June 4, 200719 yr http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/gators/orl-bk-billydonovan060307,0,5225925.story?coll=orl-news-utility-bonus&track=mostemailedlink If players ask out of their LOIs and UF doesn't let them out, this hypocrite move will be held over his head for many years to come. Losing more respect for this guy with every passing day... Happy for him that he's doing what he loves, but he's playing everyone.
June 4, 200719 yr How dare Donovan change his mind about taking another Job? By this thread and the other one on this subject I am positive no BGP member has ever changed their mind or ever will after accepting another job. As for this "hanging over his head", except for UK fans this will all blow over in about a month nationally. Being a Wildcat fan I hope he does return to Florida. Rivalries are the essence of sports and that is one of our biggest.
June 4, 200719 yr I'm sorry if I missed this one guys, I haven't talked to anyone all weekend. I will see what I can find out.
June 4, 200719 yr While its not common and its in the public eye, changing one's mind about a job does not make one a bad person or a less credible person. It just goes to show that cold feet happens regardless of the size of contract.
June 4, 200719 yr Donovan just seems like a shady guy all the way around.He's not. I agree he's not made a good impression the last couple weeks, but he is not shady.
June 4, 200719 yr Not a big deal to me. He realized that he made a wrong decision and he changed his mind. No one is perfect, and I assure you that Donavan is no exception.
June 4, 200719 yr Not a big deal to me. He realized that he made a wrong decision and he changed his mind. No one is perfect, and I assure you that Donavan is no exception. The biggest gripe is that by turning his back now on the Magic after signing, he cost some people money, put the UF program and their recruits in a scramble, and have put the Magic in a tough position. Although we all make mistakes, and I do not blame him for not wanting to leave a great situation, one has to cover all of their bases before making such a huge decision that will effect the lives of many. Orlando almost HAS to let him out of the contract. If not, they will look like jerks in all of this.
June 4, 200719 yr Up until this point I have been very supportive of Donovan. He is a great coach and I thought he handled the Kentucky situation well by not acting like he was not interested at all. He was honest about his interest and then took a few days and made a decision. In this situation he really messed up bad. Hopefully it hurts his recruiting with a couple of guys that UK and UF are both after!!
June 4, 200719 yr If he wanted to go back to Florida that's fine with me. The part that really gets me is that he already signed the contract. If you aren't 100% sure it's what you want to do, don't sign the contract.
June 4, 200719 yr If he wanted to go back to Florida that's fine with me. The part that really gets me is that he already signed the contract. If you aren't 100% sure it's what you want to do, don't sign the contract. Absolutely right. Sounds like some of Florida's Bball players are tugging at his heartstrings.
June 4, 200719 yr If players ask out of their LOIs and UF doesn't let them out, this hypocrite move will be held over his head for many years to come. Why should they be let out of their LOI if there is no coaching change? Donovan just seems like a shady guy all the way around. Were you thinking the saem thing while Kentucky was courting him? If he wanted to go back to Florida that's fine with me. The part that really gets me is that he already signed the contract. If you aren't 100% sure it's what you want to do, don't sign the contract. Does this apply just to coaches or to players and LOIs as well?
June 4, 200719 yr Why should they be let out of their LOI if there is no coaching change? Were you thinking the saem thing while Kentucky was courting him? Does this apply just to coaches or to players and LOIs as well? Players as well....If a player signed an LOI with a school and then changed his mind I'd say no cigar, but if he does it because of a coaching change I think that's a different situation.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.