Frankfort 84 Bracken County 0

nWo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bracken should be playing JV ball. They are not ready to play varsity yet. As for the game. FHS offense scored 21 points in the first quarter. The defense scored 28 points. FHS started subbing in the 2nd quarter. No passes where thrown after the second play. The second quarter the offense scored 2 other td's while the defense scored another one. The freshman team played the second half. Bracken fold the tent after the second td.

It's hard to try and not score when the other team keeps fumbling the ball. You can't tell your kids not to pick it up and run.

I hate it for the kids at Bracken co. Bracken should think about lining up under center. The had 4-5 fumbles because of bad snaps.

Have said this over and over on this board and gotten slammed for being negative to Bracken County that they need to go JV for at least 3-4 years. Do not believe any on their team plays or has ever played another sport and only football for a few years. They have not had athletes on the team since the first year that they went district. The KHSAA has put them in the only district possible that they could ever imagine to win at least 1 game in. The AD or whoever makes the decisions needs to get them in JV for the next 3 years or risk losing the entire program to soccer(if that decision hasn't already been made). Am not being negative to BC, just the facts. Really want to see them succeed, but things don't even look that good in the long term unless they go independent or JV. Football is football JV or otherwise if the kids that go out at least get to compete and not get pummeled as they have over the last 3 years. If you can't even snap the ball after a summer of 2 a days, the coaching staff needs to look at thereself also. Injuries are a part of the game and should never be an excuse

you don't have to tell them to stop playing, but you can make plays and let it be known not to score, I know that sounds awful for a coach to do that, but sometimes you just have to show leniency.

Maybe you don't understand that 80 points was lenient. It sounds to me as though Frankfort could have scored MUCH more than that.

Not making excuses for Bracken County, but here is a little insight into this game. Starting QB/ Strong Safety - out injury, Starting FB/Middle LB -out injury, Starting Long Snapper/DE - out injury, Other Starting DE - not at game, Starting TB, Corner, Punter- only played part of 1st quarter do to injury, Starting Center - injured during 1st quarter, Starting Tackle- did not travel do to family reasons, back up QB, starting safety- taken to hospital for potential head injury during halftime.

No these aren't excuses they are facts. As far as playing JV these were freshman and a few sophmores and Juniors playing by the middle of the first quarter.

Frankfort was by no means trying to run up the score. As a coach you can not tell a kid who is getting their first chance to play under the lights not to score. Frankfort was a class act and wish them luck this season.

Not making excuses for Bracken County, but here is a little insight into this game. Starting QB/ Strong Safety - out injury, Starting FB/Middle LB -out injury, Starting Long Snapper/DE - out injury, Other Starting DE - not at game, Starting TB, Corner, Punter- only played part of 1st quarter do to injury, Starting Center - injured during 1st quarter, Starting Tackle- did not travel do to family reasons, back up QB, starting safety- taken to hospital for potential head injury during halftime.

No these aren't excuses they are facts. As far as playing JV these were freshman and a few sophmores and Juniors playing by the middle of the first quarter.

Frankfort was by no means trying to run up the score. As a coach you can not tell a kid who is getting their first chance to play under the lights not to score. Frankfort was a class act and wish them luck this season.

This just raises more questions about a school with low numbers to begin with sustaining injuries. Where do you go from here? This is an extreme amount of injuries. Are the players properly being conditioned in practice,etc.? Is proper blocking and tackling techniques being instilled? I really just hope that the administration takes all of this into account for the coming seasons about playing JV ball and basically starting from scratch again. 3 years of this can really get a community down on the best sport that there is, don't want to see that happen with all that Bracken has put in.

Smells like somebody tried to run up the score. I understand that the kids that are playing want to do the best they can and have fun, but at some point you half to draw the line I would think, and just keep running the ball up the middle or something.

You have evidently ignored the previous posts on this, including some from Bracken Co fans. I love how you are prepared for your argument with your "or something" idea.

This just raises more questions about a school with low numbers to begin with sustaining injuries. Where do you go from here? This is an extreme amount of injuries. Are the players properly being conditioned in practice,etc.? Is proper blocking and tackling techniques being instilled? I really just hope that the administration takes all of this into account for the coming seasons about playing JV ball and basically starting from scratch again. 3 years of this can really get a community down on the best sport that there is, don't want to see that happen with all that Bracken has put in.

This issue was debated here in past years. IMO it has nothing to do with conditioning etc. It does have to do with 135 pound Sophs and Frosh getting plowed by 250 pound players all night long becaue the roster is so depleted to begin with. Seems every year Bracken Co has less than 20 players for some games and three or four of them are in casts or heavy braces. Kudos to the kids that carry on, but I would like the KHSAA to set some sort of minimum roster size of healthy kids.