Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

X vs. Manual

Who wins? 82 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Question to St X fans.

 

Any special excitement about returning to Manual Stadium? Will Checks get overrun by a mob of reminiscing X fans?

  • Replies 118
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strike 3 and Spindoc, you know this stuff is going to happen its a rivalry game!
As are many games. BGP is a wonderful place, to discuss, disagree and post opinions but it will be done, in the context of the Rules. Just so others understand and aren't mislead....Rule #12

12. No complaining about the web site, its members, or its management on the forums or in public. If you have such a complaint, you need to send me an email at [email protected] and I will get back with you as soon as possible to address the problem. Your opinion matters to me. When a moderator warns of possible rules violations, do not ignore the warning and do not argue. Ignoring a violation warning or arguing with a moderator over their enforcement of forum rules will result in your suspension.

The St X defense will be fundamentally sound for 4 quarters and Manual will "shoot themselves in the foot" at one or two key points in this game.

 

Familar story. Final score St X 31 Manual 20.

Good catch, Pep! The last time I saw Dorffman, he was cavorting in the movie Animal House. :lol:

 

LOL, I was wondering where I picked up "Dorffman".

Question to St X fans.

 

Any special excitement about returning to Manual Stadium? Will Checks get overrun by a mob of reminiscing X fans?

I am always excited to be at Manual Stadium, lots of memories and despite needing major improvements the place has a lot of character. As for Check's I haven't been in years, couldn't take the smoke. Maybe with the new ordinance I will check it out.

Every year I keep hearing how good Manual is and the past four years (correct me if I am wrong) the final record has been 4-6, 7-4, 7-5, 6-5. Not even close to breaking into the big three!

 

If this was U of L-UK rivalry somebody would be saying over-hyped and under performing. So until I see otherwise...

 

I'll say this one will be no contest.

 

X 45-14

 

Tigers are a lot better than I expected!

I see this being a pre-Trinity test of the Saint Xavier D. Manual has a Trinity RB clone (small and fast w/ moves). They also have started throwing the ball more. Should be fun.

Question to St X fans.

 

Any special excitement about returning to Manual Stadium? Will Checks get overrun by a mob of reminiscing X fans?

I have not stopped going to Check's before the St.X home games, you just have to start a few minutes earlier. To those who have not been there this year you will be in for a surprise. Yes I am very excited to be returning to Manual Stadium for this very special rival game. I am sure it will still feel like home.

Question to St X fans.

 

Any special excitement about returning to Manual Stadium? Will Checks get overrun by a mob of reminiscing X fans?

I have not stopped going to Check's before the St.X home games, you just have to start a few minutes earlier. To those who have not been there this year you will be in for a surprise. Yes I am very excited to be returning to Manual Stadium for this very special rival game.I am sure it will still feel like home.

I see this being a pre-Trinity test of the Saint Xavier D. Manual has a Trinity RB clone (small and fast w/ moves). They also have started throwing the ball more. Should be fun.
This is one aspect of the game that interest me. How will this scat back type player do against the St X defense. In the past Manual has had some very successful straight ahead runners that, for the most part, got contained when they faced the St X defense. Manual doesn't have a "3yrd pounding back" this year. I wonder if this will be harder for the X defense to face or if we were better off with more of the sledgehammer backs.
I am always excited to be at Manual Stadium, lots of memories and despite needing major improvements the place has a lot of character. As for Check's I haven't been in years, couldn't take the smoke. Maybe with the new ordinance I will check it out.

Park,

You owe it to yourself to check out Check's. When the ordinence went in to affect, they shut down for two weeks, cleaned and renovated the place, through away everything that stank and added new lighting. It looks great. But the food is still the same. With the BEST darn Bean Soup in town and a cold one for a buck fifty, it's hard to beat.

Park,

You owe it to yourself to check out Check's. When the ordinence went in to affect, they shut down for two weeks, cleaned and renovated the place, through away everything that stank and added new lighting. It looks great. But the food is still the same. With the BEST darn Bean Soup in town and a cold one for a buck fifty, it's hard to beat.

What about the new plasma TV's! Check's has gone upscale on us!

Park,

You owe it to yourself to check out Check's. When the ordinence went in to affect, they shut down for two weeks, cleaned and renovated the place, through away everything that stank and added new lighting. It looks great. But the food is still the same. With the BEST darn Bean Soup in town and a cold one for a buck fifty, it's hard to beat.

I think you need reservations for Friday!

This is one aspect of the game that interest me. How will this scat back type player do against the St X defense. In the past Manual has had some very successful straight ahead runners that, for the most part, got contained when they faced the St X defense. Manual doesn't have a "3yrd pounding back" this year. I wonder if this will be harder for the X defense to face or if we were better off with more of the sledgehammer backs.

It will be interesting how this little scat back performs against his Freshman year team mates. On one hand he knows somewhat what defense X will throw at him, since he played for the Tigers his freshman year, or will he? On the other hand the X Defense knows what he's capable of since most of them played with him three years ago. Raven is very fast. It'll be interesting to see how he handles this situation. Good Luck RAMS.

 

:thumb: GO TIGERS! :thumb:

What about the new plasma TV's! Check's has gone upscale on us!

I completely forgot about them, which is odd, since I remember watching Chris Burke nearly hit one out of Wrigley the day of the Oldham County Game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.