Gerald Henderson

Hangman

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are two of my LEAST favorite teams so I can give a completely unbiased view on this issue. (not that anyone else has given a biased opinion:scared: ). Tyler was accidently hit. The replays show the Duke player's head is turned and he is going for the ball. If you watch it at regular speed from behind the basket, it DOES look like it could be flagrant. Both the announcers, after repeated replays from all angles, could not believe he was ejected. The best view is from the center court angle and you can see everyone is going for the ball.

No one can read a person's mind; but I have seen flagrant fouls this was unintentional in my opinion. I bet we hear more from both players later agreeing on this issue.

While I respect some of you that say it was an accident, I completely disagree. I play a lot of basketball and I've never tried to block a shot with my forearm. He delivered a blow. His suspension is warranted. It was a cheap shot.

If he was trying to block a shot, his arm would have been up, hand open. Even if you try to make the argument that he saw the ball come loose, it is STILL an unnatural move for someone who was attempting to block a shot. The forearm blow that delivered is not any part of any attempted block. He did exactly what he wanted to do and that was to deliver a blow. Billy Packer , again, was wrong in his feeble attempt to write it off and in his attempt to blame the officials. He should be embarrassed to even mention anything about TH still being in the game as if it was somehow Roy's fault.

Hard fouls are one thing. I'm all for hard fouls. I like hard fouls. Cheap shots, especially as vicious as this one, are uncalled for and deserve retailation somewhere down the road regardless of how Coach K and/or Henderson try to come off as "it was simply an accident."

While I respect some of you that say it was an accident, I completely disagree. I play a lot of basketball and I've never tried to block a shot with my forearm. He delivered a blow. His suspension is warranted. It was a cheap shot.

If he was trying to block a shot, his arm would have been up, hand open. Even if you try to make the argument that he saw the ball come loose, it is STILL an unnatural move for someone who was attempting to block a shot. The forearm blow that delivered is not any part of any attempted block. He did exactly what he wanted to do and that was to deliver a blow. Billy Packer , again, was wrong in his feeble attempt to write it off and in his attempt to blame the officials. He should be embarrassed to even mention anything about TH still being in the game as if it was somehow Roy's fault.

Hard fouls are one thing. I'm all for hard fouls. I like hard fouls. Cheap shots, especially as vicious as this one, are uncalled for and deserve retailation somewhere down the road regardless of how Coach K and/or Henderson try to come off as "it was simply an accident."

Exactly...

I don't think he was trying to block a shot, just slap it out of the area... There was a huge scramble for the ball.

Maybe it was intentional, but it didn't look it at my first observation... I haven't seen it since the game was on, so I don't even remember everything that was going on.

Well you are in the minority in this case. We won't agree....there is no way that Henderson purposely tried to elbow Hanbrough in the mouth...it simply doesn't make sense, and the video confirms it.

I will say this, it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if TH kept possession of the ball when he was going up. Unfortunately we won't get that opportunity.

The more and more I watch the video the more I think this was an accident. Do I think Henderson wanted to give TH a hard foul, yes. However the ball popped out and I beleive that Henderson's hands were going after that ball. His elbow came around because his hands were going in the direction of the ball.

I will say this, it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if TH kept possession of the ball when he was going up. Unfortunately we won't get that opportunity.

The more and more I watch the video the more I think this was an accident. Do I think Henderson wanted to give TH a hard foul, yes. However the ball popped out and I beleive that Henderson's hands were going after that ball. His elbow came around because his hands were going in the direction of the ball.

Sounds reasonable to me.

It was at the very beginning of the play.

Huh? It was at the very beginning of what play? The other two guys' arms were up in the air, Henderson's were not...

On top of that, it's tough to catch a ball that you're "going after" when your hand is in a fist...