Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pikeville/Bell County next year?

Featured Replies

That's what I am hearing. I'm not in the loop, but it came from the loop. Anyone???

Pikeville is building a rep for taking on all comers during the regular season. Bell Co is a great addition to their schedule.

 

And if it is in the Pike Co Bowl, that would be great. Pikeville/Bell and Belfry/Corbin, that should be two good matchups.

That's what I am hearing. I'm not in the loop, but it came from the loop. Anyone???

But I hear you are the clamp that holds the loop together.:D

You can never go wrong in the PCB with scheduling any of the SE powers. Corbin, Bell Co., Middlesboro, and Rockcastle Co. are always good opponents.

 

The Bobcats travel well judging from the fans they brought a couple years ago when Bell Co. came to Prestonsburg.

 

:thumb:

That's what I am hearing. I'm not in the loop, but it came from the loop. Anyone???

 

Pikeville was working with several schools about playing in the remaining open weeks we have before we heard that Bell needed games. Once things are confirmed or things fall through in those discussions, we've told Bell we'd get back with them. So there MIGHT be a regular season game with Bell if one of the other teams we're working with can't make the home-away work out.

 

Invitations had been extended to a couple of schools for the Pike County Bowl a while back. One school showed the most interest and they get "right of first refusal." If that happens and Bell is open week 1, it would be great to discuss PCB with them. I believe it's great to play well-coached teams with good tradition that are REALLY good to expose your weaknesses early in the season.

Pikeville and Bell could be a good option. Bell cant get Middlesbro and Corbin to play them anymore, so a quality Mtn opponent like Pikeville maybe seems like a good idea. And it shows Pikeville is serious about being a football powerhouse.

Think about it here LMB maybe you don't have your story straight about who plays who. I don't know the story for sure but i wouldn't be makin those kind of accusations with out being able to back them up with fact.

Think about it here LMB maybe you don't have your story straight about who plays who. I don't know the story for sure but i wouldn't be makin those kind of accusations with out being able to back them up with fact.

 

Story straight about what? Bell wants to play Corbin next year and continue the rivalry, but Corbin wont play Bell. If there is more to it than that let me know. The only other thing I know going on is that a couple of Bell County students have talked about transferring to Corbin to play football and in the end it hasnt happened.

Bell County can't play Pikeville in the Pike County Bowl , Bell County will be playing in the City/County Bowl against Mo West in week #1.

so why is everyone avoiding Bell?

  • Author
But I hear you are the clamp that holds the loop together.:D

 

I wish! At this point, I'm just a clamp wannabe...:cry:

Bell County can't play Pikeville in the Pike County Bowl , Bell County will be playing in the City/County Bowl against Mo West in week #1.

Who is MO West?

I heard from a reliable source that Boyd Co. is our PCB opponent. No offense to Boyd but I personally would much rather have Bell if it can be done.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.