Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

X vs. Manual

Who wins? 82 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

That would be Orndorff. :thumb:

 

Good catch, Pep! The last time I saw Dorffman, he was cavorting in the movie Animal House. :lol:

  • Replies 118
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big stink arose after the game on the field with some comments directed to the Trinity players. I could post them, but I'd be suspended.
Sure:rolleyes:
Are you saying that Manual's coach made the comments directed to the Trinity players?

Yep.

Maybe I have missed something in the past several years BUT, show me an example of when Nichols has thrown players under the bus. I have yet to hear him say the players just did not get it done. I have heard him state that "WE did not do the things we needed to do" or "WE did not take care of the ball", etc. Sounds like someone has an axe to grind for you to come here and say these things. You say that you had a beloved offspring there as a freshman when X came back and beat Manual. I think that alone can be cause for some personal issues with Caoch Nichols but don't fabricate stories and take cheap shots at a person who probably had a positive influence (at some point) in your beloved offspring's high school experience.

 

I KNOW that coaches at some of the other top football programs around here are not the most liked by their fans and alumnus and therefore do not expect all the Manual fans and alumnus to be all loving either. Just be fans and try to support your team through tough times and good times.

Yep.

 

I can guarantee you that he never said anything negative about any team's players (including his own). Maybe the quote about the better team did not win the game that night comment got twisted to be a jab at the players. He was being positive for his heartbroken players and let them know that he felt they were better but just did not win that game, what is so sinister about that?

In no way can I compete with all the previous pro-Nichols posts, so I'll simply say that I like Coach Nichols, and never thought for a second that he didn't care about the players.

I can guarantee you that he never said anything negative about any team's players (including his own).

Unless you are Coach Nichols, you can't guarantee that. This comment occured on the field after the team handshake. The CJ comment is not relevant to the comments I know about. If the Manual fans don't want to believe it, that's fine. I'm sure the heat of the moment got to him and he said something he regrets. I'd be mad too if I blew an 11 point lead with about 4 minutes to go at home. I'm not naive enough to also know that a Trinity player may have said something to him first. By all accounts from the Manual fans on this site, he is a great man. Thus, let's not judge him on this one incident.

It is always hard to judge a lineman without having game tape to study. Manual's O and D line have played well in every game minus the Central game. At Central the O-line allowed a great deal of penetration from the interior DL. That hasn't been a problem in the other games this year.

 

Specifically I can't recall a great number of big plays Ulinski has made, however again my opinion might change by watching tape and his play.

Thanks for the info, I look forward to watching Ulinski and hope to see him in a UL uni next year. I had heard he played center on the O line and couldn't believe that given his size at 6-6, 280. Center is a very important spot, but usually not reserved for guys of that size in high school, or even college for that matter. My assumption is that Manual's tackles and guards must be outstanding.

As I stated earlier I think that this will be a great game but X will end up on top. I think the Manual coaches are great and work just as hard as any other coach.

It just seems sometimes when put in critical situations its seems they can't get it done.

Folks, let's get this thread back on topic and avoid having it closed and some of you facing timeouts.

Maybe I have missed something in the past several years BUT, show me an example of when Nichols has thrown players under the bus. I have yet to hear him say the players just did not get it done. I have heard him state that "WE did not do the things we needed to do" or "WE did not take care of the ball", etc. Sounds like someone has an axe to grind for you to come here and say these things. You say that you had a beloved offspring there as a freshman when X came back and beat Manual. I think that alone can be cause for some personal issues with Caoch Nichols but don't fabricate stories and take cheap shots at a person who probably had a positive influence (at some point) in your beloved offspring's high school experience.

 

I KNOW that coaches at some of the other top football programs around here are not the most liked by their fans and alumnus and therefore do not expect all the Manual fans and alumnus to be all loving either. Just be fans and try to support your team through tough times and good times.

GR8BigBull,

 

First Bold: I don't now nor didn't then have an axe to grind. At the time I was an impartial observer sitting on the sideline. I distinctly remember hearing direct quotes on post game interviews and reading direct quotes in the newspaper on Saturday mornings after big games, that were less than complimentory to the team.

 

Second Bold: Wrong assumption on your part - SHE never played football! :D

Unless you are Coach Nichols, you can't guarantee that. This comment occured on the field after the team handshake. The CJ comment is not relevant to the comments I know about. If the Manual fans don't want to believe it, that's fine. I'm sure the heat of the moment got to him and he said something he regrets. I'd be mad too if I blew an 11 point lead with about 4 minutes to go at home. I'm not naive enough to also know that a Trinity player may have said something to him first. By all accounts from the Manual fans on this site, he is a great man. Thus, let's not judge him on this one incident.

 

Just as many St. X fans here would go down fighting and defending Coach Glaser, many T fans defend Beatty when he is questioned (or attacked), that is all I am doing. I know the man personally and have never heard the things come from his mouth that many of you come on here claiming to have heard first hand. I AM NOT Coach Nichols but have been there when things were attributed to him that he did not say or do.

 

I will agree that we should not judge ANYONE by one or two incidents because I can remember incidents that have been less than stellar for others as well. We can question philosophy and decisions but we do not need to villify anyone who puts in time and dedicates so much to all their programs.

Back to the thread topic.

 

I think this will be a battle by both teams. Both St. X and Manual come in to this game at 4-0 and are playing very good ball right now. This is Manual's opportunity to prove there should be a Top Four in Jefferson County. St. X realizes, as I'm sure Manual does also, this is for the district Championship.

 

Based on strength of schedule, I believe it will be St. X by 7 to 10.

 

:thumb: GO TIGERS! :thumb:

Who is playing again....X vs Manual. I believe it will be a very interesting game and I'm certainly interested in reading more discussion on the topic, like spindoc requested.

 

Use the pm's for personal comments to each other.

Strike 3 and Spindoc, you know this stuff is going to happen its a rivalry game!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.