Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Middlesboro (11-1) at Belfry (10-2)

Who wins Friday? 111 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins Friday?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Rematch of last year's second round game won by Belfry 42-21.

 

Teams also met in 2004 second round (Belfry won 49-7); and the 2003 regional finals (Belfry won 21-0)

  • Replies 160
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Middlesboro was ranked#1 in 03 when Belfry won that game. They are ranked higher now than Belfry

 

I have to be a homer and take Belfry, but it will take a solid effort that limits turnovers and drive killing penalties. We all know the days of Howard and Jones breaking big ones are gone.

Belfry 27

M'boro 14

I'm going to go with Middlesboro in this one. I think if they can hold onto the football then they will be able to beat Belfry but if they turn it over they will pay for it.

Gotta go with Belfry at home.

 

M'Boro 14

Belfry 28

Hopefully the conditions will be a weather conditions will be a little better next week. I will take Middlesboro in this one with Earls scoring a few TDs.

 

Middlesboro 24

Belfry 18

Well the way I'm picking right now I couldn't pick my daddy out of a police lineup, and I don't want to jinx Belfry by picking them. I will say that Belfry is the better team...

I think that Belfry will pull away with the win if they limit their turnovers and penalties. It's hard to beat Belfry at home and I think that the boys will really want this one...

If Middlesboro holds onto the football they are a very tough offense to stop. Middlesboro has atleast 2 offensive weapons that could start on ANY team in the mountains. Casey Earls(RB) & Trevor Hoskins(QB) are outstanding football players. Im excited to see these two seniors lead the Jackets against a very tough Belfry team. And I would like to ask folks when making your picks to look over the fact that Belfry has beaten us the last three meetings. This years match-up in my opinion is the most evenly matched it has ever been. Belfry has been a MUCH BETTER football team in the past meetings except for 03, when a solid Middlesboro team couldn't stop UK's David Jones. As un-biased as I can be ----> (I have great respect for the Belfry football program and coach Haywoold, they ended my career), This should be a GREAT FOOTBALL GAME friday night, and I really believe this is the most evenly matched the two teams have ever been! Two outstanding programs will go HEAD to HEAD friday night, You Gotta Love It ! :fight: :fight:

Never bet against Belfry in a regional championship game

 

Did you know Belfry had lost the NINE previous Regional Championship games they were in before 2003 ?!?

 

The Pirates saved up a LONG time, but they're making them count now...

I've always heard that Belfry is one of the toughest places in the state to play, especially in the post season. I say Belfry wins and goes on to meet Russell.

Belfry 28

Middlesboro 13

Did you know Belfry had lost the NINE previous Regional Championship games they were in before 2003 ?!?

 

The Pirates saved up a LONG time, but they're making them count now...

 

Well, from 2003 until whenever don't bet on em' lol

How is Belfry's run defense?? If I remember correctly didn't Sheldon Clark run the football with a great deal of success??

 

In a strange kind of way I'm kind of glad we are playing at Belfry ,I know it's gonna be a long drive but I feel that with our team speed playing on the turf will actually help us a lot more than what it would if we was playing at home.

 

 

See ya Friday night.

 

GOOOOO JACKETS!:ylsuper:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.