The New York Yankees

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time they lost seven in a row was in 2000. Oh, they did win the World Series that year. If they were playing like this in September then I would be very worried but it is still early and I have seen them down farther than this in my lifetime and still come back.

The last time they lost seven in a row was in 2000. Oh, they did win the World Series that year. If they were playing like this in September then I would be very worried but it is still early and I have seen them down farther than this in my lifetime and still come back.

Exactly...it's only April. With the way A-Rod and the offense is playing, you get them some pitching and get everyone healthy and the Yanks will be in first by the end of May.

Exactly...it's only April. With the way A-Rod and the offense is playing, you get them some pitching and get everyone healthy and the Yanks will be in first by the end of May.

Flip the page, the next time the Yankees play it'll be May and they'll still be in last place, for the first time since 1985. The Red Sox took 2 out of 3 at the Stadium against 2 of the Yankees best (Pettitte and Wang) sure the Yankees will get Mussina back but the Red Sox will also add Jon Lester this week which will push Tavarez back to the bullpen where he's much more effective. Plus the Sox haven't had to grind their bullpen down to a nub like the Yankees have. That'll tell come August and September. For all of you who are counting on getting Clemens and Harden you might want to think again. Clemens may or may not sign, either way he's a 5-6 inning pitcher now, that'll help that overworked bullpen and the A's aren't trading Harden as long as they are in the race. Call Boston the Cry Sox or trumpet your championships but here are the facts. Since the Red Sox changed ownership Boston is now 49-47 against the Yankees since the start of the 2003 season including the playoffs. In that time both teams have won a playoff series against the other and only the Red Sox have won a World Series. Its a new era, we won't be bowing down to y'all any more.

The Yanks had another pitcher go down last night. They get Mussina back tommorrow I believe. Everytime they start to get someone healthy they lose someone else. All of this imo will start to settle and turn around and they will be right back in the thick of things as always.

The Yanks have 4 pitchers on the DL. They'll be fine when everyone gets back. Offensively they're doing fine.

One of those pitchers is Pavano, are you really counting on him coming back? Everything should be fine now, they fired their conditioning coach today so that should immediately start a long winning streak.....:jump: