast?

  • Replies 283
  • Views 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Before it gets shut down, QUICK...is there a webcast?

 

Ha. :cool:

Before it gets shut down, QUICK...is there a webcast?

 

I beleive both schools have a webcast available from their respective websites. I know St. X does at http://www.saintx.com.

Groups of young men from two great schools will battle tonight in front of 30,000 plus fans. Regardless of outcome, the players, parents and alumni can already take pride in the hard work and dedication these players have put in...countless hours in the weight room, running hills, practicing in brutal heat and keeping up with a tough academic curriculum. I admire the student athletes from both schools and hope for an exciting injury free game. GO Tigers!

Apparently RunFirst didn't read your post. I'd hate to see this thread have to be closed on game day. :irked:

 

 

Sorry, I started at the top and worked down. :thumb:

Frakes has Trinity as his number one team in the state and X is third. Not sure why he'd pick T to lose if they're his #1 team.

 

He said on TV that he thought X was more battle tested right now...that it would take Trinity until later to hit on all cylinders...

Maybe someone can confirm about X's if it is open to the public. My son is speaking at it and I would love to go but I thought it is for students only.

 

I thought they both were open to the public....I always go to ours...

For any team to sweep its rival in a sport is a major accomplishment and is the result of a lot of hard work. Most people have no idea about what the broom represents. After the game, I would anticipate that very few, less than 2% of those in attendance, see a team celebrating with a broom etc.. This is due in part to the cahas on the field with both teams. I would also anticipate that if the CJ had not published the photo a few years ago, We would not be talking about this now..... I think it is perfectly normal and a good thing for EITHER team to do this. Given that it is a rare occurance and that it is a significant accomplishment. Kinda like the keg of nales.... Its something you play for.... If Im a player and it builds comradrie among my fellow players, as well as, creating great memories, then Im in favor of it. Again, fair for both sides......

 

1) With who you are debating...regardless of the newspaper we would be discussing this....

 

2) The broom shows a slight lack of respect, no way around it.

 

3) they don't play for a broom, they play for the Shillegleh (sp?)

Speaking of taunting..... I do not believe that the broom represents "taunting". Watching the Rocks take the field tonight, as they run out as a team before the game, you will see several players "taunting" the St. X side of the field. They have done it before and will continue to do it. No big deal, just watch for it....... you will see it.....

 

Then watch X take the field..... There is a difference.

 

Ill stand by my post. Its 11:55 am........ Just watch tonight....

In actuality the "new kicker/punter" has not been the issue for this X special team. Wyatt Gray has done a fantastic job all season. He's been the punter since the start of the season. The real issue here is the long snapper. I could be wrong, but I believe X has used 3 different guys in five games at this position. If we get this issue resolved it's a different story.

It was DJ last week...i would look for that again....side note...using a tremendous athlete like DJ is huge in that once he snaps he can get down field in a hurry and make a play...very big, IMO.

Does anyone know if the alumni golf event was held this year?

It was DJ last week...i would look for that again....side note...using a tremendous athlete like DJ is huge in that once he snaps he can get down field in a hurry and make a play...very big, IMO.

 

Correct! The center usually gets down field very quickly on punts any way. Put DJ in the role, and the opponent should have 0 punt return yards.

Are their Offenses different? Yes, obviously, St. X is predominently a run offense and Trinity is predominently a pass offense.

This is something I want to dis-spell....With the exception of Brian Brohm's senior year, we are a VERY, VERY balanced attack, almost in equal in rushing -vs- passing attempts...

 

2000 - 484 rushing, 369 passing

2001 - 432 rushing, 236 passing

2002 - 438 rushing, 354 passing

2003 - 404 rushing, 478 passing

2004 - 387 rushing, 301 passing

2005 - 418 rushing, 344 passing

2006 - 419 rushing, 292 passing

2007 - 107 rushing, 131 passing

 

If you take into accounts the blowouts and running the clock with run plays...it is a very balanced statistic...

The KHSAA scoreboard doesn't give points off turnovers nor fumble and fumble recoveries, that I could find. The only stat I could find indicated that St. X has 0 interceptions and Trinity has 3 as of September 21. From my old, feeble and yes Tiger biased memory, I recall not very many total turnovers in St. X's five games and several in Trinity's four games.

I don't know about X's turnovers....I know they had 1 or 2 against Ballard...

 

Trinity has lost 4 fumbles and 3 interceptions. The int's all came in the Cincy St. Xavier game...Trinity lost 1 fumble to Bowling Green, 1 to Butler, and 2 to Cincy X.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.