Griffey Injured

CJTank74

Jr. strained his lower abdomen while attempting to make a throw. He almost made it through the entire season. I'm not sure how long he's out, but I'm guessing for rest of the season. What are your thoughts.

My thoughts are he's done for the year, and that I'm very surprised that he played in as many games as he did this year.

Did he strain it while making the throw, or fielding the ball? It looked like the ball took a weird bounce to his left, and when he reacted, he just looked awkward. That's when I thought he hurt it, not when trying to throw it.
Looked to me, like he tweaked it swinging at the plate and then, when he planted to throw the pain was obvious.

Has there been any announcement this morning, regarding the injury?

Well, I guess I'll be the one to say it. I'd be tickled if he were done here in Cincinnati. IMO, we will never win with him here. He's proven over the years that he's not a leader in the clubhouse, which is one thing that the Reds sorely lack. When he's been on playoff teams in the past, he was just allowed to be the "kid" because there were leaders like Edgar, Bone, and others on the Mariners. Since he's been here, aside from the time off due to injury, there really hasn't been a locker room presence other than Larkin. I hope for the Reds sake financially and otherwise he's somewhere else next season, I hope that by some fluke that someone makes him an offer he can't refuse and we're willing to take. His numbers, although solid, are no better than our 2nd baseman and that's with a full season of health nearly. But alas, we'll see Jr. again, publicize his 600th like nobody's business, and finish 6 games under .500. I wish we could put the Jr. years behind us. At least that's the view I have, and I'm sure I'll get lambasted over it, have at it boys!

Well, I guess I'll be the one to say it. I'd be tickled if he were done here in Cincinnati. IMO, we will never win with him here. He's proven over the years that he's not a leader in the clubhouse, which is one thing that the Reds sorely lack. When he's been on playoff teams in the past, he was just allowed to be the "kid" because there were leaders like Edgar, Bone, and others on the Mariners. Since he's been here, aside from the time off due to injury, there really hasn't been a locker room presence other than Larkin. I hope for the Reds sake financially and otherwise he's somewhere else next season, I hope that by some fluke that someone makes him an offer he can't refuse and we're willing to take. His numbers, although solid, are no better than our 2nd baseman and that's with a full season of health nearly. But alas, we'll see Jr. again, publicize his 600th like nobody's business, and finish 6 games under .500. I wish we could put the Jr. years behind us. At least that's the view I have, and I'm sure I'll get lambasted over it, have at it boys!
Griffey brings in fans, increases attendance and will pursue some milestone HR marks, which will help the bottom line revenue.

Having Jr, is not the reason the Reds are woeful....Pitching. Griffey is only one portion of the puzzle and he's had a very productive year. Other pieces are missing and the puzzle, is quite perplexing.

Griffey brings in fans, increases attendance and will pursue some milestone HR marks, which will help the bottom line revenue.

Having Jr, is not the reason the Reds are woeful....Pitching. Griffey is only one portion of the puzzle and he's had a very productive year. Other pieces are missing and the puzzle, is quite perplexing.

Can't disagree with anything you said, and if management's goal is to put butts in seats, he's done that. However, if your goal is to win, I think his departure, and subsequent cash flow would be welcome IMO.