The Great Soccer Debate

Alabama Larry

I think soccer games can end in ties. Not a tie because of the weather or some type of horrible event, just a tie because there is no time left(and typically it's because neither team could manage to score in the 36 hours the games seem to last). No winner...no loser...thats not right.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think soccer games can end in ties. Not a tie because of the weather or some type of horrible event, just a tie because there is no time left(and typically it's because neither team could manage to score in the 36 hours the games seem to last). No winner...no loser...thats not right.

Soccer games do end in ties, unless its an elimination game. This is one thing Im glad the NHL got rid of. You play 5 minutes overtime, and then go to a shootout. All in all it adds maybe 20 minutes to the game (Because they clean the middle of the ice for the shootout). I don't think it'd kill these "stellar" athletes to do a 3 round shootout to determine a winner.

Mine! That's the most likely scenario.

HAHA I've had a few of those in my day. Took a shot on goal to the face sophomore year from the starting varsity forward and got a concussion, had to go to the hospital and wasn't allowed to practice for 3 days straight.

Soccer games do end in ties, unless its an elimination game. This is one thing Im glad the NHL got rid of. You play 5 minutes overtime, and then go to a shootout. All in all it adds maybe 20 minutes to the game (Because they clean the middle of the ice for the shootout). I don't think it'd kill these "stellar" athletes to do a 3 round shootout to determine a winner.

I'll assume your use of quotations around the word stellar is implying that they aren't, in fact, stellar, which is obviously ludicrous. If the arguments you have presented on this topic are the best arguments against soccer you can provide, then I have to admit I have never seen someone argue against something while simultaneously making the opposing point seem irreducibly true.