Dunn's Contract Situation

You can add Griffey, Bonds, Sheffield, McGwire...etc, etc...to that list.

I never said you couldn't. :D

And I can't stand watching them up to bat with the shift on. A bunt is such a simple part of the game, especially for a lefty to lay one down the 3rd base line. It's not like they have to cradle the pitch with the bat. They can basically slap at it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can add Griffey, Bonds, Sheffield, McGwire...etc, etc...to that list.

Watching Jr this year? Thom B made a point that Jr is hitting the ball to LF.

It was to the point that the Dbacks didn't shift on Jr. as he hit a ball to normal 3B and I thought hit and lo and behold there was the 3B playing in his normal position.

I never said you couldn't. :D

And I can't stand watching them up to bat with the shift on. A bunt is such a simple part of the game, especially for a lefty to lay one down the 3rd base line. It's not like they have to cradle the pitch with the bat. They can basically slap at it.

Bro, it makes my skin crawl... :madman:

Yep. Those guys very rarely hit the ball on the ground that way, it's usually a fly ball. Their spray chart indicates that they don't hit it much on the ground to oppo...

And it's hard to tell if he's trying to hit it to left, or if it's more a matter of not having his timing back along with a sore hand.

And why can't anyone teach the Reds' pitchers how to bunt? :irked:
they sure can pop it up well.

Being a small little quick lefty when I was younger (and by that I mean WAY younger) I realize the importance of laying down a little drag bunt. The ability to do that is why I led off for most of my younger days.

Fair, however, will he be hitting 2nd when Griffey is somewhere else? I don't think so. He'll be hitting 3rd / 4th. Forget assigning a dollar value, the numbers are so perverse it makes it impossible. However, compare the back of the baseball cards for Soriano, Carlos Lee, and Dunn and see what you get. Then look at their new contracts.....he's going to get paid near that level by someone. Is he "worth" $15 million? Is anyone, really?

I go back and forth w/ myself about Dunn all of the time. I'll give you that everyone is not "worth" what they make. But many people believe that Dunn will put up better numbers if he hits 2nd all the time. I'm not sure it matters where he hits, but if he gets paid $15M by a small market team he better hit 3rd or 4th. I have a feeling that EE is going to be the run producer on that team for the next 3-5 years....Soriano got an obscene amount of money from a team throwing out an obscene amount of money. His team has Lee or Ramirez to drive him in. The way I look at it is I'm not sure I want my favorite team paying that much money for a guy that I feel will not come through when it most matters. There are at least 10 other people in the NL that I would want at the plate w/ a guy on 1st and 2nd w/ 2 outs, or a guy on 3rd w/ less than 2 outs. I'm just not sure if I would give him that kind of money.....And I know they can't replace his production w/ 1 player.

And I know they can't replace his production w/ 1 player.
I agree with this, and I think if they went out and got a Grady Sizemore type guy (which i'm aware there may not be another one like him) then they could afford to not have Dunn.

Althought I'd love to have both.

And why can't anyone teach the Reds' pitchers how to bunt? :irked:

They learn how to bunt it would only help themselves, sacirfices but runners in scoring postion, the more runners you put in scoring postion, the more runs you will likely score.