Why is it that you love high school football so much?

kydlineguy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The feeling of everyone getting focused while tryin to suit up for the big one, and hearing the coaches discuss the gameplan off in the distance. When it came down to the pregame prayer/speech...you knew right then and there that it was time to show everyone just what you could do on the grass. You heard everyone start cheering for ya, and then you took the field. There is no substitute for glory....and only the finest few got to experience these moments. My friends did some amazing things on that field....I was honored to watch..and then ask them about their feats later.

High school football is such an educational tool it would be impossible for me to list all the positives about it, but I will list the high lights.

Football is the best sport ever invented, it takes 11 players at a time working together, and doing different things, for a team to succeed. The ultimate team sport.

If you have a great basketball player, he can play any position on the court. If you have a great baseball player, he can play any position on the field. This is not necessarily so for football: you can have a great QB, and he would make a terrible RB, or a great Lineman, who could not be a RB. You could have a great LB who would be a horrible DL. That is what makes football so great, you have to have a lot of different people with different gifts, weather it be QB, RB, or linemen. And they are all specialized position, not interchangeable.

The lessons young men learn from football are invaluable. They learn to be self-motivated, self-disciplined, to be a leader, to be a team player, how to take direction, to be accountable, how to be goal oriented, and they learn to improvise/adapt/and overcome.

Young men learn from the struggle. We as adults sometimes harp on winning, or getting a college scholarship, but the players learn from the struggle. They learn to prepare all year for a sport that is nine months away, to practice all week in preparation for a game, then leave everything they have on the field in an attempt to fulfill their goal of beating another team. All the while depending on ten other players to do their job, and ten other players depending on them to do theirs.

"There is no greater feeling then to be laying on the field of battle exhausted, victorious."

-Vince Lambardi

I have noticed over the years that former football players watch a game differently from people who did not play football. When I am with people who did not play football I get mad at them because, they do not understand what is happening in the minds of the players. They do not understand when I say that that play was the turning point in the game, when I say that one team just gave up, when I say this is a momentum swing. If you did not play football, you will not understand these things. If you played football you feel what the players feel, you know what they are thinking at a certain point in the game. Just because your playing days are over, you don't stop being a player. That is the reason I love high school football

There is NOTHING like being on a high school football team. If you play football in HS, it will be the most remembered point in your life.

Agreed, its something that never leaves you and leaves you wanting more. The love and emotion the kids show is why I'll never stop watching.

There is NOTHING like being on a high school football team. If you play football in HS, it will be the most remembered point in your life.

I guess it always leaves the player wanting more. Just one more game, or just one more play...it isnt fair for the players' feelings when the curtain finally closes.

I could never express the feelings of brotherhood and togetherness that I felt throughout my 9 years of playing football....High school football was so much better because the guys I had played with/against all my life had come together to be on the same team, and those guys are my best friends today...No other feeling like feeling as if you cant go another play, like you're beaten down, but knowing your partner right next to you in the huddle feels the same, and you both keep going...

I could never express the feelings of brotherhood and togetherness that I felt throughout my 9 years of playing football....High school football was so much better because the guys I had played with/against all my life had come together to be on the same team, and those guys are my best friends today...No other feeling like feeling as if you cant go another play, like you're beaten down, but knowing your partner right next to you in the huddle feels the same, and you both keep going...

:thumb: :thumb: