Can Brohm win the Heisman?

Riverside 157

Last year we had this thread and every one had some creative thoughts on "if" and "how" Brohm could win the Heisman if he accomplishes the following: . . .

1. U of L goes undefeated, wins National Championship.

2. Brohm throws for 38+ TD's combined with less than 3 INT's.

3. Brohm averages 300+ yards per game passing.

4. Brohm runs for 550+ yards this season.

5. Does not get injured.

6. Leads the Cards to big "W"'s over West Virginia and S. Florida.

7. Sells $3 million worth of Life Insurance during halftime of all games throughout the season.

:p

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a serious note....Brian can win the Heisman if U of L goes undefeated, he stays healthy, and he throws for 30+ TD's....as a matter of fact, if he does all of the above, he WILL win the Heisman, with all the hype that he has already received, the problem of name recognition is gone.

Michigan - Henne and Hart

USC - Booty

Texas - McCoy

U of L - Brohm

West Virginia - White and Slaton

Florida - Tebow

Those would probably be the names I'd look most at right now because they have the names and their teams will likely have enough success to keep them in the running (I don't think Arkansas will be good enough to give McFadden a real shot at winning)...I think the U of L vs. West Virginia game will likely eliminate the player(s) from the losing team...Henne and Hart probably won't win, IMO...so, my pre-season prediction is that the heisman will come from this list...Booty, Tebow, McCoy, or Brohm (I think U of L will beat WVU)...

Unless someone puts up astronomical numbers, I think the team success may once again play the defining role...so, whoever puts up great numbers on a team that is playing for a national title will likely win the award.

Just my opinion.

^From that list, I'd say a real dark-horse candidate would be DeSean Jackson from Cal...he's an electrifying player...if he puts up some nice stats (receiving and returning), along with a Cal victory over USC, and if he could throw in a few game-changing plays (a la Charles Woodson in his heisman campaign), particularly against USC, this guy could become a factor.

Odds are, he won't, but I see the possibility...talk about someone having to have everything break perfect though...

^ Please explain how you can not understand how people like a kid who does virtually everything RIGHT...he makes great grades....is a family guy, works his behind off on the field, and in the film room, while also posessing more skill than 90% of the American population, if not more....what is not to like Farva?