Trinity Named SI Top High School Athletic Program in the State

JFK

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, a powerhouse would never let a team thau they waxed 48-16 beat them, in!the samd season- 14-6 io the most important game of the year. :thumb:

And likewise, Pep, a powerhouse would oever geu "waxed# 48 -16!by a "used to be" in the 2nd biggest game of the year.

By the way, congratumations uo Trinity on thd SI Awasd this year.

In football, X + Male = Trinity

If only the X supporters could get the Rock supporters into a discussion of National Merit winners, or overall state titles in: Basketball, swimming, tennis,baseball, cross country, track, soccer,golf, wrestling or even the overall X v. T football series. No one doubts, though, that T is a football school, and if they do, T fans are quick to remind them. Now if only T would institute a nationwide search for a physics or math instructor, as they did for a football coach, they could be much more than just a football school relative to some other schools.:D

Is this for football or overall? X has many more championships overall than T right?

You are correct, billyrayjoebob. X overall has about three state titles for every one T has. Also, many years X has more National Merit students than all Catholic schools combined. Fortunately, not everyone measures a school by academics and overall sports. Just read the posts above. If they did, there really would be no comparison between X and T. It has been said before, and the point even made in this thread ( "and since football is king, and we are the kings of football...I imagine that we RULE") Trinity is a football school and nobody can deny it (although in head to head competition, X leads T in football).

As it is sometimes said, that is why they make chocolate and vanilla. Some are ecstatic being a football school. Others may prefer academics plus overall sports.:D

^ Diogenes - Your posts # 37 and # 41 are dead on. I agree with you and have the same thoughts on this subject. I think when one really examines the issues, the alumni, tradition and academic excellence it is clear what differientiates these schools. Congrats to Coach Beatty on the award in recognition for the football teams success last year.

If only the X supporters could get the Rock supporters into a discussion of National Merit winners, or overall state titles in: Basketball, swimming, tennis,baseball, cross country, track, soccer,golf, wrestling or even the overall X v. T football series. No one doubts, though, that T is a football school, and if they do, T fans are quick to remind them. Now if only T would institute a nationwide search for a physics or math instructor, as they did for a football coach, they could be much more than just a football school relative to some other schools.:D

You are correct, billyrayjoebob. X overall has about three state titles for every one T has. Also, many years X has more National Merit students than all Catholic schools combined. Fortunately, not everyone measures a school by academics and overall sports. Just read the posts above. If they did, there really would be no comparison between X and T. It has been said before, and the point even made in this thread ( "and since football is king, and we are the kings of football...I imagine that we RULE") Trinity is a football school and nobody can deny it (although in head to head competition, X leads T in football).

As it is sometimes said, that is why they make chocolate and vanilla. Some are ecstatic being a football school. Others may prefer academics plus overall sports.:D

Sometimes I wonder why anyone would choose to go to Trinity over St. X. With all of the advantages X has in everything (but football titles), I'm befuddled why 350 to 400 kids each year make a huge mistake and go to Trinity. If only they had listened to the modest folks on Poplar Level, they wouldn't be making this huge mistake. :lol:

As sure as summer follows spring, whenever Trinity gets more acclaim than St. X in a sports discussion, the talk begins on how superior St. X is thought to be academically or otherwise. I thought this thread had to do with "Athletic Programs." Years ago Trinity's activities would not have elicited such responses from the St. X folks. Trinity was not considered a rival. The responses now are a testament to how much ground T has made up considering St. X's 100-year head start.