Griffey Injured

CJTank74

Can't disagree with anything you said, and if management's goal is to put butts in seats, he's done that. However, if your goal is to win, I think his departure, and subsequent cash flow would be welcome IMO.
There in lies, the problem with the Reds. Cash is tied up in several and the return, is not going to be worth it.

The tradeable or marketable players, would drastically reduce the offensive numbers and production, if they were traded for pitching. Do you keep them and work on acquiring pitching or do you move them and try to fill their void....not an easy decision by Krvisky and ownership, at all.

GT....I spit out my coffee.

:lol:

Well, I guess I'll be the one to say it. I'd be tickled if he were done here in Cincinnati. IMO, we will never win with him here. He's proven over the years that he's not a leader in the clubhouse, which is one thing that the Reds sorely lack. When he's been on playoff teams in the past, he was just allowed to be the "kid" because there were leaders like Edgar, Bone, and others on the Mariners. Since he's been here, aside from the time off due to injury, there really hasn't been a locker room presence other than Larkin. I hope for the Reds sake financially and otherwise he's somewhere else next season, I hope that by some fluke that someone makes him an offer he can't refuse and we're willing to take. His numbers, although solid, are no better than our 2nd baseman and that's with a full season of health nearly. But alas, we'll see Jr. again, publicize his 600th like nobody's business, and finish 6 games under .500. I wish we could put the Jr. years behind us. At least that's the view I have, and I'm sure I'll get lambasted over it, have at it boys!

I think its important to realize that this has by far been Griffeys best year over the last six or seven, although he slowed down a little after the break.

Shut him down for the year. He is not going to get 600 THIS year anyway. If you can get some good valuable pitching in the offseason for him, do it! Maybe the Padres would give up some of their abundance of pitching for some offense. Or trade him to the Dodgers for Johnathon Broxton. Young flamethrower and had been great this year. Closer of the future if we get him, maybe even next year.