• Rocks in a close one
    • Tigers in a Blowout

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean a Trinity and St.X matter. :D

Let us settle this as gentlemen should: Alphabetical order! :D

On a more specific matter-X had terrible problems long snapping on punts last week against Manual. Will those problems be rectified by Friday? Thoughts?

Everyone knows s comes before t.

Let us settle this as gentlemen should: Alphabetical order! :D

Well the premier football power in Kentucky deserves topbilling of course. After all with our state best 17 titles (since 1968), state record 50 game winning streak along with the distinction of a top 4 finish in 2002, participating in quite possibly the best football game ever played in KY in our 59-56 victory over Male in 2002, being the only KY school to ever defeat an Ohio DI champ (by 24 points) the same year they won their title...oh and taking out an unbeaten St.X team 14-6 in the 2005 title game after being embarrassed by them 48-16 in the regular season; you'd think we'd earned it by now. Just wanting to give credit where credit is due. :D

Well the premier football power in Kentucky deserves topbilling of course. After all with our state best 17 titles (since 1968), state record 50 game winning streak along with the distinction of a top 4 finish in 2002, participating in quite possibly the best football game ever played in KY in our 59-56 victory over Male in 2002, being the only KY school to ever defeat an Ohio DI champ (by 24 points) the same year they won their title...oh and taking out an unbeaten St.X team 14-6 in the 2005 title game after being embarrassed by them 48-16 in the regular season; you'd think we'd earned it by now. Just wanting to give credit where credit is due. :D

Everyone has been so nice so far with very little bragging and so on. Nice/typical of you to get it started.

Go Tigers

Everyone has been so nice so far with very little bragging and so on. Nice/typical of you to get it started.

Go Tigers

I do appreciate the attention and weight you must give my posts. In order to know my trends, tendencies and patterns to thus make the above comment and consider it accurate, you must be quite the fan of mine. I suppose I should be honored. :banana:

That said...

There is a word that was mentioned in this thread, not sure if you saw it or not. I will spell it out for you in such a way that you can understand S-A-R-C-A-S-M. Which is common within the back and forth banter that occurs between T and X fans regularly here on BGP.

To be specific:

Sarcasm

1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain

2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

Banter

Good-natured and usually witty and animated joking.

I know they cover this better than that at St.X. :thumb:

Where's ol' Ox when you need him? I know he has a sense of humor. :dancingpa

What are the odds that one team blows out the other by 30+?

Based on history....they would blow us out more than us to them....If things are going way, way, way bad for us...we will throw it all over the place to come back...that sometimes could lead to blowouts....X, on the other hand, tends to really, really, try to play ball control and run that clock out, keeping the score as close as possible.

I do appreciate the attention and weight you must give my posts. In order to know my trends, tendencies and patterns to thus make the above comment and consider it accurate, you must be quite the fan of mine. I suppose I should be honored. :banana:

That said...

There is a word that was mentioned in this thread, not sure if you saw it or not. I will spell it out for you in such a way that you can understand S-A-R-C-A-S-M. Which is common within the back and forth banter that occurs between T and X fans regularly here on BGP.

To be specific:

Sarcasm

1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain

2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

Banter

Good-natured and usually witty and animated joking.

I know they cover this better than that at St.X. :thumb:

Where's ol' Ox when you need him? I know he has a sense of humor. :dancingpa

Nice Defense of your post but I am not buying it!

Maybe from Danza or Rockmom but NOT you.

Go Tigers