Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity vs St. X

Who wins the Game? 148 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the Game?

    • Rocks in Blowout
      9%
    • Tigers in a close one
      43%
    • Rocks in a close one
      44%
    • Tigers in a Blowout
      2%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I hope the Saint Xavier coaches have more control over their players should the varsity Tigers win tonight. The last time Saint Xavier pulled the regular season sweep, I thought allowing the players to run around the field with brooms was done in very bad taste. This rivalry should be above those types of childish antics. They should celebrate, but do it with class.

 

Hopefully this will not be an issue tonight. :D

 

For any team to sweep its rival in a sport is a major accomplishment and is the result of a lot of hard work. Most people have no idea about what the broom represents. After the game, I would anticipate that very few, less than 2% of those in attendance, see a team celebrating with a broom etc.. This is due in part to the cahas on the field with both teams. I would also anticipate that if the CJ had not published the photo a few years ago, We would not be talking about this now..... I think it is perfectly normal and a good thing for EITHER team to do this. Given that it is a rare occurance and that it is a significant accomplishment. Kinda like the keg of nales.... Its something you play for.... If Im a player and it builds comradrie among my fellow players, as well as, creating great memories, then Im in favor of it. Again, fair for both sides......

  • Replies 283
  • Views 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats to the soccer team while we're talking rivalry. Hopefully they'll be able to finish the season undefeated. Nice crowd for the game too.

I hope the Saint Xavier coaches have more control over their players should the varsity Tigers win tonight. The last time Saint Xavier pulled the regular season sweep, I thought allowing the players to run around the field with brooms was done in very bad taste. This rivalry should be above those types of childish antics. They should celebrate, but do it with class.

 

Hopefully this will not be an issue tonight. :D

 

Your just jealous cause you guys didn't think of it first! :eek:

After reading the C-J, I think Trinity has a big advantage in Special Teams play. X breaking in a new kicker/punter. Hope all is well with the old one. Best of luck to him. Will T rush the new guy? I would think so with a few mishaps from last weeks X gmae.:bunny:

 

In actuality the "new kicker/punter" has not been the issue for this X special team. Wyatt Gray has done a fantastic job all season. He's been the punter since the start of the season. The real issue here is the long snapper. I could be wrong, but I believe X has used 3 different guys in five games at this position. If we get this issue resolved it's a different story.

^ I will be at Trinity's...

Maybe someone can confirm about X's if it is open to the public. My son is speaking at it and I would love to go but I thought it is for students only.

Maybe someone can confirm about X's if it is open to the public. My son is speaking at it and I would love to go but I thought it is for students only.

I don't think it's open to the public. But, in view of your son speaking, I'm sure you could call the office and get permission to attend.

In actuality the "new kicker/punter" has not been the issue for this X special team. Wyatt Gray has done a fantastic job all season. He's been the punter since the start of the season. The real issue here is the long snapper. I could be wrong, but I believe X has used 3 different guys in five games at this position. If we get this issue resolved it's a different story.

 

 

 

Got it, thanks for the post.

I hope the Saint Xavier coaches have more control over their players should the varsity Tigers win tonight. The last time Saint Xavier pulled the regular season sweep, I thought allowing the players to run around the field with brooms was done in very bad taste. This rivalry should be above those types of childish antics. They should celebrate, but do it with class.

 

Hopefully this will not be an issue tonight. :D

 

I was raised and coached to win or lose with class and it is the same principle that I have tried to instill in my children. The brooms were a bit much IMO but it was also kids being kids and rolled over from the student section. If you don't think the student sections from every school get rowdy and take it to extreme in their enthusiasm-just watch Friday night flights on the news each Friday. Personally, I think the behavior is ridiculous-but rarely would I label it classless. But, as usual, a silly act by a few teenagers is utilized to take a shot at the X coaching staff.:rolleyes:

 

Classless is when a player stands at midfield taunting the opposing crowd (including vulgar gestures) instead of celebrating with teammates after his teams victory which is what I witnessed front my front row seat after the State Championship game in 05. The young man was physically pulled back at one point by an adult (presumably a coach) and then went to the other side of the crowd of players and started his act again. When the same adult, corralled the player again, it finally stopped and he went with his teammates. Should the T coaching staff be held accountable for one player's immature actions? Bottom line is one or two players who veer away from the discipline the coaches attempt to instill is not a reflection of the program or the staff. I am confident that the coaches from both of these school's do not condone this type of behavior, but they cannot monitor all of the actions of over 100 teenagers all of the time. Class and dignity flows downstream from parenting and coaches are just a supplement of assistance in building it.

I attended the one last year. I more or less just walked in the gym after the students did and stood by the teachers.

This game is too close to call. Both teams match up very well. Are their Offenses different? Yes, obviously, St. X is predominently a run offense and Trinity is predominently a pass offense. The Defenses for both St. X and Trinity are strong and fast to the ball. This game will be a low scoring defensive battle that will come down to ball security. The team that makes the fewest turnovers, wins.

 

The KHSAA scoreboard doesn't give points off turnovers nor fumble and fumble recoveries, that I could find. The only stat I could find indicated that St. X has 0 interceptions and Trinity has 3 as of September 21. From my old, feeble and yes Tiger biased memory, I recall not very many total turnovers in St. X's five games and several in Trinity's four games.

 

IMHO, this gives the edge to St. X.

B-Cat Prediction:

St. X - 20

Trinity - 17

:thumb:GO TIGERS! :thumb:

My goodness, I anticipated Saint Xavier fans agreeing with me that allowing a broom to be used as a vehicle for taunting would be wrong and below the level Coach Glaser and his staff aim to achieve. So you really think allowing Saint Xavier players to taunt Trinity players on the field is acceptable? OK, I guess I have a different point of view. Have a great time at the game.

I agree the brooms might have been a little much and we all know Trinity coaches have total control over all players. :rolleyes:

 

They are all just kids give them a break, both sides included.

 

Go Tigers

 

I would hope that if any coach sees this happening, they would take immediate actions to stop the taunting.

It's time to return to discussing the game, and exhibit a tiny bit of the class we expect our students to exhibit. Thowing the misdeeds of each side back into each other's faces doesn't do that, nor does it do our schools' mission statements justice.

Most people have no idea about what the broom represents.
I agree with you. I had no idea the broom was special to the Saint Xavier high school.

 

After the game, I would anticipate that very few, less than 2% of those in attendance, see a team celebrating with a broom etc..

Just a point of clarification...All the Trinity players, coaches and most of the fans that stuck around to witness the drubbing saw the players sweeping the turf in a taunting fashion at the Trinity players.

 

This is due in part to the cahas on the field with both teams. I would also anticipate that if the CJ had not published the photo a few years ago, We would not be talking about this now.....

Actually, if the players did not taunt the Trinity players with the broom after the game, we would not be discussing it.

 

I think it is perfectly normal and a good thing for EITHER team to do this.

I strongly disagree, and that's OK.

 

Kinda like the keg of nales.... Its something you play for....
Trinity and Saint Xavier do not play for a broom to use in a taunting fashion after the game.

 

If Im a player and it builds comradrie among my fellow players, as well as, creating great memories, then Im in favor of it. Again, fair for both sides......
IMO, the memories and camaraderie building should not be created by taunting the opposing team.

 

 

Have fun tonight. Good luck to both teams! :thumb:

It's time to return to discussing the game, and exhibit a tiny bit of the class we expect our students to exhibit. Thowing the misdeeds of each side back into each other's faces doesn't do that, nor does it do our schools' mission statements justice.
Apparently RunFirst didn't read your post. I'd hate to see this thread have to be closed on game day. :irked:
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.