NCAA extends 3 point line for 08-09 year

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm willing to be the scoring average goes down significantly during that season. Teams will still be jacking them up, but probably not hitting nearly as many.

Someone mentioned Vandy up the line. Is this good or bad for them?

Also listed in there...

Free Throw Change

The committee also voted to alter its free throw alignment. This change will eliminate the first lane space nearest the basket on each side of the lane and using the present second, third and fourth lane space on each side of the lane as an alignment for free throws.

The three point doesn't bother me, but why are they changing the foul lane? That to me makes no sense.

The three point doesn't bother me, but why are they changing the foul lane? That to me makes no sense.

The rebounder on the first block always gets pushed under the basket. This way they are farther away and that is not as much of a problem.

The rebounder on the first block always gets pushed under the basket. This way they are farther away and that is not as much of a problem.

Agreed. If the guy on the second block knows what he's doing, he has a major advantage over the inside guy.

You know something that I am displeased about? They are keeping the girls' line the same distance as it currently is. Meaning all of those courts are going to have double lines...I hate that.

I do too. I wonder if it will be like that in Rupp? There are some women's games there and the Sweet 16, but that is just a couple of times a year. I wonder if they will be lazy and just leave it like that all year.