Fastest Players?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How fast are these kids in full pads? Fully padded makes a difference. Some kids might run a 4.3 or 4.4, but padded a 4.7,4.8 or alot slower. IMO it depends on how strong the kid is. I heard there's a kid at Scott that runs a 4.4. Friday in the scrimmage, a HC receiver ran by him like he was standing still and ran away from the pack. So again, IMO the 4.3's, 4.4's are only a number.

Chuck Knoll - 4 time Super Bowl champion coach of Pittsburgh Steelers said it best. Watch the tape not the clock!

I agree with MH.. It's funny how EVERY high school has at least 1 kid with 4.3 or 4.4 speed yet the NFL combine only has 5 to 10 each year? But I know that every one of you will say that they were "timed" and it's legitimate. So I guess they all get slower in college?

Well I know one kid who is really fast. He has been timed with a stop watch around 4.4 to 4.5 on several occasions. Does real well in track and is generally the fastest player on his team. When timed with a computer run by a legit college combine he ran 4.61. When he told the scout he couldn't believe he ran so slow the scout told him that translates into a 4.3 in High School speak.

If your kid or a player on your team is running 4.4 on a stop watch then it's likely around a 4.6 in real terms. That is still really fast.

The 40 time IMO is sort of like height and weight in high-school and college programs. It is in the general ball-park but never accurate. My guess is there are 1 maybe 2 kids in the state that play football that run a legit computer timed 4.4. No matter how many people claim proof or they were timed by a computer, it is still probably around 1 or 2.

I'm close to 6'2" on a good day and my highschool basketball program always listed me at 6'3" ;)

There`s a kid from Eastern KY. Gatlin Barker runs a 4.4 to a 4.53.

rated #1 wide receiver in KY. By way of ESPN. Goes to Boyd Co.

Great hands

The Independent's 35th annual prep football season review has him listed as a Running Back.

I love reading these fake 40 times......they are great.

Now, I don't know what the Dutton twins run, but if they get by you, they won't be run down. I think that is generally fast enough.

I have to agree with you and coachwife. I thought I ran a 4.4, but in college, it was more like 4.9 - 5.1. Just look at the tape and if you're like the Dutton twins or little Timmy, that's fast enough for me.