Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harlan vs. Middlesboro

Featured Replies

Well I guess I will start this one. How is this game going to play out in your opinion? Both of these teams come in with only one loss (Harlan = Breathitt Co. and Middlesboro = Knoxville Central) but Middlesboro has played a hellacious schedule up to this point. Harlan's defense is stout but Middlesboro’s offense is putting up HUGE numbers. This has the makings of a good game.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess I will start this one. How is this game going to play out in your opinion? Both of these teams come in with only one loss (Harlan = Breathitt Co. and Middlesboro = Knoxville Central) but Middlesboro has played a hellacious schedule up to this point. Harlan's defense is stout but Middlesboro’s offense is putting up HUGE numbers. This has the makings of a good game.
Other than Central and Corbin Middlesboro has played a very weak schedule.

 

 

This has been a very good game over the years ,Harlan has always played us tough and i expect this year to be no different.

 

I don't think Harlan has enough speed to keep up with us although Harlan has a tough defense it will not be enough to stop us.

 

 

See Ya In The Boro next Friday night.

  • Author
Other than Central and Corbin Middlesboro has played a very weak schedule.

 

 

This has been a very good game over the years ,Harlan has always played us tough and i expect this year to be no different.

 

I don't think Harlan has enough speed to keep up with us although Harlan has a tough defense it will not be enough to stop us.

 

 

See Ya In The Boro next Friday night.

 

I stand corrected. I thought you all had already played Breathitt as well. Sorry about that.

I believe Mboro won by 6 at Harlan last year. The Jackets as well as the Dragons are better. Harlan has to be the underdog, however if it stays close, a break could make it go either way. I'm such a homer,

 

Harlan 26

Mboro 24

If Harlan stays close (less than 14 points) they have an excellent chance to make the Regional Finals in Class A but I really don't see it....

 

Middlesboro 42

Harlan 7

Dragon Slayer if you are from Harlan Co. its been a while since you slayed your last DRAGON I think the Boys In Green Are a robust 6-0 in the last six meetings with county teams, nice trend. That said M-Boro is a big test and I think this team is up to the level that it will take to knock off Coach Ro's boys.So Pappy call me a homer too. Harlan 29 Boro 27 .

The 'Boro has too many horses for the Dragons to stop IMO and too much depth.

 

Middlesboro has emerged, in my opinion of course, as the clearcut choice to meet Belfry in the Regional Finals.

I dont know about this one. We as in Breathitt had a hard time with the dfence over there. Our offence didnt really get going though. I think this will be a tight one.

Middlesboro-14

Harlan-13

I believe Mboro won by 6 at Harlan last year. The Jackets as well as the Dragons are better. Harlan has to be the underdog, however if it stays close, a break could make it go either way. I'm such a homer,

 

Harlan 26

Mboro 24

We beat Middlesboro by 10 last year. Was'nt even close this year. We're down a little, but Middlesboro is A LOT better this year. I've seen both teams play and really don't see a way for Harlan to stop the Jackets. Harlan can hang tough, but just not long enough. Jackets by 14+.

  • Author

Middlesboro 34

Harlan 14

 

Too much speed for Harlan on both sides of the ball.

MIDDLESBORO BIG ! ! ! Harlan is getting ready to play a real football team, with lots of big time players. :flame:

 

Harlan can't stop...Hoskins, Earls, Ford, Adams, Farr, Breeding.

MIDDLESBORO BIG ! ! ! Harlan is getting ready to play a real football team, with lots of big time players. :flame:

 

Harlan can't stop...Hoskins, Earls, Ford, Adams, Farr, Breeding.

You are right, you can't stop great players, but then sometimes you don't have to "stop" them to win. Middlesboro is definitely the fave on Friday. Look for it to be closer than most think.

If Harlan can play 4 qtrs. of solid football, I think that they'll put a scare into the Jackets, but I don't think they can stop everyone that they'll have to stop to win. Harlan is a much improved football team, but Middlesboro is in a different gear this year.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.