"Handpicked" KHSAA Committee Is A Sham

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will put the integrity and independence of Brenda Jackson above anyone who posts or reads on this site. To suggest she will not act accordingly instead of directives have never dealt with her in any manner. Her appointment should be understood as the silent focus she will bring to make sure the right thing happens. If you think for one moment anyone of the KHSAA, like a Stan Steidel or a Bob Schneider can push over this woman, you are in for a major surprise. She has more backbone than the whole KHSAA board.

I will put the integrity and independence of Brenda Jackson above anyone who posts or reads on this site. To suggest she will not act accordingly instead of directives have never dealt with her in any manner. Her appointment should be understood as the silent focus she will bring to make sure the right thing happens. If you think for one moment anyone of the KHSAA, like a Stan Steidel or a Bob Schneider can push over this woman, you are in for a major surprise. She has more backbone than the whole KHSAA board.

Did someone single her out?

I will put the integrity and independence of Brenda Jackson above anyone who posts or reads on this site.
You may say "equal to" anyone on this site. But to say "above" anyone on this site, is an uncalled for insult to the people of BGP. There are a myriad of people here at BGP whose integrity and independence I would place beside anyone in the world.

Jackson is the immediate Past President of the Kentucky School Boards Association, and a Trustee for the Kentucky School Boards Insurance Trust. She was on several of the past Education Commissioner's various task forces.

With the exception of Thompson, all of these people have a common thread in ties to either the Board of Education, the past Commisioenr, or the Governor. There is little independence from those units, and I would not anticipate much more than sword rattling in their "investigation."

Birdsfan I will stick with above, not equal to. If that offends, so what. Offending people is something that happens daily on this site.

ladiesbballcoach,

I also strongly disagree with your Prop 20 analogy. It is apples and oranges from where I sit. Either way, if you want to discuss this and Prop 20 please start another thread.

Have no desire to start that debate again.

Just found it interesting that when a group sees the memberships' choices in a manner they don't support being disregarded is it wrong.

But when the memberships' choices are disregarded in a manner they support it is not wrong.

Just found that an interesting point.

That was a board decision. I think you're getting "Board of Education" and "Board of Control" confused. Totally apples and oranges I'm afraid.

Board of Control voted not to support Prop 20 which was past overwhelmingly by the membership of the KHSAA and send it to the KY BOE without their support against the wishes of the members of the KHSAA. They disregarded the wishes of the membership of the KHSAA.

The KY BOE sent it back to the BOC and said, you don't want us to act on this.

Where am I confused on the manner it occurred?

You're confused in thinking that it in any way relates to this particular situation.

I am not saying that Prop 20 fits with this situation.

I am just pointing out that for some it was fine to ignore the wishes of the membership when they did not agree with the views of the membership.

Now that they might agree with a body's memberships views, they don't agree with disregarding the views of the membership.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Board of Control voted not to support Prop 20 which was past overwhelmingly by the membership of the KHSAA and send it to the KY BOE without their support against the wishes of the members of the KHSAA. They disregarded the wishes of the membership of the KHSAA.

The KY BOE sent it back to the BOC and said, you don't want us to act on this.

Where am I confused on the manner it occurred?

LBBC, I've posted this about 15 times, but I'll do it again in case you've missed it. The BOC has a fiduciary duty (set forth in the KHSAA Constitution) to consider each proposal passed by the school delegates. If they feel a proposal is not in the best interest of high school athletics, they must not support the proposal. A majority of the BOC did not feel it was in the best interest of high school athletics so they did not recommend adoption. While that may have bunched the public supers' boxers, the BOC did what it is constitutionally required to do. The BOC is not the rubber stamp of the schools. It is an agent of the BOE and is supposed to answer only to the BOE. Unfortunately the supers forget that and are using their influence over the BOC members elected by the schools to force the BOC to do the super's bidding. Look at it this way, if I own a golf course, hire a general manager to run it and allow people to join the golf course, the general manager answers only to me. He may get the input of the members on issues, but at the end of the day, he does what I tell him to do. If the members don't like it, they can join another golf course. Likewise, if the public supers do not like what the BOC did with proposal 20, they can drop out of the KHSAA and join/form another non-state affiliated athletic association.

What happened with proposal 20 is much, much different than what some on here have speculated occurred with the BOE's selection of the Task Force members. I have no idea if what has been speculated actually occurred.

LBBC, I've posted this about 15 times, but I'll do it again in case you've missed it. The BOC has a fiduciary duty (set forth in the KHSAA Constitution) to consider each proposal passed by the school delegates. If they feel a proposal is not in the best interest of high school athletics, they must not support the proposal. A majority of the BOC did not feel it was in the best interest of high school athletics so they did not recommend adoption. While that may have bunched the public supers' boxers, the BOC did what it is constitutionally required to do. The BOC is not the rubber stamp of the schools. It is an agent of the BOE and is supposed to answer only to the BOE. Unfortunately the supers forget that and are using their influence over the BOC members elected by the schools to force the BOC to do the super's bidding.

What happened with proposal 20 is much, much different than what some on here have speculated occurred with the BOE's selection of the Task Force members. I have no idea if what has been speculated actually occurred.

Yeah -- what he said! ;)

I, too, have been told that Brenda Jackson is a highly competent individual.