Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

X vs. Manual

Who wins? 82 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Who wins, by how much, and why?

  • Replies 118
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the rams win of course, and they probably have a decent chance. But thinking about it logically, St. X is just too deep and has gotten together really well with each game they've played, so I don't see what I want happening.

ram2003...

 

I hope you're wrong.

This will be a heck of game if Manual can come in and play an entire game of football.

This will be a heck of game if Manual can come in and play an entire game of football.

I predict X in a close game. Manual's O Line will prove to be more effective than what X saw from Male. Manual will move the ball. QB Harness can move around the pocket and has the arm strength to throw it deep it some talented receivers. For X, I like James Carpenter playing the Mike spot. He defends the run very well and is a force when he blitzes the middle. I think he and the front 4 need to put relentless pressure on Harness to force him to either run it or make a bad throw. On offense, I think X can continue doing what it does best....run the football inside, run it outside, run it outside some more and occasionally drop a long pass to a crossing Ben Brown or streaking Kevin Brinkman. It would be nice if a few of our other speedsters would step up and start making some big catches. X 28 Manual 21

I think its going to be closer than 35-10.

Unfortunatly for Manual, the Crimsons exploit the very weakness that St X doesn't have.

 

What I mean by that, is that Manual forces the entire defense to play ball usually finding the holes and making them pay. St X doesn't have many/any holes in thier roster.

 

If the Crimsons win they will need to play perfect defense and keep plugging away on offense with long drives.

This will be one of the best games in the state this week along with being the most important on St. X's schedule. St. X leads 6A scoring with a total of 154 points, Manual is 2nd with 149 points scored. St. X also leads in defense allowing only 29 points, Manual is 4th allowing 41 points in 4 games.

 

The St. X offense has really stepped up, along with the added dimension of Ben Zoeller's running to put more pressure on opposing defenses. Manual's defense will be the best St. X has faced to date, being both bigger and stronger than Male's. St. X will have to mix it up a little more than usual to keep the Manual defense off balance.

 

The St. X defense is getting better every week. All of the early injuries have helped develop some much needed depth which will come in handy as the year goes on. The St. X defense may not be at 100% strength this week, but they are getting closer. Manual did defeat St. X in the UL 7 on 7 tournament so it will be interesting to see if St. X can defend a "wing T" team with a strong passing game.

I predict that the school which has the higher standardized test scores will win (I'll let you all chew on that one for a while).

^ I will agree on that.... Both are "academic" schools....

 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We know what the better academic school is...

ram2003...

 

I hope you're wrong.

 

I hope so, too, believe me.

I haven't read too much about special teams (placekickers/ punters) Seems to me that these teams may be evenly matched on O and D. Anybody have insight on the kicking game of each school? Turnovers and field position can decide this one.I'll take a shot in the dark. St. X's depth will prevail. X 21-14

^ I will agree on that.... Both are "academic" schools....

 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes they are. This game features the school with the highest number of National Merit semi-finalists in Kentucky this year and the school with the fourth highest number.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.