Will Bowling Green matchup as well with T as they have with X?

theguru

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't figure B.G. out, you look at them run out on the field, look over at the other team, and ask yourself if there is anyway they can stay with the purples! I think they have as an impressive looking team as I have seen anywhere, but when they get into a game, they just can't put it together. I am talking about top flight competition in saying this. I reference the past 2 State title games.

It seems like BG plays their best ball in the beginning of the season. I think with the weak district schedule they have had it makes them soft for the playoffs when they get to good teams. I think they will hand with T but will end up losing by a couple of TD's.

It seems that Trinity has not fared very well in first games of seasons - at least in their series against Montgomery Bell Academy of Nashville, nor necessarily in the first few games of each season's schedule. It may be BG's first game too this year - I don't know. I'm hoping Coach Beatty will have the troops ready to play a BG team with loads of individual talent, as I'm told. I think BG will need some long gainers and some spotty offensive play by T to win in St. Matthews. I have no doubt whatsoever that BG is capable of winning. It will be up to Trinity's D to keep it from happening.

It will be BG's 2nd game, they open against Boyle County in the Rafferty's Bowl on Aug. 25 at WKU. I have to agree with the post about BG playing their best early. They have been close with X and I just hope they give Trinity a good game and keep it respectable and hopefully even win. There's something about private schools that BG can't seem to get a grip on. I believe I read somewhere that they haven't lost to a public school in 30 something games. In reference to the last 2 state games, I can only speak on the LexCath game, but BG looked awful and like they were just happy to be there. I watched them destroy East Bullitt the week before, but I did not recognize the team that was destroyed by LexCath. Honestly, they just didn't seem to be ready. I don't know how they looked last year, but from looking at the score of last year's game vs. CovCath, they just may not have been ready again. I do think their district and their region had a lot to do with it. No real challenging games all season and playoffs could give you a false sense of security when it comes to stepping up in the championship game. I don't know what the problem is, but I hope they can fix it this year.

The no challenging playoff games doesn't exactly hold water. For the most part, no not many challenging games. But in '05 they only beat Hoptown 3-0 in the region finals and in '06 Louisville Central gave them all they wanted in a 21-14 game. If they had a false sense of security by the time they got to the state finals, they were just writing off the close games as flukes instead of the very real challenges they were.

IMO, Bowling Green just ran into better teams. They're a great team, but there are other great teams as well. Trinity is one of those teams.

I know nothing about BG. Purple fans: Tell us who are uninformed about your team. What type of offense/defense do you run. How is your kicking game? Do you have good team speed? etc. Thanks. :thumb: