Why is it that you love high school football so much?

kydlineguy

I love high school football because of what my son gained from it and how much he loved it. But, it's more than just high school football, it's every team he played on from 3rd grade flag to his last days on the Trinity team. He absolutely lived and breathed football, and if not for the lessons learned throughout all those years, taught by many different coaches, I'm not sure how well he'd have adjusted to having his football days cut short. As it is, thanks to some very special coaches and teammates he has found ways to make lemonade out of lemons and never regret a day of his life that he was involved in football.

Great Post here rm! :thumb: As for me I love the h.s. game for what it stands for. I couldn't imagine life in Raceland, Ky. without h.s. football. Like other posters and alums from other schools............ in Raceland it is a requrement to be a citizen of the communities of Raceland/Wothington (there would probably be a enourmous tax hike to non fans :D ) and a graduation requirement from RHS, now RWHS as well.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sound of those cleats hitting that hard concrete and then onto the track is something I love to hear. The look the players get and that sound make LC football something great.

:thumb: :thumb: I agree, everyone here at Raceland looks foward to that sound also. Raceland is a Football town as it is in Louisa/Lawrence Co.

Click, Klack................I think they hear us coming. :ylsuper:

(one of my favorite commercials)

The reason why I love football is watching my son play ball and the excitement watching him play. The tense moments you have playing a rival team and coming home with victory. Our son has gained strengh and power and all he thinks, eat's and sleeps is football and weight lifting. I hope he keeps the attitude he has now and applies to life he will go far.

• 2 weeks later...

Simply because it's High School. All you ever hear about is what your parents, their siblings and friends used to do in high school. Everyone can attend High School, but everyone doens't attend college.

The lights, band, crowd, student body, hype from the paper all week, friendly rival, hatred, school districts, part of town, generations, colors, and most of all, PRIDE.

• 2 weeks later...

Football fullfills a need instilled in man since the beginning of time. The need to compete, to prove you are faster, stronger and better than "other men". In the "hunter gatherer" days the women flocked to the strongest men because they increased their changes of survival and could provide protection and sustinance better for their offspring. When we became a "civilized" society and every day was no longer survival of the fittest men only had wars to fill that need, then man discovered sport and fullfilled his need.

Lombardi said it best "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, his greatest fulfillment of all he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."

This is such a great post to reply to but as many have already said,this is why i like high school football,it takes kids and coaches togeather,and they make what they become,Coaches takes kids that may not do well in class and they stay in school just because the coach lets them see they can fit in,and lots without a very good home life with parents or having NO parent s and coaches makes them feel wanted,i know i seen this done and thats a credit to all GOOD coaches we i must say we have lots good coaches here in state of KY and here in Eastern Ky.,but then lookin at another side of the coin u take a kid thats not an athlete and put him on a football team ,they get ta see what teamworks about and heck they buy into the word "team work" and when he become a senior ,you wonder how it happen this kid couldnt have made it in any other sport because he just wasnt the athletic type and u know what the Kid did he just bought in to the team work system,and that another thing our coaches preach is teamwork,and i have to say going on friday nites and watching High School football is what i truely love because i see kids that (most)do not the talent to be out there playing but hard work and dedicating themself make them a better student,person and player,and to wanta be there doing something worth while and wanting too WIN is something as a Dad,an Fan of the game,and someone who loves kids, enjoy seeing in our High school sports as a whole is well worth it,so I am ready for the lites to be turned on on the fields on friday nite ,and hear "QB is back ready to pass and balls in the air TD, Touchdown or ihe hands the ball off up the middle,Touchdown","Touchdown "!!!! , or "WoW", what a "HIT" did u hear that "NOW thats music to my ears" and just a few GOOD reason I love high school football!!! I hope all teams have a great year in Ky High School Football and i hope to getta see lots of good mountian Football, and yes i might say,GO BREATHITT CO. BOBCATS!!!!!

Its driving through downtown Pikeville and seeing a big "GO Panthers" sign plastered on every store front. Its the bonfire the night before the Belfry game. Its knowing that no matter how much you bled or how much your knees and ankles hurt now as a direct result of it. It was worth every bit of it. Its knowing that no matter how brief the time was, there was a time in your life when you were part of something great. You didnt do it for the money and now, years later, the memories are priceless.