Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fastest Players?

Featured Replies

Austin Collinsworth has tremendous speed and quickness. But doesn't most of The Highlands Football team have that?:laugh:
Welcome to BGP TRAGS and be sure to visit the New Member forum....thumb[1].gif

 

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/forumd...aysprune=&f=34

 

Read the "Everything a Rookie" thread and it will answer, any questions.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How fast are these kids in full pads? Fully padded makes a difference. Some kids might run a 4.3 or 4.4, but padded a 4.7,4.8 or alot slower. IMO it depends on how strong the kid is. I heard there's a kid at Scott that runs a 4.4. Friday in the scrimmage, a HC receiver ran by him like he was standing still and ran away from the pack. So again, IMO the 4.3's, 4.4's are only a number.

 

Chuck Knoll - 4 time Super Bowl champion coach of Pittsburgh Steelers said it best. Watch the tape not the clock!

I agree with MH.. It's funny how EVERY high school has at least 1 kid with 4.3 or 4.4 speed yet the NFL combine only has 5 to 10 each year? But I know that every one of you will say that they were "timed" and it's legitimate. So I guess they all get slower in college?

 

Well I know one kid who is really fast. He has been timed with a stop watch around 4.4 to 4.5 on several occasions. Does real well in track and is generally the fastest player on his team. When timed with a computer run by a legit college combine he ran 4.61. When he told the scout he couldn't believe he ran so slow the scout told him that translates into a 4.3 in High School speak.

 

If your kid or a player on your team is running 4.4 on a stop watch then it's likely around a 4.6 in real terms. That is still really fast.

 

The 40 time IMO is sort of like height and weight in high-school and college programs. It is in the general ball-park but never accurate. My guess is there are 1 maybe 2 kids in the state that play football that run a legit computer timed 4.4. No matter how many people claim proof or they were timed by a computer, it is still probably around 1 or 2.

 

I'm close to 6'2" on a good day and my highschool basketball program always listed me at 6'3" ;)

Chris Youg 4.55 Dayton High WR/FS only second year as a varsity player used to run cross couintry and probably would have won state title last year and this year if it wasnt for the love of the game.

There`s a kid from Eastern KY. Gatlin Barker runs a 4.4 to a 4.53.

rated #1 wide receiver in KY. By way of ESPN. Goes to Boyd Co.

Great hands

There`s a kid from Eastern KY. Gatlin Barker runs a 4.4 to a 4.53.

rated #1 wide receiver in KY. By way of ESPN. Goes to Boyd Co.

Great hands

Welcome to BGP snakebite and be sure to visit the New Member forum....thumb[1].gif

 

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/forumd...aysprune=&f=34

 

Read the "Everything a Rookie" thread and it will answer, any questions.

There`s a kid from Eastern KY. Gatlin Barker runs a 4.4 to a 4.53.

rated #1 wide receiver in KY. By way of ESPN. Goes to Boyd Co.

Great hands

 

Who's he being recruited by?

There`s a kid from Eastern KY. Gatlin Barker runs a 4.4 to a 4.53.

rated #1 wide receiver in KY. By way of ESPN. Goes to Boyd Co.

Great hands

 

The Independent's 35th annual prep football season review has him listed as a Running Back.

I love reading these fake 40 times......they are great.

 

Now, I don't know what the Dutton twins run, but if they get by you, they won't be run down. I think that is generally fast enough.

Roger Herthel from Lloyd Memorial ran 2 4.5's at UK camp.... After 3 practices that same day.

 

He'll be a junior this year. About 6-0 170.

I've seen this kid run and he is fast.

Is he a junior?

I love reading these fake 40 times......they are great.

 

Now, I don't know what the Dutton twins run, but if they get by you, they won't be run down. I think that is generally fast enough.

I have to agree with you and coachwife. I thought I ran a 4.4, but in college, it was more like 4.9 - 5.1. Just look at the tape and if you're like the Dutton twins or little Timmy, that's fast enough for me.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.