Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Magic Will Allow Donovan to Return to Florida...

Featured Replies

Players as well....If a player signed an LOI with a school and then changed his mind I'd say no cigar, but if he does it because of a coaching change I think that's a different situation.

But the LOI states very clearly that the player is signing with the school not with the coach. That may not be the reality of the situation and it may not be right but it is what it is and the player signs (or at least should) knowing this. If the player signs this and there is a coaching change how is it different from say Donovan changing his mind?

  • Replies 105
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to wonder if Billy's family is the driving force behind the flip flop moreso than what he will ever admit publicly.

 

Losing more respect for this guy with every passing day... Happy for him that he's doing what he loves, but he's playing everyone.

:thumb: I had very little respect for him to start with, now I have "0". I'll say it again, I thank God that he did not come to U.K..

Donovan just seems like a shady guy all the way around.

:thumb: Always has been imo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Have I mentioned that I am glad that he is not at U.K.........???:D

But the LOI states very clearly that the player is signing with the school not with the coach. That may not be the reality of the situation and it may not be right but it is what it is and the player signs (or at least should) knowing this. If the player signs this and there is a coaching change how is it different from say Donovan changing his mind?

 

Interesting that a kid can't get out of a signed contract (LOI), but an adult (Donovan) can...can you say double standard???

It's really amazing how little signed contracts mean anymore.

Interesting that a kid can't get out of a signed contract (LOI), but an adult (Donovan) can...can you say double standard???

A. If Donovan signed a contract he should honor it. I never said otherwise.

 

B. If a player signs an LOI he should honor it. Again, I never said otherwise.

 

No double standard here.

 

I just find this very interesting in light of the fact that many UK fans on this and other sights are bashing Donovan BUT were very much in favor of the highly touted player at Texas A&M and Lucas breaking their agreements and coming to UK. If there is a double standard there it is.

 

An LOI is signed by both a player (who in most cases is 18 making him/her a legal adult) and his/her parents. The LOI states clearly that it is with the school not the coach. Right or wrong that is the way it is so IMVHO when a player requests a release from his LOI for whatever reason it is no different then what Donovan did.

Good for Donovan for having the courage to do what is best for him and his family and good for the Orlando Magic for allowing him to do so.

 

I know from the above posts that all of you are terribly upset. I would suggest that your emotion is more because you are still mad Donovan rejected UK and less with the finer points of contract breaches. Also, salt is added to the wound because many of you were tooting your horns about the move to the pros being a windfall for UK and now that bubble has been burst. Shoot, having Donovan leave would have helped level the playing field.

 

It looks like UK will be haunted by Donovan for years to come and that, after all, is the reason for the uproar in the Bluegrass.

A. If Donovan signed a contract he should honor it. I never said otherwise.

 

B. If a player signs an LOI he should honor it. Again, I never said otherwise.

 

No double standard here.

 

I just find this very interesting in light of the fact that many UK fans on this and other sights are bashing Donovan BUT were very much in favor of the highly touted player at Texas A&M and Lucas breaking their agreements and coming to UK. If there is a double standard there it is.

 

An LOI is signed by both a player (who in most cases is 18 making him/her a legal adult) and his/her parents. The LOI states clearly that it is with the school not the coach. Right or wrong that is the way it is so IMVHO when a player requests a release from his LOI for whatever reason it is no different then what Donovan did.

 

 

I wasn't calling you out, just making a general statement...BUT, it's easy to understand why a kid should be let out of an LOI if the coach who recruited him bails two weeks later...Donovan will be back at UF now and Lucas will stay, so hopefully I will not have to hear their names or read about them anymore until basketball season.

 

Again, my statement was not directed at you.:thumb:

 

BTW, I am GLAD Donovan is back at UF, and I bet the MAJORITY of UK fans are too...makes for a great rivalry with Florida and a more exciting SEC...

Good for Donovan for having the courage to do what is best for him and his family and good for the Orlando Magic for allowing him to do so.

 

I know from the above posts that all of you are terribly upset. I would suggest that your emotion is more because you are still mad Donovan rejected UK and less with the finer points of contract breaches. Also, salt is added to the wound because many of you were tooting your horns about the move to the pros being a windfall for UK and now that bubble has been burst. Shoot, having Donovan leave would have helped level the playing field.

 

It looks like UK will be haunted by Donovan for years to come and that, after all, is the reason for the uproar in the Bluegrass.

 

Good one. Way off base, but funny nonetheless...

You call it courage I call it stupidity. If he had doubts he should have never signed the contract. Don't think BillyD will be haunting BillyG.

Good for Donovan for having the courage to do what is best for him and his family and good for the Orlando Magic for allowing him to do so.

 

I know from the above posts that all of you are terribly upset. I would suggest that your emotion is more because you are still mad Donovan rejected UK and less with the finer points of contract breaches. Also, salt is added to the wound because many of you were tooting your horns about the move to the pros being a windfall for UK and now that bubble has been burst. Shoot, having Donovan leave would have helped level the playing field.

 

It looks like UK will be haunted by Donovan for years to come and that, after all, is the reason for the uproar in the Bluegrass.

 

Take a poll of America (minus the state of Kentucky and UK fans). I have a feeling there are going to be a lot more saying the move was rather shady than a man that found great "courage" to back out of his contract.

Good for Donovan for having the courage to do what is best for him and his family and good for the Orlando Magic for allowing him to do so.

 

I know from the above posts that all of you are terribly upset. I would suggest that your emotion is more because you are still mad Donovan rejected UK and less with the finer points of contract breaches. Also, salt is added to the wound because many of you were tooting your horns about the move to the pros being a windfall for UK and now that bubble has been burst. Shoot, having Donovan leave would have helped level the playing field.

 

It looks like UK will be haunted by Donovan for years to come and that, after all, is the reason for the uproar in the Bluegrass.

 

Not me....I don't agree with him signing his name to a contract and then 72 hours later changing his mind. That is just out and out wrong IMO.

 

As far as him haunting UK.....You may want to check his record against the Cats while at Florida, I'm pretty sure he comes out on the shortend....

If you sign a contract, make a commitment, you honor that contract and that commitment. I'm sorry, but that is the way every profession in life should operate!!!

If you sign a contract, make a commitment, you honor that contract and that commitment. I'm sorry, but that is the way every profession in life should operate!!!

So then Tubby should still be the UK coach?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.