NCAA extends 3 point line for 08-09 year

I, too, thinks its long overdue...The current distance is just too close... I dont like it when anyone and everyone can make a 3, it takes away from its importance. I've seen alot of decent teams beat very good teams because they got hot from the arc, Vandy comes to mind, and if they change it, at least those decent teams will have accomplished something.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been experimented with in various early season tournaments over the past few years. I think this is a much needed change! The 3 point line goes unchanged from grade school to high school to college...

It has been experimented with in various early season tournaments over the past few years. I think this is a much needed change! The 3 point line goes unchanged from grade school to high school to college...

I have seen grade school kids who can hit it fairly consistently. It should be moved back after high school.

UK was in the Maui Invitational when they experimented with it.

Are you sure about that? Because I dont remember the line being any different this year when the played in the Maui, but it was different for the tournament they played in the year before but that was not the Maui..

Long over due. I just wish that they went the international line to get College players used to it so we could be competitve in the olympics. That or get the international guys to move theirs back to 20'9"

I don't think too many schools would worry much about the cost.
Once approved, most schools will simply add a new line, since the womens distance will remain the same and many, play on the same floor.

Just a matter of re-working, during the summer months and then sealing floor.