Trinity Named SI Top High School Athletic Program in the State

JFK

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Heavy Hitter's a proud Rock Brother, circa 1982.

It was a joke!!!! Also, I am very will aware of who he is..."the heavy hitter" used to come to my house in high school when my older bro's had parties. I also recall him being a "yell guy" for the cheerleading team at T. :lol: :lol:

Again congrats T.

I see no problem with Trinity fans celebrating this... wasn't it X last year?

Yes, the Tigers were named last year but some made it out to be "not that big of a deal". I beg to differ, just as I thought last year I think it is a major big deal and kudos to THS on this honor. Hopefully, the honor comes back to Poplar Level next year, but in the meantime enjoy-it is well deserved. :thumb:

Saint Xavier made #14 on the list of top private/public athletic programs. I am looking at the article right now and there is no mention of their football program (although there is no doubting they used to be a powerhouse). X boasts what may be one of the greastest swimming programs in history. I believe they've won 19 consecutive state champonships. They also hold the national title with 43 swimming championships. The O'toole father/son coaching combination is almost unstopable.

Used to be? Wow...I must have been dreaming about those 36-18 and 48-16 games within the past three years...

XGrad, you're correct, club sports are not included.

You're right, a powerhouse would never let a team that they waxed 48-16 beat them, in the same season, 14-6 in the most important game of the year. :thumb:

St.X without question is a power house in both sports and academics and deserves all the praise and awards they have recieved. They are just not as good as the Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!! This coming from a son of an X grade so take as a jab not any other way.