Attention Bluegrassprepers!

theguru

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by bellalumni40

I know that usually if I see a post that is poorly spelled, capitalized, or punctuated, I usually skip over that post b/c I feel that no good thought could come from that post.

I am the same way...

Spelling something wrong, is not what were going at. But spelling several words wrong and no punctuation in the same thread just looks poor. We are all adults and know what is good enough to leave out there and what is not. This doesn't have to be a big deal. It will just be another edge BGP's has over all the other boards out there.

Originally posted by MDN

I bet the Mods didn't expect this kind of reaction.

And I wonder how many times the posts in this thread we re-read for mistakes before the "Submit" button whas clicked? ;)

Can't speak for everyone else but I always read what I have typed before I hit the submit button. Several times I will read something I have posted and say "I spelled this wrong I need to edit that." Then of course go back and edit it.

All we are asking is put a little effort into what you are posting and don't just do it half way. Make it so everyone does not have to read a post a dozen times just to understand what you are trying to say.

I don't see what the big deal is. Its not exactly rocket science. It does make the process of communicating a thought much easier and clearer to the reader. I think it will clear up many misinterpretations that are a result of poor grammatical efforts. I like it. :creepy: