Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA extends 3 point line for 08-09 year

Featured Replies

More space for the big boys to bang. Next step expand he lane?

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm willing to be the scoring average goes down significantly during that season. Teams will still be jacking them up, but probably not hitting nearly as many.

 

Someone mentioned Vandy up the line. Is this good or bad for them?

Also listed in there...

 

Free Throw Change

The committee also voted to alter its free throw alignment. This change will eliminate the first lane space nearest the basket on each side of the lane and using the present second, third and fourth lane space on each side of the lane as an alignment for free throws.

 

The three point doesn't bother me, but why are they changing the foul lane? That to me makes no sense.

The only rule change UK experimented with is the charge circle under the basket. That was during the Guardians Classic.

The three point doesn't bother me, but why are they changing the foul lane? That to me makes no sense.

 

The rebounder on the first block always gets pushed under the basket. This way they are farther away and that is not as much of a problem.

The rebounder on the first block always gets pushed under the basket. This way they are farther away and that is not as much of a problem.

 

Agreed. If the guy on the second block knows what he's doing, he has a major advantage over the inside guy.

You know something that I am displeased about? They are keeping the girls' line the same distance as it currently is. Meaning all of those courts are going to have double lines...I hate that.

The only rule change UK experimented with is the charge circle under the basket. That was during the Guardians Classic.

 

The 3 point line was further back for this tournament as well...

You know something that I am displeased about? They are keeping the girls' line the same distance as it currently is. Meaning all of those courts are going to have double lines...I hate that.

 

I hate that too!!!

I think it'll be great for the college great. Maybe we'll see the rebirth of the mid range jump shot.

You know something that I am displeased about? They are keeping the girls' line the same distance as it currently is. Meaning all of those courts are going to have double lines...I hate that.

I do too. I wonder if it will be like that in Rupp? There are some women's games there and the Sweet 16, but that is just a couple of times a year. I wonder if they will be lazy and just leave it like that all year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.