The New York Yankees

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wang's already back.....

Face it, a rotation of Wang, Pettite, Mussina, Igwawa, and Hughes just isn't good enough to win a division. The glaring weakness that is the Yankees pitching has already been exposed. If they are able to make some moves (it'll take more than the Rocket), to get the hurlers on track I say, yes they're the team to beat in the AL East, but if they don't do that, there is no way they make the playoffs.

It's only April...If you're going to judge a couple starts by each pitcher and say they're just not good enough to win a division when injuries, trades and other moves are going to happen, well that just makes me :lol:

It's only April...If you're going to judge a couple starts by each pitcher and say they're just not good enough to win a division when injuries, trades and other moves are going to happen, well that just makes me :lol:

:thumb: :thumb: The Yankees are the Yankees and they will be there, if not the East champions "Again ":ylsuper: the will make the playoffs as the wc. I am stickng with my prediction of the Yanks winning the East.

Major changes.... you mean they try to get some pitching? I love how the Yankees just try and open the check book to fix their problems. INSTEAD of taking a Brewer/Marlin approach and actually develop some talent in their farm system.

Imo the Yankees are making efforts to develop their farm system and you can see that by the young guys on the team now. I really think that the "Boss" just might make some moves and do what he has to do to win but the "farm" and the developing of players is just fine. Don't be suprised if someone comes up from their minors and makes a difference beforte the season is done.

They do this every year, and every year they end up making it. My prediction for this year is that they get Roger Clemens to come back to them, and they get someone at the trade deadline, and then they end up winning the division again by a game over the Red Sox...

Preach on brother... The yanks have always and will always get it done and make the playoffs... Look for Roger Clemens and Harden from the A's to be in the rotation and for A-Rod to be the AL MVP.

Preach on brother... The yanks have always and will always get it done and make the playoffs... Look for Roger Clemens and Harden from the A's to be in the rotation and for A-Rod to be the AL MVP.

Yeah, go out and get a pitcher that hasn't been healthy for about 2 1/2 years....that'll fix their problems....

I just heard on espn that a "source" has informed them that if the Red Sox sweep the Yanks again this weekend then Torre's job is in serious question. What else is new with "the Boss" :D ? Anyones job is always in question with him. Imo if this comes to be then Torre will be taking the fall for having to deal with a injury riddled starting pitching staff and an overworked/failed bullpen. That is the way it is in the "Pinstripe Nation" though.

Just a thought, IF Torre is let go might I suggest that the Reds front office calls him immediately if not sooner :D . Torre to Cincy sounds good to me .:ylsuper: :ylsuper: