Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Magic Will Allow Donovan to Return to Florida...

Featured Replies

They both broke contracts. Did they not?

 

That is why I used the apples and oranges comparison. They are both a type of fruit that grows on a tree, but other than that they have nothing in common. Which is the case with these 2 different situations. Yes, they did both break contracts. Maybe I should have rephrased my original post! :thumb:

  • Replies 105
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
98, come on. Are you really trying to compare Tubby's 10-year tenure in Lexington and Billy's 10-minute tenure in Orlando?

 

I think it makes Billy look bad, I think it makes Orlando look bad, and I think it is a move that isn't forgotten. Who can forget Wally Backman's Diamondback tenure, O'Leary in Notre Dame, Cremins in SC? I thought it was "bush league" when Altman pulled this on Arkansas and I think it is equally "bush" for Billy to pull it on Orlando.

 

If I resigned today to take a job at XYZ Company, and was introduced to the new Company in my role, I would have ZERO expectations that my current employer would take me back 3 days later. You have to do a better job of evaluating all sides (pro and con) to this before making the leap. That goes for him, me, you, anyone for that matter.

 

Good for him that Florida is taking him back, but painting my dislike for the way it was handled as anything related to my UK fan-dom is 100% off-base.

I'm not condoning it, and I'm not saying it's necessarily the "right" thing to do. I'm upholding his right to do so.
98, come on. Are you really trying to compare Tubby's 10-year tenure in Lexington and Billy's 10-minute tenure in Orlando?
No.

 

spe made a blanket statement that if you sign a contract you should honor it.

98, come on. Are you really trying to compare Tubby's 10-year tenure in Lexington and Billy's 10-minute tenure in Orlando?

 

I think it makes Billy look bad, I think it makes Orlando look bad, and I think it is a move that isn't forgotten. Who can forget Wally Backman's Diamondback tenure, O'Leary in Notre Dame, Cremins in SC? I thought it was "bush league" when Altman pulled this on Arkansas and I think it is equally "bush" for Billy to pull it on Orlando.

 

If I resigned today to take a job at XYZ Company, and was introduced to the new Company in my role, I would have ZERO expectations that my current employer would take me back 3 days later. You have to do a better job of evaluating all sides (pro and con) to this before making the leap. That goes for him, me, you, anyone for that matter.

 

Good for him that Florida is taking him back, but painting my dislike for the way it was handled as anything related to my UK fan-dom is 100% off-base.

 

Great post! I could not agree with you more here!!! The fact that Donovan is pulling this move is very "bush league" and has 0% to do with the fact that I am a UK fan! :thumb:

No.

 

spe made a blanket statement that if you sign a contract you should honor it.

 

I should have clarified myself. Me being a UK fan has nothing to do with me thinking that what Donovan did here was wrong.

98, come on. Are you really trying to compare Tubby's 10-year tenure in Lexington and Billy's 10-minute tenure in Orlando?

 

I think it makes Billy look bad, I think it makes Orlando look bad, and I think it is a move that isn't forgotten. Who can forget Wally Backman's Diamondback tenure, O'Leary in Notre Dame, Cremins in SC? I thought it was "bush league" when Altman pulled this on Arkansas and I think it is equally "bush" for Billy to pull it on Orlando.

 

If I resigned today to take a job at XYZ Company, and was introduced to the new Company in my role, I would have ZERO expectations that my current employer would take me back 3 days later. You have to do a better job of evaluating all sides (pro and con) to this before making the leap. That goes for him, me, you, anyone for that matter.

 

Good for him that Florida is taking him back, but painting my dislike for the way it was handled as anything related to my UK fan-dom is 100% off-base.

 

:thumb:

 

Nothing changed between his signing the contract and then backing out of it (except his mind). Thats the main difference.

 

If there is a major change in the situation, its more acceptable (ie. kids getting out of LOIs after a coaching change, or Tubby leaving a few years into his contract).

 

If you're not sure, don't sign the contract until you are.

  • Author
Why should they be let out of their LOI if there is no coaching change?

 

I didn't say that any of them would ask out... I don't know any more than anyone else on here and I don't claim to. But there is a possibility that the players will have 2nd thoughts about wanting to play for a man that they don't know they can trust. If you can't honor the contract you signed, why would you keep the promises that you made a recruit?

 

And I'm not saying I would think it was right if a player asked out of their LOI after this, but if they do and get denied, it IS hypocritical. You have to sometimes put your mind in that of the player instead of trying to paint pictures that I'm just a biased UK fan because of your hatred for them.

I didn't say that any of them would ask out... I don't know any more than anyone else on here and I don't claim to. But there is a possibility that the players will have 2nd thoughts about wanting to play for a man that they don't know they can trust. If you can't honor the contract you signed, why would you keep the promises that you made a recruit?

 

And I'm not saying I would think it was right if a player asked out of their LOI after this, but if they do and get denied, it IS hypocritical. You have to sometimes put your mind in that of the player instead of trying to paint pictures that I'm just a biased UK fan because of your hatred for them.

 

:thumb:

The only reason this matters to UK fans are the following:

 

Florida has beaten Ky. the past 2 seasons

Transfers to UK if he leaves

 

Otherwise why are UK fans concerned about the poor Orlando magic?????

He can do whatever he wants BD that is...but Orlando is the one that suffers the most from it.

  • Author
The only reason this matters to UK fans are the following:

 

Florida has beaten Ky. the past 2 seasons

Transfers to UK if he leaves

 

Otherwise why are UK fans concerned about the poor Orlando magic?????

 

I would love to not be told why something matters to me... I love basketball... Period... I don't care what level it is on, and this is a big story. Thanks for your concern though.

 

I think it makes Billy look bad, I think it makes Orlando look bad, and I think it is a move that isn't forgotten. Who can forget Wally Backman's Diamondback tenure, O'Leary in Notre Dame, Cremins in SC? I thought it was "bush league" when Altman pulled this on Arkansas and I think it is equally "bush" for Billy to pull it on Orlando.

 

2 of the 3 , unlike BD, had dubious tenures.

 

If I resigned today to take a job at XYZ Company, and was introduced to the new Company in my role, I would have ZERO expectations that my current employer would take me back 3 days later.

 

While you may not have expectations, it does not preclude it from happening nor should it.

The only reason this matters to UK fans are the following:

 

Florida has beaten Ky. the past 2 seasons

Transfers to UK if he leaves

 

Otherwise why are UK fans concerned about the poor Orlando magic?????

 

Hmm... let us use this rationale for second....

 

On Sportscenter the top story was.... Billy Donovan.

 

On ESPN's front page, the top story was..... Billy Donovan.

 

On my lunch break, the top story on "The Best of Mike and Mike" (a national TV and radio show) was..... Donovan.

 

On "1st and 10," the top story was..... wait for it.... Billy Donovan.

 

Yeah, I can see the concern and newsworthiness (sp) being centered in and only in Kentucky.

 

It is a big national story with a high profile guy centered in controversy; a lot outside of the Bluegrass are talking about it today.... either that or every other media outlet across the country is filled with UK fans :D

Hmm... let us use this rationale for second....

 

On Sportscenter the top story was.... Billy Donovan.

 

On ESPN's front page, the top story was..... Billy Donovan.

 

On my lunch break, the top story on "The Best of Mike and Mike" (a national TV and radio show) was..... Donovan.

 

On "1st and 10," the top story was..... wait for it.... Billy Donovan.

 

Yeah, I can see the concern and newsworthiness (sp) being centered in and only in Kentucky.

 

It is a big national story with a high profile guy centered in controversy; a lot outside of the Bluegrass are talking about it today.... either that or every other media outlet across the country is filled with UK fans :D

 

And you forgot Cold Pizza...:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.