Diogenes

Who wins?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does Glaser want this win more than any other on the schedule? This is very interesting. Please share your deep understanding.

I'm not sure I can, within the rules of BGP, get into the specifics. #1, they are now probably our biggest district rival for playoff seeding purposes. #'s2-10, let's just say there is no love lost between the programs over players choosing one school over the other.

Anyone have a score and/or summary of the Tigers/Crimson JV game? Freshmen game is Thursday at X, this could prove to be the Tigers toughest in-state opponent of the year(No offense intended Rock fans, just looking at results thus far).

St.X JV-27 rams- 0 ( the X frosh will be ready)

Anyone have a score and/or summary of the Tigers/Crimson JV game? Freshmen game is Thursday at X, this could prove to be the Tigers toughest in-state opponent of the year(No offense intended Rock fans, just looking at results thus far).

Hmm... you might find some people disagree with you about this being St.X's toughest opponent this year. I would check the competition of the teams Trinity, Manual and St. X has played before I make a conclusion like that.

Hmm... you might find some people disagree with you about this being St.X's toughest opponent this year. I would check the competition of the teams Trinity, Manual and St. X has played before I make a conclusion like that.

You do know he is talking about the freshmen right?

You do know he is talking about the freshmen right?

No I sure didn't Xtiger, I thought he was talking about the varsity. I might agree about the freshman then. I haven't really heard much about the any of the freshman teams, but I think Trinity already has a loss to Bowling Green. St.X has done well, what has Manual's freshman done so far?

Contender vs. Pretender. Manual coaches again make the difference. St. X- 42 Manual-13

Please tell me the difference between X coaches and Manual Coaches? If you played at Manual and are on this board, You can agree with me on this!

Manual's coaches are some of the best prepared coaches I have ever been around. They care about their kids and they know football. I may be impartial because I played there, but I am telling you, they really know what they are doing. Its not about being outcoached. A lot of time it is talent levels. The talent is there for them to win, its about execution, a coach can't go out there and play for them. So don't sit here and say its the coaching believe me its not, its all about execution.

Another similarity im sure between Manual and X Coaches:

The main goal of a coach is to foster development and grow men in your program, correct? Do you think its different at X than it is at Manual. Manual kids who play football have been known to do some great things because of coaching they received and because they are kids who want to play. They play hard for the coaches because they trust them and that relationship is there and its built not using any type of program, but because they are good people. Doesn't the same thing go on at X?

Some of you people get on here and complain Nichols this, Nichols that and how he compares to glaser this and glaser that, well its more than just one person in the program there are other coaches there too who are coaching. Both schools have excellent coaches lets just get that out there right now. Its about execution!

I will hold my opinions on St. X's coaches until I spend time with them and can make a judgement from my personal belief and what I see. I can tell you that Manual's coaches are some of the brightest minds around here. Some of you don't realize just what it takes to be a coach at either school.

No I sure didn't Xtiger, I thought he was talking about the varsity. I might agree about the freshman then. I haven't really heard much about the any of the freshman teams, but I think Trinity already has a loss to Bowling Green. St.X has done well, what has Manual's freshman done so far?

Yes, I was talking freshmen. I think Trinity has lost 2 really close games to Boyle County and Lex Cath, a loss by a couple TD's to an outstanding Moeller freshmen team and defeated Butler easily. I believe Trinity's freshman would probably be undefeated in Kentucky were it not for problems in making extra points against Boyle and Lex Cath. The Rocks may also have been hampered by some key injuries. Trust me, I know the Rocks freshmen will give us everything we want and then some when we play. But at this point in the season, Manual's freshmen are undefeated (I heard). I don't know who they've played other than John Hardin. I saw the second half of that game, looked like they had good size and skill, execution not great but that's to be expected for a first game and a lot of kids playing new positions.

Please tell me the difference between X coaches and Manual Coaches? If you played at maunal and are on this board, You can agree with me on this!

Manual's coaches are some of the best prepared coaches I have ever been around. They care about their kids and they know football. I may be impartial because I played there, but I am telling you, they really know what they are doing. Its not about being outcoached. A lot of time it is talent levels. The talent is there for them to win, its about execution, a coach can't go out there and play for them. So don't sit here and say its the coaching believe me its not, its all about execution.

Another similarity im sure between Manual and X Coaches:

The main goal of a coach is to foster development and grow men in your program, correct? Do you think its different at X than it is at Manual. Manual kids who play football have been known to do some great things because of coaching they received and because they are kids who want to play. They play hard for the coaches because they trust them and that relationship is there and its built not using any type of program, but because they are good people. Doesn't the same thing go on at X?

Some of you people get on here and complain Nichols this, Nichols that and how he compares to glaser this and glaser that, well its more than just one person in the program there are other coaches there too who are coaching. Both schools have excellent coaches lets just get that out there right now. Its about execution!

I will hold my opinions on St. X's coaches until I spend time with them and can make a judgement from my personal belief and what I see. I can tell you that Manual's coaches are some of the brightest minds around here. Some of you don't realize just what it takes to be a coach at either school.

To start with, how can you claim to be "impartial" towards the Manual coaches when you admit you played and graduated there?:D (I know, typo..)

My sense as an X fan, is not that Manual's coaches didn't work hard or care about their players on and off the field but that they, maybe just one coach, have made critical strategic mistakes in big games against the likes of X and Trinity. I don't recall all the specifics now, but I do recall a fairly recent game against Trinity in which they had a 2 score lead late in the second half, deep into the 4th quarter, and on a couple possessions took virtually no time off the clock by calling several pass plays that resulted in incompletes. Trinity escaped with a win by scoring 2 late TD's. Manual had effectively run the ball, it wasn't as if they to throw the ball in order to have any chance to get a first down. That's one recent example I recall. I'm sure others will chime in.

Well, I really do not wish to criticize the Rams coach. We should bear in mind, X and T fans, that our coaches have the luxury of picking and choosing from an enrollment of over 1500 boys. Manual has a student body of 1780, of which about 885 are boys. Overall, given what he has, Nichols does a good job, IMHO.

To start with, how can you claim to be "impartial" towards the Manual coaches when you admit you played and graduated there?:D (I know, typo..)

My sense as an X fan, is not that Manual's coaches didn't work hard or care about their players on and off the field but that they, maybe just one coach, have made critical strategic mistakes in big games against the likes of X and Trinity. I don't recall all the specifics now, but I do recall a fairly recent game against Trinity in which they had a 2 score lead late in the second half, deep into the 4th quarter, and on a couple possessions took virtually no time off the clock by calling several pass plays that resulted in incompletes. Trinity escaped with a win by scoring 2 late TD's. Manual had effectively run the ball, it wasn't as if they to throw the ball in order to have any chance to get a first down. That's one recent example I recall. I'm sure others will chime in.

Here's your first chime Park, I distinctly remember five years ago, when one of my beloved offspring was a freshman at Manual, St. X was down by three touchdowns at the end of the third quarter. All of a sudden Coach Nichols decides the Rams are a passing team. They had successfully run the ball for three quarters, built a three touchdown lead and now, all of a sudden, they are a passing team. They through 3 interceptions and X came back to win by a field goal in the waning minutes of the game. I can understand one, maybe even two, but three! Why wouldn't you quit after the second if you saw it wasn't working. That is not execution. That's play calling.

As well, go back and read some of the Nichols quotes that appeared on television and in the newspaper in his time at the helm of the Crimsons. All to often you will find him refusing to look in the mirror and blaming the kids for his losses. Come on, "Man-up" and admit it was you. Sure the kids have to execute, but I don't know of to many programs at this level that allow the kids to do the play calling. Is that the kids fault? IMHO, I don't think so.

As well, go back and read some of the Nichols quotes that appeared on television and in the newspaper in his time at the helm of the Crimsons. All to often you will find him refusing to look in the mirror and blaming the kids for his losses. Come on, "Man-up" and admit it was you. Sure the kids have to execute, but I don't know of to many programs at this level that allow the kids to do the play calling. Is that the kids fault? IMHO, I don't think so.

Nichols also had some choice words for the Trinity team after Trinity's dramatic, come from 11 down, road victory in 2005.