Everything posted by WildcatFanatic
-
2007 2A Football
Don't forget about Corbin and Somerset having great games in the past as well as Middlesboro and Somerset, along with Middlesboro and Leslie County. This district is sort of the best of both worlds. It's a blast from the past for the Jackets with Corbin and Somerset, and the new kids on the block with Leslie County and Knott County Central. With Leslie being a talented team, Middlesboro not losing much, Somerset being tough year in and year out and Corbin getting of to a slow start with a fast finish, this district will be a dog fight to find out who get's what playoff position. My Projections: 1st. My Gut says Middlesboro, my head says Corbin 2nd. again my gut says Somerset, but my head says Leslie County 3rd. my gut says Corbin, but my head says Somerset 4th. my gut say Leslie County, but my head says Middlesboro And the main reason I put Middlesboro so low is the lack of size (NOT HEART) of the QB next year, Eddie Gilbert.
-
Middlesboro (11-1) at Belfry (10-2)
Go US 58 east to Jonesville, and you will probally want to continue on 58 past Lee County high till you get to Norton and you should reach US 23. Go north on 23 till you see the exit for US-119. Go right on US 119 for 22 miles, and you should see Belfry HS on the right from what I understand.
-
Middlesboro (11-1) at Belfry (10-2)
How would I compare it to the 2003 team? Less size on the line, more talent and speed in the skill area!!! Go Jackets!!!
-
Middlesboro (11-1) at Belfry (10-2)
orisonpi, I would love to see passing/receiving stats for both teams. I see this being a close game, with Belfry going up early, but Middlesboro making a stand on Defense late in the game and using the air attack to pull off the upset 28-21. Wish I could go to this game. GO JACKETS!!!!!
-
Leslie @ Middlesboro II
Now I am not going to dog Leslie County. I have great respect for that team. They have to be really tough to be able to go into Jackson, Ky and pull off the upset against Breathitt County. But I think Middlesboro has to many weapons for Leslie to count for. Especially on offense. You got Hoskins throwing and running the ball, you have Earls, Russell, Bowlling, and Ford running the ball, and you have Earls, Breeding, Ford, Adams, and others catching the ball. Howard is a great player, but one player can't handle all of Middlesboro's power and speed.
-
Leslie @ Middlesboro II
Update on Hunter Adams: Hunter is alright and should play Friday night. Middlesboro hospital did x-rays and said that he had a cracked bone in his foot. They took Hunter to Knoxville and they said that he had a high ankle sprain and that the "cracked bone" was his growth plate!!! Middlesboro ARH can really stink sometimes. Sheezzzze.
-
Leslie @ Middlesboro II
As far as Friday night goes, I agree with 13th. If it stays dry, and they can get the field in good condition, it could be a very long night for the Eagles. They may soar in, but they might be walking out. I think Middlesboro uses it's team speed to overwhelm the Eagles. MHS 35-14.
-
Leslie @ Middlesboro II
Ford had some ankle problems still, but he mainly sat out the 2nd half to rest for this week. As for Earls, he WILL be back for this Friday night (barring injury at practice). Hunter's condition is questionable for what I understood. They thought it might just be a sprained ligament or ankle, but Hunter did say he heard a "pop", and that had Donnie Grigsby a bit concerned. I'll see what I can do about getting somekind of update on Hunter Adams. I think they were going to take him to the DR to get X-rays to check it out, but I'm not sure about that.
-
Middlesboro 21 Leslie CO 6
Casey should be alright, if not for this week's game, then definately for Breathitt/Leslie County. He went out with a sore hip, sort of a hip pointer. But he's to good of an athlete to be out long.
-
MIddlesboro 57 Breathitt County 42
Ok if it's a three way tie (doubt it will be, but IF it is) here is the situation. You count the wins for any 4 teams you have played except the tied teams and INCLUDING teams out of state to see if that point system breaks the tie. Middlesboro -> Harlan (7pts), Lynn Camp (3pts), Corbin (4pts), & Knoxville Central (7pts) total of 24pts Someone else can figure out Leslie and breathitt. But you can check the KHSAA website to confirm out of state teams. I think Middlesboro will probally win on points thanks to Harlan and Knoxville Central. Leslie County ->
-
Stats through week 8
Can anyone put the stat leaders on here? I seen where someone posted the AP poll for this week, but I'm curious about the stat leaders.
-
Harlan vs. Middlesboro
Middlesboro will not play Bell County anymore for a couple of reasons, the main one I will not speculate about. I have a good feeling that it is true, but I don't want to start any rumors on here. But if you look anymore, there isn't many teams in SE Kentucky that will play Bell outside of their district. But let's move this to another thread and get talking about Middlesboro vs Harlan again!! I still think this will be a tight game in the 1st half, mainly because Middlesboro is famous for it's slow starts, but the Jackets will break it open in the 2nd half and will win big. GO JACKETS!!!!:laugh: :dancingpa
-
Harlan vs. Middlesboro
OK here's what's going to happen. Middlesboro and Harlan will be a very tight game for the first half, with the Jackets going into the lockeroom with a 7-6 lead. The Jackets will get a stop in the first drive of the 3rd quarter, score off the punt return, get the stop again, score on the 3rd play, and then get a turnover, put it in on the 2nd play, and the game will be over from there. Look for Middlesboro to win big, 42-14, with Harlan's 2nd TD comming on the JV. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of respect for Harlan, but I think Middlesboro is to much on a roll, and has to much speed to contend with. If Middlesboro doesn't look ahead to Breathitt County and hangs onto the ball, it will be a long night for the Green Dragons.
-
Corbin vs Middlesboro
I will ask Coach Allen (Middlesboro Middle Coach) about this incident, and I will report on what is said when I get a chance Monday.
-
Pikeville/Bell County next year?
I have not heard any information about the bowl being canceled, but I will ask Kenny Roark or somebody about it tonight at the game.
-
Corbin vs Middlesboro
Give the Jackets the advantage in this one, but it's going to be close. I say Middlesboro 28 Corbin 21. GO JACKETS!!!!!!
-
Lynn Camp vs. Middlesboro
IF Lynn Camp can run the ball, and IF they have the speed to compete with the Jackets on both sides of the ball, it could be a good game, especially if both teams come to play. IF Middlesboro comes to play, and Lynn Camp doesn't, it will be a long night for the UNhappy Campers. IF they don't come out ready to play, it will be a long trip home for the Jackets and their fans. I say Middlesboro 21 Lynn Camp 7. Hey does anyone here still remember the Fog Bowl that year at the old field? Talk about pea soup!
-
Ohio vs. USA: De Lasalle vs. Cincinnati Elder
Wow what a lineup, especially for next year. This might be worth checking out! I wish I was closer to CINCY than what I am.
-
Somerset Coach Cries Foul On New Alignment
How is this going to put a strain on smaller schools? Most of the smaller schools are in rural areas, and usually there are plenty of schools around that can play that level, and that will cut down on travel time, and may in fact increase gates. FYE: District 1-7 - Cumberland, Evarts, Harlan, Hazard, Jenkins, Pineville. Cumberland, Evarts, Harlan, & Pineville all are within a pratical hop, skip, and a jump from each other and all are traditional rivals with each other. As for Hazard and Jenkins, Jenkins isn't to far up the road from Cumberland, so that won't be so bad, and if you cut up through Whitesburg (if you don't mind Hwy 119 from Cumberland to Whitesburg) you can go straight up into Hazard in about 20 minutes (rough guess). Seems to me like it's a good deal there. District 1-8 - Allen Central, Betsy Layne, Paintsville, Phelps, Pikeville, South Floyd. All these teams are right there in the Pikeville area, and probally won't make much of a long trip for any of these schools. District 2-8 - Corbin, Knott Central, Leslie Co., Middlesboro, Somerset. Corbin to Middlesboro, one hour, Corbin to Leslie County, one hour (aprox), Middlesboro to Leslie, fourtyfive (45) minutes, Middlesboro to Somerset, about an hour and thirty minutes. Corbin to Somerset, maybe fourtyfive minutes. Doesn't sound like a real long trip for these teams, the only team that it doesn't make sense for in this district is Knott Central.
-
Somerset Coach Cries Foul On New Alignment
Very good point. While I can understand scheduling some of the easy games near the end (to give your teams rest before the playoff run) and some of the hard games near the end (gives your team time to come together and work out all the kinks), I really don't understand why people wait until the end of their schedule to play their district games. I don't think you should schedule them the first couple of games either, but you've got 11 weeks to schedule 4 games and a bye week. Why not use the middle part of the schedule to get most of the district games in, and save like the big battle for the end.
-
Proposed 6 Class alignment (from KHSAA)
I like this district except for having Knott County Central in it. And putting Somerset, Corbin, and Middlesboro in the same district will renew some very good, and sometimes intense rivalries from the 70's and 80's. Leslie County has a very good program getting going again, and should be competetive in the district. I just think that having a very weak team like Knott County, who is on the other side of Hazard doesn't work. You are looking at about an 2 1/2 travel time for both Middlesboro and Somerset just for a district game, and that's a long way to travel for some fans. I haven't been able to look at the full class 2 A listing yet, but I hope to be able to soon. These computers at my new job stink!
-
Who else do you root for?
Ummm.. Lucy, you gots some 'xplainin to do!!!! What happend to you? Did you hit your head? I can't belive that you didn't list Middlesboro on here.
-
Who else do you root for?
First, anyone who knows me that I am straight up Yellow and Black! GO MIDDLESBORO YELLOW JACKETS!!!! After that, I'll root for the following. 1. Pineville (when they don't play MHS) 2. Cumberland Gap (TN) 3. Rockcastle County (simply because I like Statman Hensley!) 4. Thomas Walker (VA)
-
Class 2A, Region 4 Poll
Thanks Mountain Top 5 and Southeast Bell for your information on the Jackets. I used it to put together the football preview for Middlesboro. I'm working on Bell County's today.
-
13th region championship
Congratulations on a great victory South Laurel. Also cudos goto the Yellow Jackets on a great year! Middlesboro will be tough to beat next year if they don't loose anyone. Good luck in the Semi-State SL, Bring it home for the 13th Region!!!