Will Bowling Green matchup as well with T as they have with X?

theguru

Somewhere here on BGP I read the other day a "Scouting REport" on BG..( still trying to find my way around here ) so cannot tell you exactly where it was.....The person who penned the analysis.....was very high and complimentary of BG. I thought it was well laid out....- other than his reference to the Rocks " 16 State Championships",,which now gives me a little pause...................

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The no challenging playoff games doesn't exactly hold water. For the most part, no not many challenging games. But in '05 they only beat Hoptown 3-0 in the region finals and in '06 Louisville Central gave them all they wanted in a 21-14 game. If they had a false sense of security by the time they got to the state finals, they were just writing off the close games as flukes instead of the very real challenges they were.

IMO, Bowling Green just ran into better teams. They're a great team, but there are other great teams as well. Trinity is one of those teams.

I wouldn't say that about the way they got pasted against the knights. Playing Hoptown and Highlands/ CovCath are two totally diff. paths.

Somewhere here on BGP I read the other day a "Scouting REport" on BG..( still trying to find my way around here ) so cannot tell you exactly where it was.....The person who penned the analysis.....was very high and complimentary of BG. I thought it was well laid out....- other than his reference to the Rocks " 16 State Championships",,which now gives me a little pause...................

Your probably talking about the 5A Preview.

I wouldn't say that about the way they got pasted against the knights. Playing Hoptown and Highlands/ CovCath are two totally diff. paths.

I'm confused. Wouldn't say what? I simply said that they did play a game that challenged them prior to the state finals. I'm not trying to compare Hoptown and Highland/CovCath at all. Just that if Bowling Green thought they were unstoppable, they must have mistaken the close game against Hoptown (and the next year Central) to have been flukes. Which I don't think is the case.

I'm confused. Wouldn't say what? I simply said that they did play a game that challenged them prior to the state finals. I'm not trying to compare Hoptown and Highland/CovCath at all. Just that if Bowling Green thought they were unstoppable, they must have mistaken the close game against Hoptown (and the next year Central) to have been flukes. Which I don't think is the case.

That the games were challenging. They weren't. That Hoptown team would've gotten bashed too. The west 3A has been down since before Pulley. Yes BG has made there two runs, but the competition is down out west. That's the reason for the lopsided outcome in the finals.

That the games were challenging. They weren't. That Hoptown team would've gotten bashed too. The west 3A has been down since before Pulley. Yes BG has made there two runs, but the competition is down out west. That's the reason for the lopsided outcome in the finals.

But I'm not talking about how good the team that challenged Bowling Green was, just simply that they were challenging to Bowling Green. Both games, especially the Hoptown game, were games Bowling Green could have lost. I'm just trying to dispel the myth that Bowling Green walked over every team they faced until the finals.

Again, Bowling Green ran into two teams that were simply better than they were, which is why they lost to them (in the finals). We're saying the same thing really.....

All I can say is this....with the injuries during the last Bowl Game, X did not pound BG. BG held their own and did a great job doing this.

Any questions about BGHS, check out the preview in the 5A previews. That will tell you all what you would want to know IMO.

I don't think that BG will get pounded by T....in fact, I really can't wait for this game. It just might be a shocker!!! All I can stay is, stay tuned!!!

BG will not win this game big, IMO, also, I really don't see them losing big as well. I think it will be a nail bitter of a game that will leave you sitting on the edge of your seats!

Last year, many on here said that BG would get pounded by X and it just did not happen....even with all of our injuries...I think if we had had a well team, we actually would have won that game. I think this game will be a lot like that one!!!!!

GO PURPLES!!!!!!!

This should be a very good first game for the Rocks. First half will be close, even BG up by 7, but the second half the Rocks roll and will win by 21. Even after the first two scrimmage games, there will still be alot of players get some PT against BG. GO ROCKS.

BG had tough luck last year vs. X. They lost their QB and center right before the season started. Had to take a stud WR to play QB (please correct me if I am wrong). Still gave the Tigers a good game on one leg.

I could be wrong but the talent level may be down a tad this year since they are all playing college ball! Even so, I see BG a very worthy opponent that will have a game under their belt before visiting T. The huge T victory predictions are premature.

BG had tough luck last year vs. X. They lost their QB and center right before the season started. Had to take a stud WR to play QB (please correct me if I am wrong). Still gave the Tigers a good game on one leg.

I could be wrong but the talent level may be down a tad this year since they are all playing college ball! Even so, I see BG a very worthy opponent that will have a game under their belt before visiting T. The huge T victory predictions are premature.

You are correct...the WR that played QB that night was D.L. Moore, who is one of Kentucky's top 26 seniors going into this season. That was an extremely courageous thing for him to do. On paper, the Purples, because of injuries, had no business being on the same field with X that night. But the whole team stepped up and made the best of a bad situation. I think that the X players and fans were just as proud of the way the Purples stepped up as we were.

BTW...going into the game against Christian Co. the following week, the Purples had no less than *seven* starters unable to play! The whole team showed courage those first two weeks last year, and no one would have blamed them if they started out 0 and 2 with two blow out loses.

For whatever reason, the Purples have simply laid an egg in the finals the last two years. Turnovers killed Bowling Green against Lexington Catholic in 2005 ... I didn't see last year's game, but evidently it was decided early.

One theory has been advanced that Bowling Green is very good, sometimes dominant, against run-oriented teams but has trouble stopping multi-faceted offenses, which takes away their ability to play field position and control the ball.

Sounds as good as anything else to me.