Middlesboro 21 Leslie CO 6

kkmama255

Nasty field conditions...:p

Casey Earls went out early in the 1st quarter ,I hope everything is ok with him and that he will be ready for the playoffs next week.

Our defense stood up and played i thought was a excellent game , our defense pretty much shut Howard out tonight he only had 1 big run and several other of his runs went for loses.

Trevor,Bowling,Ford all rushed the football really well tonight.

Trevor had a beautiful long TD pass to Hunter Adams in the 1st (I'd guess about 80 yards) but we only attempted a hand full of passes because the field was sooo awful tonight.

Gongrats to the Jackets and good luck next week against Cawood.

Haven't heard the Official Stats, but I'm going to say 5 TO's each - 3 fumbles and 2 INT's for Mboro, 2 fumbles and 3 INT's for Leslie.

Most of this game was played in a downpour. Neither QB could grip the ball well, none of the backs could cut, the ball was VERY hard to hold on to, players were falling down untouched, shotgun snaps were as iffy as passes.

Mboro's depth was a major factor in their victory, IMO. Earls went out 5 min into the 1st Q, and Ford was still gimpy, but Bowling once again came through at RB (subbed for Ford against Breathitt and had 4 TD's) and also on Defense. Shawn Russell, Eddie Gilbert, and Andrew Wilson stepped up also.

How many turnovers did each team have ?
Middlesboro 4 Leslie County 3

Some stats...

RUSHING - Lelsie County: Howard 13-83 (75 on 1 play), JoMorgan 2-4, Baker 3-3, Wells 1-0, JJ Morgan 5-(-3), Hubbard 1-(-10). Middlesboro: Bowling 24-174, Ford 17-89, Hoskins 11-60, Earls 5-14, Russell 2-6.

PASSING - Leslie County: JJMorgan 3-19-67-3. Middlesboro: Hoskins 2-8-79-1.

RECEIVING - Leslie County: Howard 2-30, Hubbard 1-37. Middlesboro: Adams 1-76, Bowling 1-3.

http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/articles/2006/10/31/sports/479jackets.txt

Did bad field conditions play the ultimate equalizer for speed, or is leslie a pretty solid team?
The football field was a muddy mess and add onto that they had to play out in the pouring rain.

Casey Earls only played a couple of series and left the game with a sore hip midway through the 1st quarter and didn't return.

C.G. Ford was still favoring a sore ankle and was about 70%.

Brennan Bowling though our third string back came in and played a excellent game (he has had a great year so far and IMO he has a bright future with the Jackets next year we will once again be solid at RB)..

IMO Middlesboro at full speed and on a dry field is 25-30 pts better than Leslie County.

I think the sloppy weather conditions helped Middlesboro way more than it did Leslie Co. Leslie receivers were open ALL NIGHT LONG!! Morgan just couldn't hold onto the ball to throw it. That played into Middlesboro's hands because then when you can't throw the ball, they can play that crazy goaline defense that they play and stop the run with ease.