Frankfort 84 Bracken County 0

nWo

This issue was debated here in past years. IMO it has nothing to do with conditioning etc. It does have to do with 135 pound Sophs and Frosh getting plowed by 250 pound players all night long becaue the roster is so depleted to begin with. Seems every year Bracken Co has less than 20 players for some games and three or four of them are in casts or heavy braces. Kudos to the kids that carry on, but I would like the KHSAA to set some sort of minimum roster size of healthy kids.

Can the KHSAA step in and make a school that year in and year out doesn't have the numbers go to a JV schedule until they get back on their feet when the administration keeps throwing these kids to the wolves as is Bracken's case?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Frankfort staff ever take any responsibility for losses? If head coach had followed thru w/ team wearing practice jerseys, what was he going to make the coaching staff wear?

Coaching staff takes responsibility for every loss. It was motivation. It worked, practice went well all week. If they had wore the practice gear the coaches would have been slammed. Like in previous thread. BTW the coaches would have wore there practice gear as well. Last coaching meeting I was in at Frankfort, Coach Foley really got after his coaches. So don't worry about the coaches being held accounable. They hold each other accountable daily.:thumb:

The coaching staff at Frankfort feels bad that the out come of Fridays game played out the way it did. But as a coaches we owe it to our kids to let the play hard. All kids played. We will not ask our kids not to play hard. Nor would we ever expect another coach to ask his team not to play hard. I respect every kid and coach at Bracken Co. That shows up daily and tries to build a program. I wish them the best of luck.

Brackens biggest problem is mainly in-experience. Before Coach Faust arrived there were less than 20 players playing varsity now they have 40 on their roster. Looks like more inexperience than anything. As far as athletes on this team what I seen is they do have a few. One of their QBS the Purcell kid, Mathew Purcell is a good size kid thats a freshman that has a nice arm. Codie Breeze is their Junior running back who is very quick and looks to be a very nice punter.(He get a lot of practice) The Scott kid Senior QB is a nice player also and plays SS (Unless they didnt chang These guys are athletes for sure for Bracken. It takes time everyone that has been involved with football or/or a new program would understand that. Bracken struggles in all sports from what I have seen, are they considering going independent in basketball and baseball also or are those two sports doing well at Bracken.

Brackens biggest problem is mainly in-experience. Before Coach Faust arrived there were less than 20 players playing varsity now they have 40 on their roster. Looks like more inexperience than anything. As far as athletes on this team what I seen is they do have a few. One of their QBS the Purcell kid, Mathew Purcell is a good size kid thats a freshman that has a nice arm. Codie Breeze is their Junior running back who is very quick and looks to be a very nice punter.(He get a lot of practice) The Scott kid Senior QB is a nice player also and plays SS (Unless they didnt chang These guys are athletes for sure for Bracken. It takes time everyone that has been involved with football or/or a new program would understand that. Bracken struggles in all sports from what I have seen, are they considering going independent in basketball and baseball also or are those two sports doing well at Bracken.

I guess we disagree on 'athletes'. I consider athletes to be those that play and have played team basketball,baseball, soccer,track and field,etc. all through middle school and high school and continue to do so. And also, this isn't a new program, it is in it's 6th or 7th season(counting when JV was started). The only sport that has done well at Bracken over the last five years has been girls volleyball and girls softball

The coaching staff at Frankfort feels bad that the out come of Fridays game played out the way it did. But as a coaches we owe it to our kids to let the play hard. All kids played. We will not ask our kids not to play hard. Nor would we ever expect another coach to ask his team not to play hard. I respect every kid and coach at Bracken Co. That shows up daily and tries to build a program. I wish them the best of luck.

There is nothing to feel bad about, Coach. The other team chooses to play football, and if they do, they need to be prepared for the competition. It will actually work to your team's DISADVANTAGE were they not to play hard. Certainly you take your starters out when you did if for no other reason than to avoid injury, but I would not have even objected to your freshmen team throwing a few passes if those plays are part of your base offense. The onus is on Bracken, not on you. We are not out here to make kids feel good about themselves, or to make sure their feelings don't get hurt. I think anyone on here who is honest with themselves knows that.

There is nothing to feel bad about, Coach. The other team chooses to play football, and if they do, they need to be prepared for the competition. It will actually work to your team's DISADVANTAGE were they not to play hard. Certainly you take your starters out when you did if for no other reason than to avoid injury, but I would not have even objected to your freshmen team throwing a few passes if those plays are part of your base offense. The onus is on Bracken, not on you. We are not out here to make kids feel good about themselves, or to make sure their feelings don't get hurt. I think anyone on here who is honest with themselves knows that.

What he said!!!!!! :thumb:

I guess we disagree on 'athletes'. I consider athletes to be those that play and have played team basketball,baseball, soccer,track and field,etc. all through middle school and high school and continue to do so. And also, this isn't a new program, it is in it's 6th or 7th season(counting when JV was started). The only sport that has done well at Bracken over the last five years has been girls volleyball and girls softball

Several of Bracken's players do play other sports including track, tennis and baseball. Several have quit playing basketball for various reasons. Yes All-IN this isn't a new program according to years, however it is a new program when you look at issues like facilities, weight program, conditioning program, #'s, and age of players. This past off season was really the first organized weight program. Prior to this year the weight equipment was basically non existant. Before Coach Faust and the new coaching staff, who have only been here for 1 year, there would be a total of about 12 guys on the entire team Fresh thru Senior, now there are between 35-40. This is actually only the second year of bringing back a real middle school program. Which both the 5&6, and 7&8 grade teams have about 35-40 players each, and are developing a culture of winning. And to make you happy All-In, if you look at there players, and then look at the basketball court, they have almost all the starting middle school basketball players playing football.

Several of Bracken's players do play other sports including track, tennis and baseball. Several have quit playing basketball for various reasons. Yes All-IN this isn't a new program according to years, however it is a new program when you look at issues like facilities, weight program, conditioning program, #'s, and age of players. This past off season was really the first organized weight program. Prior to this year the weight equipment was basically non existant. Before Coach Faust and the new coaching staff, who have only been here for 1 year, there would be a total of about 12 guys on the entire team Fresh thru Senior, now there are between 35-40. This is actually only the second year of bringing back a real middle school program. Which both the 5&6, and 7&8 grade teams have about 35-40 players each, and are developing a culture of winning. And to make you happy All-In, if you look at there players, and then look at the basketball court, they have almost all the starting middle school basketball players playing football.

Thanks for coming on board sticks. You obviously know quite a bit about Bracken County sports. Didn't know Bracken had track and tennis by the way. Hopefully three years of losing games like 84-0 won't discourage those middle school young men from continuing. Do you have a reason for all of the continuing injuires from year to year? Is it conditioning, practice, the schedule? Look forward to your opinion.

Thanks for coming on board sticks. You obviously know quite a bit about Bracken County sports. Didn't know Bracken had track and tennis by the way. Hopefully three years of losing games like 84-0 won't discourage those middle school young men from continuing. Do you have a reason for all of the continuing injuires from year to year? Is it conditioning, practice, the schedule? Look forward to your opinion.

I dont think Sticks is a DR. (could be wrong but I doubt it) so I am not sure he will be able to give you a good answer for this one All In. What kind of question is this anyway? Could anyone really answer this question realistically on BGP that is not directly involved in the Bracken football program? Here is the best answer A kid was playing football and he got hurt. Thats it. No crazy theories or non educated answers thats what happened welcome to football. Dont mean to step on your toes Sticks I am with you more than you know.:thumb: