Attention Bluegrassprepers!

theguru

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by LC99

Guru

What happen to the spell check that was on here a long time ago? Is there anyway of adding it back?

No there is not, the contract between the two companies ran out.

Also, I don't like spell check because it makes it a little harder to tell which members are worth or not worth paying attention to.:cool:

Originally posted by nWo

Look, I just asked a question. This is no joking matter. We are serious about this.

Don't make me point out all the mistakes in the moderators' posts!!! You too MCCalum...I know I'll get censored for this, but you are guilty as well big time!!!!

Originally posted by Panther4life

:laugh: :laugh:

Personally, I think it's wonderful!!! You have no idea how much the "their" and "there" mix-up gets on my nerves.....

Not to mention they're, your and you're!! Moderators and administrators are guilty of this as well!!! So if you never see me again it is for pointing this out!!!

Originally posted by Mtnfootballfan

Don't make me point out all the mistakes in the moderators' posts!!! You too MCCalum...I know I'll get censored for this, but you are guilty as well big time!!!!

You are missing the point, no one is saying perfection is the standard but we do expect some effort.

We have had a handful of posters posting messages on a 3rd grade level (at best) and several others were starting to follow their lead.

It's a slippery slope.

Like password and Guru have said, apparently some people are not understanding the spirit of this rule.

I think the rule is not to shut down a thread if someone types "their" or "thier" "theyre" or instead of "they're", or has a few common typo's or spelling mistakes.

It's to avoid the 500 word posts that don't have a single period, comma or colan in them -- no punctuation marks whatsoever. Those same posts are usually the posts without a single capital letter in them, and a ton of spelling errors. These posts appear quite a bit, and are often times borderline incoherent.

At least that's how I interpret this new rule.

Originally posted by BluegrassFootballFan

Like password and Guru have said, apparently some people are not understanding the spirit of this rule.

I think the rule is not to shut down a thread if someone types "their" or "thier" "theyre" or instead of "they're", or has a few common typo's or spelling mistakes.

It's to avoid the 500 word posts without a single period, comma, colan -- no punctuation marks whatsoever. Those same post are usually the posts without a single capital letter in them, and a ton of spelling errors. These posts appear quite a bit, and are often times borderline incoherent.

Sounds good BFF!!!:thumb:

Originally posted by BluegrassFootballFan

It's to avoid the 500 word posts that don't have a single period, comma or colan in them -- no punctuation marks whatsoever. Those same posts are usually the posts without a single capital letter in them, and a ton of spelling errors. These posts appear quite a bit, and are often times borderline incoherent.

Exactly!

Originally posted by 6Warriors

I agree. Some of the threads were getting to be a challenge. I hope that is due more to an enthusiastic poster than my tax dollars not working hard enough:jump:

:lol:

I think some are overreacting to this new rule. It's fairly simple in my opinion. Theguru and the mod's don't want to be an English teacher and have to grade papers as a sidejob. Just take an extra minute and a half of your time to type out a complete sentence or thought.

I seriously doubt anybody is going to get too upset over a typo or 2.

Originally posted by RebFan21

Come on now take into consideration we live in KY. Be gentle.

Also, bear in mind that it is now harder to become a teacher in the state of Kentucky than just about anywhere else in the nation. You need at least 150 field hours of observation time before you can student teach, not to mention all the areas of certification required. ;)