Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Magic Will Allow Donovan to Return to Florida...

Featured Replies

I really don't think anyone was twisting his arm to talk to Orlando. If your not sure don't sign the contract.Then he wouldn't have had to be such a big man and back out of his deal.

  • Replies 105
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He apparantly loves Florida so much, I don't see why this would be a big deal to him.

 

Agreed. But furthermore what NBA team is going to take him in the next few years? If he wasn't ready to leave now, when would he be? No exec is going to take the chance of getting burned any time soon.

While this is an unfortunate incident for everyone involved, I can't imagine Donovan doing this with evil intentions. I think it took a lot of him to admit that he might have made a hurried decision or a decision he is not 100% sold on. I can't speak for anyone but myself on this, but I know I have made decisions where I wish I had the fortitude to retract my actions or words but didn't. Do you think it would be a wise move to continue on a path when after one step you realize that the course may not be the best after all?

I think nothing but the best of Donovan and this incident has given me another reason to respect him. It takes a man to admit he was wrong, it takes a coward to hide behind a message board and judge one's actions without knowing everything involved.

:cool:

My exact thoughts.

 

Billy is a lot better off in the College game, and he is good for the game. I for one am not going to judge him.

While this is an unfortunate incident for everyone involved, I can't imagine Donovan doing this with evil intentions. I think it took a lot of him to admit that he might have made a hurried decision or a decision he is not 100% sold on. I can't speak for anyone but myself on this, but I know I have made decisions where I wish I had the fortitude to retract my actions or words but didn't. Do you think it would be a wise move to continue on a path when after one step you realize that the course may not be the best after all?

I think nothing but the best of Donovan and this incident has given me another reason to respect him. It takes a man to admit he was wrong, it takes a coward to hide behind a message board and judge one's actions without knowing everything involved.

 

:cool:

 

If he was not 110% sold on the decision to make the jump up to the Orlando Magic, he should not have SIGNED the contract. Has he agreed to terms, taken the weekend, then decided that he wanted to stay at UF, I would have been perfectly fine with that decision. But he SIGNED the contract and even held a presser. What you don't know, is that whenever Florida is not playing UK, I am cheering for them. I am a fan of Billy Donovan and I always have been but this has made ME lose respect for him. I'm sorry if my morals make me a coward in your eyes. :irked:

If he was not 110% sold on the decision to make the jump up to the Orlando Magic, he should not have SIGNED the contract. Has he agreed to terms, taken the weekend, then decided that he wanted to stay at UF, I would have been perfectly fine with that decision. But he SIGNED the contract and even held a presser. What you don't know, is that whenever Florida is not playing UK, I am cheering for them. I am a fan of Billy Donovan and I always have been but this has made ME lose respect for him. I'm sorry if my morals make me a coward in your eyes. :irked:
When he signed the contract, I believe he did it knowing he was going to coach there. It's called changing your mind. Never done that before? If not, I am impressed.

 

Who said anything about morals? Let's all calm down. ;)

When he signed the contract, I believe he did it knowing he was going to coach there. It's called changing your mind. Never done that before? If not, I am impressed.

 

Who said anything about morals? Let's all calm down. ;)

No, but the coward comment was a little uncalled for.

I really don't think anyone was twisting his arm to talk to Orlando. If your not sure don't sign the contract.Then he wouldn't have had to be such a big man and back out of his deal.

You're correct. I still think he signed with the notion of being there. But what do I know? :D

No, but the coward comment was a little uncalled for.

Agreed. :thumb:

Agreed. :thumb:

 

Nothing like a nice, calm, little BGP argument to get your day going!!!...:ylsuper:

Billy D doesn't know what he wants! Should have never signed the contract in the first place. When he talked about the contract he talked about how much he was going to love coaching in the NBA. For that to change overnight meant he was never sold 100% on the idea. Orlando go the man they wanted and he backed out after he signed a legal contract. If he wants out, that's fine but he should pay the consequences for his actions.

Billy D is a sissy!

That is a politically correct version of the word that I would use. :sssh: :laugh:

That is a politically correct version of the word that I would use. :sssh: :laugh:

 

 

Nice one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

This is my opinion of Billy D...he tries to be way to much like Rick Pitino (well after I look past that whole eddie munster thing he's got going)!!

Nice one! :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

This is my opinion of Billy D...he tries to be way to much like Rick Pitino (well after I look past that whole eddie munster thing he's got going)!!

:thumb: :thumb: Little Eddie...uh, I mean.......Billy reminds me of a spoiled little rich kid:irked: that always gets what he wants and can get out of any mistake that he makes by saying I'm sorry, I didn't mean it and all is forgotten :rolleyes: .

You guys are brutes! :thumb: :p:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.