Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA extends 3 point line for 08-09 year

Featured Replies

LINK

 

After years of study and consideration, the Men's Basketball Rules Committee voted to recommend extending the three-point line to 20 feet, 9 inches starting with the 2008-09 season.

 

Here we go!

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have been over this before. I do not like it. I believe if it aint broke then why fix it. I think the NCAA should have experimented with this in the early season tourneys first before implementing it into a fulltime rule.

We have been over this before. I do not like it. I believe if it aint broke then why fix it. I think the NCAA should have experimented with this in the early season tourneys first before implementing it into a fulltime rule.

Various early season tournaments have been experimenting with it for a few years now...

Various early season tournaments have been experimenting with it for a few years now...

 

Which ones have? I cant remember any. Has UK done this at all?

Great!! The old line is to close, but I hope they leave High School the way it is. Most players shoot from that far out anyway.

Which ones have? I cant remember any. Has UK done this at all?

I'm not sure of specifics and I'll see what I can find when I get home. I know I've seen it used several times over the last two years...

Also listed in there...

 

Free Throw Change

The committee also voted to alter its free throw alignment. This change will eliminate the first lane space nearest the basket on each side of the lane and using the present second, third and fourth lane space on each side of the lane as an alignment for free throws.

I am so glad they are changing the 3 point line... it is way too close right now, imo.

Which ones have? I cant remember any. Has UK done this at all?

 

I pretty sure UK did two years ago in the tournament where we lost to Iowa and then beat West Virginia. I just remember for that tourmament we played our first two games at Rupp and it had that new 3 point line for it...

Replacing lines for tournaments would not be a great idea. Consider the cost of sanding, removing paint and refinishing, just for a couple of games?!

Replacing lines for tournaments would not be a great idea. Consider the cost of sanding, removing paint and refinishing, just for a couple of games?!

I dont think too many schools would worry much about the cost.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.