Gerald Henderson

Hangman

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised something like this hasn't happened to Hansbrough before. As much as he pump fakes and goes up with two arms, he leaves himself vulnerable to hard fouls. This looked to be nothing more than a hard foul by a frustrated player.

I'm surprised something like this hasn't happened to Hansbrough before. As much as he pump fakes and goes up with two arms, he leaves himself vulnerable to hard fouls. This looked to be nothing more than a hard foul by a frustrated player.

I agree:thumb:

Just like Noah and the Florida starters, the NC starters should have been pulled way before they were. When you get into dunking and chest thumping,etc. things happen. Don't think Henderson's was intentional, but am sure things are said that only the players know about.

I posted this on the game thread but it seems to fit this discussion better:

Yeah, I don't think he went in there with the intention of hitting him in the face like that. I do, however think he intended to slam something pretty hard and wasn't too concerned with wether he got the ball or not. He's not the first person to get frustrated it just so happened that his elbow hit Hansbrough in the face. If it had been a body blow there probably would have been a little bit of woofing and that would have been the end of it. The problem was where the blow landed. He just came in there too hard, if that had happened to one of us in a pickup game I'm pretty sure we'd be upset whether the blow hit us in the head or the body--baketball is a physical sport it was just excessive. That's a hard lesson for the freshman to learn, hopefully he'll grow from it. I've never seen or heard anything out of him that would lead me to believe he's a dirty player. He made a mistake, like I said before I blame the coaches as much as anyone for having those guys in the game at that point.