Holmes at Dayton Predictions

Who wins this game?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Dayton
    • Holmes

prediction=28-14 DAYTON.

I don't think the score will be as high as predicted by some. I think both teams will come out "swinging for the fences" and going for it all but will soon find out that there wont be a lot of big plays.

Both teams are going to have to put drives together and with that said, I give the win to Dayton, considering they bring more to the table with their offense.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Steeeeeeeve's sake, i hope he wins this one. It won't bode well in Covington to lose to a much smaller team. With the raw but seemingly undiciplined talent, he still should be able to overcome 22 returning starters if need be. I just hope things don't get out of hand. Steve in my opinion has taken a step in his career to better himself to land a big time job. If he can show that he can turn Holmes around just a little bit and have some success, then someone special will come calling.

I would love for Dayton to pull this one out for the sake of Losing thier coach in the way it did, but it is also time for the players in general to move foward with the leadership of Zach Deaton!!! Remember, that without Steve and Zach, you guys wouldn't have even been able to get this thing started in the first place. So please move on!!!!!!!

I think the kids have taken a step forward with Deaton as the head coach. Deaton was there with the kids the day Lickert announced he was leaving. But you cant expect the kids not to get emotional and fired up especially the 16 returning seniors that worked hard for him. It will be a good hard hitting contest. It basically comes down to who executes the most on offense and stops the big play. Good luck to both teams!!!!!

I think the kids have taken a step forward with Deaton as the head coach. Deaton was there with the kids the day Lickert announced he was leaving. But you cant expect the kids not to get emotional and fired up especially the 16 returning seniors that worked hard for him. It will be a good hard hitting contest. It basically comes down to who executes the most on offense and stops the big play. Good luck to both teams!!!!!

:thumb: I'd have to agree with you here NKYS. They have to try and not get to emotional in this and play the game they've been taught to play or they will beat themselves.

:thumb: I'd have to agree with you here NKYS. They have to try and not get to emotional in this and play the game they've been taught to play or they will beat themselves.
Welcome to BGP DHSalum08 and be sure to visit the New Member forum....thumb[1].gif

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/forumd...aysprune=&f=34

Read the "Everything a Rookie" thread and it will answer, any questions.

Holmes boys know that Lickert came from Dayton too... I'd think there would be something in it for them to win it for their new coach...

Dayton is fast, but I don't think as fast as Holmes. And I'm not completely buying the fact that the hurry up can be taken away because Dayton knows the plays. If you execute it works...

That said, I think if Dayton gets their heads on straight they can win the game. That is they have to be a lot better than they were last week against SK.

And I think one of the most important things they need to do is play to beat the team and not the coach. Lickert did a lot for Dayton and it is ok to be emotional, but being angry could cause some stupid things to happen. They have to remember in the record books it isn't going to be Dayton vs. Former coach, it is Dayton vs. Holmes. Play it that way... and anyone that still holds a grudge against Lickert, well, move on... If Dayton plays how they can, they should win close. But if they play like last week, they won't...

Let's just wish both of the coaches good luck and hope they both walk away feeling their team played the best it possibly could.

I can tell you that gamer, cshs and myself have done nothing to the contrary...

It's a shame that the Holmes/Dayton and Holmes/Highlands games has to have a loser...

I predict that Steve Lickert cannot wait for this one to be over regardless of the outcome.

I can tell you I personally spoke with Steve a very very short time after he took the Holmes job, and couldn't help but ask, "what about the first game next year?" and his instantaneous response "I don't wanna do it..."

I know it was and imagine is tough to this day for him to not be able to be there... even though he did what he had to do...